Women. Religion’s longest running victims.

Mt.man, again a specific concern for specific church:
Since the sixth-century BC, Corinth was very well-known for the oracle at Delphi. In the Temple of Apollos at Delphi, a woman prophet called the Pythia would respond to questions asked from inquirers. In ancient times, people traveled great distances to visit Corinth and ask the Pythia questions.

Chloe, female leader from church of Corinth, sent a delegation to Paul concerning the problem of bringing pagan worship practices into the Christian church, in CORINTH.
The practice of asking questions and getting prophesy, caused the women to disrupt God breathed prophesy by asking questions. Paul told them to ask their questions at home.
To the contrary, Paul never told Phoebe< well versed in Christianity to shut up or go home. If you interpreted correctly, Paul would have told Phoebe the same thing He told the distracting women in the church at Corinth.
No where in the Old Testament are women told to shut up. To the contrary, women and wisdom go hand in hand:

Proverbs 3:18 She is a tree of life to those who take hold of ...

Wisdom is a tree of life to those who embrace her; happy are those who hold ... of life to those who lay hold of her; those who hold her fast are called blessed.

If you'd let us we are a blessing to men.

While I appreciate the history lesson of the church, and the respectful tone, and I do truly, I don't think you have answered my questions above. Because of how straight forward and simple those questions are, I can only take this to mean that you are avoiding the answers.

This is a shame because I would actually really like to know what a Christian woman thinks about these issues of gender inequality in Christian history as well as modern Christianity.

If out of expediency please just answer me this: why are there so few female church leaders among the different denominations today?

How is interpreting that quote to mean that wives should be subject to their husbands a misinterpretation of that passage? Seems pretty straight forward.
its a misinterpretation because no one ever quotes verse 21
21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
in the original text verse 22 doesn't even have a verb....the literal translation is "women, do this by....." and verse 25 is literally "men, do this by......", and 6:1 is literally "children, do this by......"
pretending this is some specific instruction that women are supposed to submit and no one else is, is an intentional misrepresentation........

How is interpreting that quote to mean that wives should be subject to their husbands a misinterpretation of that passage? Seems pretty straight forward.
in the original text verse 22 doesn't even have a verb....the literal translation is "women, do this by....." and verse 25 is literally "men, do this by......", and 6:1 is literally "children, do this by......"
pretending this is some specific instruction that women are supposed to submit and no one else is, is an intentional misrepresentation........

Ok, that makes better sense.

But, why was the translation made such to be read as though women should subjects of their husbands? If it's because men translated the original texts to subjugate women, then how much of the Bible in its common translations has been rewritten to empower some over others? Why hasn't the godhead of the religion done more to correct such falsity among His/Her faithful?

Such wrongness is partly what prompts non-theists like me to question the "True-ness" of such a religion. Does that make sense?

Why hasn't the godhead of the religion done more to correct such falsity among His/Her faithful?

???......he sent me, didn't he?......now he's got me and you....what are you waiting for?......

Such wrongness is partly what prompts non-theists like me to question the "True-ness" of such a religion. Does that make sense?
to be honest, no.....it does not make sense....though it IS what we've come to expect.....non-theists misrepresenting the scripture and then condemning it because that which is misrepresented offends them......

I love being a Proverbs 31 woman, and my husband treats me like a cherished jewel.

Sure but does he, like most men of business, pay women only 70% of what they pay men for the same job?

And do you fell comfy having your mother and daughter seen as second class citizens as you just think of your jewelly jewelly self?

Women with your social conscience is why women today are fighting for equality.

If I offended it was because you deserved nothing less for your offence.

Regards
DL

While I appreciate the history lesson of the church, and the respectful tone, and I do truly, I don't think you have answered my questions above. Because of how straight forward and simple those questions are, I can only take this to mean that you are avoiding the answers.

This is a shame because I would actually really like to know what a Christian woman thinks about these issues of gender inequality in Christian history as well as modern Christianity.

If out of expediency please just answer me this: why are there so few female church leaders among the different denominations today?

As a Christian women, I am not encumbered by gender bias. Never been told to shut up, never been told that I have no place in a church, and could preach if I was inclined. I don't know what else to tell you.
Anyone can pick a passage from the Bible and build a case around it. That doesn't make it "Biblical". There are themes throughout the Bible. Love is one such theme. Not judging is another.

Therefore, If you find women leading throughout the Book, then it is a theme. One statement doesn't change that. If the statement is contrary to the theme, then you need to look to the context to understand it.

Gender bias is a man made device, not a God given rule. God is not impressed with our sexual parts. His concern is the heart, an organ that men and women share equally.

Last edited:
"Sure but does he, like most men of business, pay women only 70% of what they pay men for the same job?
And do you fell comfy having your mother and daughter seen as second class citizens as you just think of your jewelly jewelly self?
Regards
DL"

My mother did not need to work outside of the home, but she chose to, and my father was in agreement with that, as long as her job did not become more important than family. My daughter owns her own business and pays her husband the same wages as she pays the female employees,,,,her children are grown and on their own with strong Christian values... None of us ever felt like second class citizens. In fact it has always been just the opposite....However a number of folks I know that were "liberated feminists" found themselves divorced and groveling for child support, taking time off from their jobs to go to court, etc. Some would go from man to man looking for perfection....LOL They don't exist here in the real world.

Here we are in civilized and enlightened societies and cultures in high tech times and we are not smart enough to recognize that the world will continue in strife as long as we men do not give women full equality as a minimum to what men should do towards the care of families.

