women: safety tips

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
the days will shorten soon enoough now...and the predators will have more time and opportunity....safety should be a main concern for everyone but esp women, alone.

there is safey in numbers try to go out with friends if you can.

be aware of your surroundings..dont be on the cellphone...going thru your bag..etc...stay aware...if something doesnt seem right...follow that instinct.

when walking from the mall to car....i have my keys out and have a key in between my fingers to use as a weapon.. get in the car as fast as you can.

if you find yourself in trouble...scream fire..dont ask me why but it seems to work better than help or rape.

do not get in the car with some sob...even if said sob has a gun...once you get in that car you lose....run, scream, fight...do not get in the car.

this is a small town...years ago ..a guy started taking joggers...off the street...he killed the first two..for some reason he decided to terrorize the 3rd lady by taking her to see the bodies of the first two and raping her repeatly...she is naked in the car when he pulls up to a station to get gas....and leaves her alone..thinking she is too broken to do anything by then...she crawls out of the murders car and into the back seat of another car..the driver of the 2nd car comes out to find a terrified young lady ...beaten and all in his car...
she tells him who she is and asks for help...the poor guy in a tizzy turns away from the main drag and she beings to scream...he calms her down and takes her to his sister..
seems he was as scared as she was ...and his sister lived about 300 yards from the gas station...she lived due to be smart and brave..but she should have never gotten in that car.

the days will shorten soon enoough now...and the predators will have more time and opportunity....safety should be a main concern for everyone but esp women, alone.

there is safey in numbers try to go out with friends if you can.

be aware of your surroundings..dont be on the cellphone...going thru your bag..etc...stay aware...if something doesnt seem right...follow that instinct.

when walking from the mall to car....i have my keys out and have a key in between my fingers to use as a weapon.. get in the car as fast as you can.

if you find yourself in trouble...scream fire..dont ask me why but it seems to work better than help or rape.

do not get in the car with some sob...even if said sob has a gun...once you get in that car you lose....run, scream, fight...do not get in the car.

this is a small town...years ago ..a guy started taking joggers...off the street...he killed the first two..for some reason he decided to terrorize the 3rd lady by taking her to see the bodies of the first two and raping her repeatly...she is naked in the car when he pulls up to a station to get gas....and leaves her alone..thinking she is too broken to do anything by then...she crawls out of the murders car and into the back seat of another car..the driver of the 2nd car comes out to find a terrified young lady ...beaten and all in his car...
she tells him who she is and asks for help...the poor guy in a tizzy turns away from the main drag and she beings to scream...he calms her down and takes her to his sister..
seems he was as scared as she was ...and his sister lived about 300 yards from the gas station...she lived due to be smart and brave..but she should have never gotten in that car.

All good points. I would add:
Park up front, look under your car as you approach and into it before you enter. Above all, take a self-defense class and learn how to break him down and then stomp a mud-hole into his ass.

any women here carry pepper spray? what do you think about it?

i dont carry pepper spray or mace....some of my friends have tasers...but they didnt think about the tasers being ones that you have to impact the body with...sprays dont do much but piss most people off even more...

i dont carry pepper spray or mace....some of my friends have tasers...but they didnt think about the tasers being ones that you have to impact the body with...sprays dont do much but piss most people off even more...

Sprays are good. They can spray a long way away and incapacitate a person long enough for you to disappear. It can take a good half hour to recover from pepper spray, if you don't have anywhere to wash it off. I'd recommend any woman carry a little bottle in their purse. They're small and easy to use.

Pepper spray may only piss someone off. I carry a gun.

In fact there is something bothering me, it seems like I am being followed by a guy from my work place, and no, he does not work there, he is a customer

Everywhere I go, he is there. and he always says this, "I am not stalking you, or nothing like that" :doubt:
The first few times I thought it was coincidence, but I do not live in the same city I work in, I see him in other areas, I am starting to realize, that goes beyond coicidence

I agree it pisses them off. but they're blinded for 45 minutes.

In fact there is something bothering me, it seems like I am being followed by a guy from my work place, and no, he does not work there, he is a customer

Everywhere I go, he is there. and he always says this, "I am not stalking you, or nothing like that" :doubt:
The first few times I thought it was coincidence, but I do not live in the same city I work in, I see him in other areas, I am starting to realize, that goes beyond coicidence

Individuals can't carry a gun in every state. Well, not legally, that is.

why did you have to go and warn them? now if i get pepper sprayed its your fault!!!!!

seriously those are all good tips, you should always be careful and alert.

Individuals can't carry a gun in every state. Well, not legally, that is.

I know and that infringes on their rights
http://www.concealedcarryohio.com/

Last edited:

Call the police, and report this. Stalkers can become violent.

It does piss them off. My late ex-husband used it as an excuse for trying to hit me with his car. Said he couldn't see.

Big or medium size dogs help if you can keep one. I worked in the winter down in Kansas City for a few years, sometimes not in the best of neighborhoods. Normally at businesses that were open but sometimes the business would be closed as I was finishing up. My dogs traveled with me everywhere I went (one was with me for 17 years, one 11 years). Most business people I worked with did not mind, if they did I would not work for them. When I would be working past dark at any place (i worked outside of the buildings) I would keep one dog near me and one in the pickup during day where ever I worked I would leave a window down or door open on the pickup so they could get out if I called them if I was in an unsafe or remote area. For years before I got the dogs I carried a pistol with me (Idaho). It saved me more than once from harm, did not have to use it but just the thought kept me from being attacked from a couple people that would have until they saw the gun.

i cant take the doberman to the mall....what good is he locked in a car...plus its too hot to keep a dog in the car...at home ...he is the first thing they have to go against...then the junk yard dog will join any attack....they are both trained ...to the tone of my voice...i can say kiss or kill and its all in the voice not the word. and what good are they if the other person has a gun..then i lose both my dogs...course that does give me time to grab my shotgun.

Big or medium size dogs help if you can keep one. I worked in the winter down in Kansas City for a few years, sometimes not in the best of neighborhoods. Normally at businesses that were open but sometimes the business would be closed as I was finishing up. My dogs traveled with me everywhere I went (one was with me for 17 years, one 11 years). Most business people I worked with did not mind, if they did I would not work for them. When I would be working past dark at any place (i worked outside of the buildings) I would keep one dog near me and one in the pickup during day where ever I worked I would leave a window down or door open on the pickup so they could get out if I called them if I was in an unsafe or remote area. For years before I got the dogs I carried a pistol with me (Idaho). It saved me more than once from harm, did not have to use it but just the thought kept me from being attacked from a couple people that would have until they saw the gun.

I take my dog with me a lot and she's always close to me, even at home.

She's not as big as Bones' dogs but a 65 lb. Boxer with no discernable fat still looks "bully" enough to make people think twice. Especially when she does her "big dog" bark. ;)

We live in cooler areas so dogs in the car not a problem on most days. I have always left the windows down for the dogs could jump out if they needed to get to me. When we spent winters in Florida we would park where I could put them on a leash near the pickup. My dogs were very well trained. Like children for the dogs it is what they are taught and become accustom too.

She's not as big as Bones' dogs but a 65 lb. Boxer with no discernable fat still looks "bully" enough to make people think twice. Especially when she does her "big dog" bark. ;)
Had a brindle boxer when the children were lil, he was a great dog.

I had the sweetest English bull. He would do his big dog bark and then hide behind my legs. :lol:

Forum List

Back