Women sarcasm bomb Republican governors

Facebook users took to the walls of Republican governor of Kansas Sam Brownback and Virginia state senator Ryan McDougle to post intimate details of their reproductive health in protest of anti-abortion legislation.

The Republicans’ walls were filled with messages, many from women, detailing their menstrual and reproductive health and asking the politicians for advice on different health problems. One website labelled the messages “Sarcasm Bombing” for the tounge-in-cheek way the users ask the politicians for help.

“Hi Senator McDougle! I just wanted to let you know, since you’re so concerned about women’s health, that my period started today! Color looks good, flow not too heavy. Cramps are pretty manageable but don’t worry- I’ll make sure to let you know if that changes! Thanks again for caring so much about women and our bodies!”

Both McDougle and Brownback have supported measures in legislation to restrict a woman’s ability to get an abortion.

Brownback has said he would sign an anti-abortion bill introduced into the Kansas legislature, while McDougle was a supporter for Virginia’s mandatory transvaginal ultrasound bill. The bill was later altered before being signed into law, but McDougle advocated for a mandate in which women seeking an abortion would be required to have an invasive ultrasound to determine the fetus’s gestational age. Under the passed law, women must submit to a conventional ultrasound before being granted an abortion.

The Facebook protestors mocked the politicians’ involvement in female reproductive rights, asking for advice on an array of health issues.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...with-female-health-details-on-facebook-walls/

:clap2: I like this. We all know how much men love to talk about our menstrual cycles. :lol:

What's wonderful about these e-mails to public officials is that they are there forever, and availale to anyone who cares to look. Like employers, boyfriends, catty women. Future litigants. This is just too delicious.

LOL...he can read about my clots on the floor of fucking Congress for all I care. :lol:

Makes me remember George Wallace speeches in which we protested by turning our backs to him or, and I loved this, throwing marshmallows at the old racist. I love the glitter bombs for the same non-violent but effective reason.

Chris, I disagree - I think the Repubs have been this crazy for a long long time. They just used to hide it. I believe a huge difference between then and post Bush/Cheney madness is that the Bush admin made it very acceptable to rub our noses in their very worst.

This is certainly not the first time in history that this has happened and others have compared the so-called Conservatives who not at all conservative, to the time before the French Revolution, the era of Let Them Eat Cake. And, the shoe really does fit.

Women should have no choice- absolutely right...even if it saves tons of money....Pub dupe/A-HOLES...tyvm...

Do you use protection when you have sex with yourself ?

I hope so. We wouldn't want you to get pregnant !

The Republican war on family planning continues....

Is there no evil in the world that the Republican Party won't support?

No. Thay will also think of new ones avery day.

Time better spent helping other peeple is spent thinking of new ways to hurt them.

Hey, it's the left that keeps bringing this stupid bullshit up... I guess it's a nice diversion from what the left has delivered, you know, $16,000,000,000,000 debt, $1,500,000,000,000 defects as far as the eye can see, inflation, $5 gas, housing markets off 40%, record numbers of Americans on public assistance, worthless U.S. $, 40,000,000+ unemployed, Solyndra, union bailouts, Wall Street bailouts, ties to domestic terrorists, racist preachers, avowed communists, U.S. global competitiveness down 4 positions, health insurance costs up 23%, etc.

Yes,

Obama had done a kick ass job !!!

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

In New Hampshire, a Tea Party-happy House of Representatives has passed a bill that would require doctors to tell women that abortion causes breast cancer—despite the fact that it’s untrue.

The bill, sponsored by Rep. Jeanine Notter, states that “it is scientifically undisputed that full-term pregnancy reduces a woman’s lifetime risk of breast cancer” and “women facing an abortion decision have a right to know that such medical data exists.” Therefore, doctors must inform pregnant women that “there is a direct link between abortion and breast cancer.”

But no link between abortion and breast cancer has been proven. The consensus in the scientific community, in fact, is that abortion does not cause breast cancer—a statement supported by the World Health Organization, the National Cancer Institute, the American Cancer Society and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.

N.H. Bill Would Have Doctors Lie About Abortion, Breast Cancer Link

In New Hampshire, a Tea Party-happy House of Representatives has passed a bill that would require doctors to tell women that abortion causes breast cancer—despite the fact that it’s untrue.

The bill, sponsored by Rep. Jeanine Notter, states that “it is scientifically undisputed that full-term pregnancy reduces a woman’s lifetime risk of breast cancer” and “women facing an abortion decision have a right to know that such medical data exists.” Therefore, doctors must inform pregnant women that “there is a direct link between abortion and breast cancer.”

But no link between abortion and breast cancer has been proven. The consensus in the scientific community, in fact, is that abortion does not cause breast cancer—a statement supported by the World Health Organization, the National Cancer Institute, the American Cancer Society and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.

N.H. Bill Would Have Doctors Lie About Abortion, Breast Cancer Link

So what is your point ?

One is talking about full term pregnancy and breast cancer and the other is talking about abortion and breast cancer.

Do you even read your own quotes ?

Forum List

Back