I hope you are astute enough to see this. If you do nothing then you know not what duty to your family should be. The women in your family deserve to be first class citizens.

Men are maintaining God’s curse against women. He will rule over you.

Men. Christians, Catholics and Muslims. Free your women. It’s time. Man up.

Please.

Regards
DL

Yesterday I watched a show on Public TV where the Afgan drug trafficers take the little girls if farmers can't pay the bribes. Then they have to come up with $40K to get his little girl back.

Why are we not arming these women in Afganistan? Sure she can't take on the whole gang but she can surprise and take a few of them out before they drag her daughter off. Make them think twice before they go into the next house. Arm ALL the abused women of Afganistan and train them to go back to the village, take the burka off and when the taliban come up and ask her to put her scarf on, KAPLOW. The women of the world need to fight back now! Want equality and freedom, fight for it.

But we need to supply them with guns. How easy would it be to hide a gun under a burka?

[

Gender bias is a man made device, not a God given rule. God is not impressed with our sexual parts. His concern is the heart, an organ that men and women share equally.

Is the head an organ and why is man told to be woman's head?

Regards
DL

"Sure but does he, like most men of business, pay women only 70% of what they pay men for the same job?
Regards
DL"

My mother did not need to work outside of the home, but she chose to, and my father was in agreement with that, as long as her job did not become more important than family. My daughter owns her own business and pays her husband the same wages as she pays the female employees,,,,her children are grown and on their own with strong Christian values... None of us ever felt like second class citizens. In fact it has always been just the opposite....However a number of folks I know that were "liberated feminists" found themselves divorced and groveling for child support, taking time off from their jobs to go to court, etc. Some would go from man to man looking for perfection....LOL They don't exist here in the real world.

So because you will only look at your own good situation, you will ignore all your suffering sisters.

Nice morals. *******.

Regards
DL

Here we are in civilized and enlightened societies and cultures in high tech times and we are not smart enough to recognize that the world will continue in strife as long as we men do not give women full equality as a minimum to what men should do towards the care of families.

I hope you are astute enough to see this. If you do nothing then you know not what duty to your family should be. The women in your family deserve to be first class citizens.

Men are maintaining God’s curse against women. He will rule over you.

Men. Christians, Catholics and Muslims. Free your women. It’s time. Man up.

Please.

Regards
DL

Yesterday I watched a show on Public TV where the Afgan drug trafficers take the little girls if farmers can't pay the bribes. Then they have to come up with $40K to get his little girl back.

Why are we not arming these women in Afganistan? Sure she can't take on the whole gang but she can surprise and take a few of them out before they drag her daughter off. Make them think twice before they go into the next house. Arm ALL the abused women of Afganistan and train them to go back to the village, take the burka off and when the taliban come up and ask her to put her scarf on, KAPLOW. The women of the world need to fight back now! Want equality and freedom, fight for it.

But we need to supply them with guns. How easy would it be to hide a gun under a burka?

So you think women should stoop to using the man promoted methods that have given us 3,000 years of war.

Go away fool.

Regards
DL

What have you accomplished in an effort to "free" all women? Pretty please let our women be free is as effective as the first lady holding up a sign that says, "# Let the girls go."

If you have such concern, what are you doing to rectify the situation? Have you complained to your boss that you want your salary to be the same as the women where you work? How about sharing the overage with them every paycheck?

Regards
DL"

So because you will only look at your own good situation, you will ignore all your suffering sisters.

Nice morals. *******.

Regards
DL

Or may be their suffering is in your imagination.

Sure but does he, like most men of business, pay women only 70% of what they pay men for the same job?

Regards
DL

I chose my career, went to college, owned my own business, and I based my employees pay, not by what was between their legs, or color of their skin, etc...... but what was in their grey matter and their attitude at work. My husband also owned his own businesses,,,,,and we both used the same measures.

None of my family is too terribly concerned with what the world's opinion is regarding where we are on the ladder of equality , but we concern ourselves as to whether or not what we do is pleasing to God, for it is God and God alone that we all must answer to when our time here is done. We never have been folks that obsessed about whether Dick or Jane drove a Toyota Camry or a Cadillac because we simply don't care.

If you find my( and that of my family ) life of satisfaction offensive, then perhaps you need to obsess less about my life and go obsess about your own and find what niche your life is in this world,,,,

We both are involved in mission work to present the Gospel of Jesus Christ to those that don't know Him or even about Him. Whether or not they choose to accept Christ as Lord and Savior in their life is up to each individual. We can only present them with the tools with which they can make an informed decision.

We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.
So many people are working hard to get more money, in order to spend it to impress people that don't even care.
Live simply. Love generously. Speak truthfully. Breathe deeply. Do your best. Leave everything else to the powers above you.

Ok, that makes better sense.

But, why was the translation made such to be read as though women should subjects of their husbands? If it's because men translated the original texts to subjugate women, then how much of the Bible in its common translations has been rewritten to empower some over others? Why hasn't the godhead of the religion done more to correct such falsity among His/Her faithful?

perhaps it's because in biblical times, and not until all that long ago, women WERE considered the legal property of their husbands.

you can question theists for still purporting to believe that nonsense.

What have you accomplished in an effort to "free" all women? Pretty please let our women be free is as effective as the first lady holding up a sign that says, "# Let the girls go."

If you have such concern, what are you doing to rectify the situation? Have you complained to your boss that you want your salary to be the same as the women where you work? How about sharing the overage with them every paycheck?

Nice of you to acknowledge that women are paid less for the same work that a man does.

That is how big a fool you are.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back