Women protest Bush on the abortion Bill...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by clumzgirl
However, I despise the idea of old white men in DC telling me what I CAN and CANNOT do with my body. I don't think abortion will ever be completely illegal, which is why I always vote pro-life, in order to help eradicate late-term abortions and partial-birth abortions.

Fine, then rally women like yourself to push the anti abortion agenda. Then you dont have to worry about that.

Originally posted by OCA
Yeah there were a lot of dykes here yesterday and for what? Does anybody think a silly, stupid march on the Capital Mall is going to have any effect? Well it had one effect, well two, it snarled traffic and pissed the locals off.

Out of idol curiosity, why would Lesbians care about abortion or not? its not like they are going to let a man close enough to impregnate them.

Originally posted by megsand247
I'm glad to see so many tolerant and understanding people live in our nation's capital. Unfortunately I couldn't attend the March on Sunday. And not that it's anyone's business but I am heterosexual, or as OCA so eloquently put it, not a dyke.
I don't understand how so many people can be in favor of illegalizing abortion. If you're against it, then don't have one; it's really very simple. Who are you to say what women can and can not do to their bodies. And men, sorry, you can have an opinion on the issue but you can't have a say regarding abortion's legality. Never will you have to make the extremely difficult decision to not keep a baby. Becoming pregnant will forever change a woman's life. She and only she should be able to decide how it will affect her life.
The decision to have an abortion isn't taken lightly. There is a great deal of thought, emotion, and consideration put into it. It's not like pro-choice women are getting pregnant and then getting abortions because they can. It's not something women want to ever have to think about doing. We're not baby killers. We just want the option in case down the road someday some horrible circumstance arises and the only way out is an abortion. All we're asking for is our Constitutional right provided by the 4th amendment. We want to keep and maintain our rights, just like gun owners want to maintain their Second amendment right so that they can possibly kill fully developed human beings.

The fact that the fathers do not have a say in these abortions is a big part of the problem for me. What if the tide were turned? Would women put up with men having abortions...or would that be infringing upon our potential right to be a mother. Bottom line is,it takes two to make a child and two should have a say in that baby's life. I wonder how many babies were aborted that maybe the father would have raised if the mother would have just done her part for the nine months.

As far as comparing it to gun rights,thats a lot different. If someone is trying to rape,mug,or hurt you and you have to defend yourself,then that is a lot different than a baby being thrown away cause mom and dad could not be responsible enough to go to the drug store and take percautions.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Out of idol curiosity, why would Lesbians care about abortion or not? its not like they are going to let a man close enough to impregnate them.

Ever see a picture of Patsy Ireland the head of NOW? I don't know if she's gay or not but she sure as hell looks like it and thats what most of these women looked like. I guess its all sisterhood as to why a lesbian would support abortion rights.

Originally posted by megsand247
I'm glad to see so many tolerant and understanding people live in our nation's capital. Unfortunately I couldn't attend the March on Sunday. And not that it's anyone's business but I am heterosexual, or as OCA so eloquently put it, not a dyke.
I don't understand how so many people can be in favor of illegalizing abortion. If you're against it, then don't have one; it's really very simple. Who are you to say what women can and can not do to their bodies. And men, sorry, you can have an opinion on the issue but you can't have a say regarding abortion's legality. Never will you have to make the extremely difficult decision to not keep a baby. Becoming pregnant will forever change a woman's life. She and only she should be able to decide how it will affect her life.

That is why you should think about who you have sex with and whether you have it unprotected. Accidents happen and thats why you try to protect yourself as best as you can. But to say that abortion is your failsafe cause you knows its there is a cop out.

To also say that its not a mans choice to make is also bullshit. That baby is every part the man as it is the woman. IF you chose to have sex with the man, then you brought him in on the act and its his choice as well. Your killing a part of him as well as a part of you.

Plus no one is making abortion illegal. They simply stopped women from having them after 6 months. That is well beyond the time it would take for a baby to form.

The decision to have an abortion isn't taken lightly. There is a great deal of thought, emotion, and consideration put into it. It's not like pro-choice women are getting pregnant and then getting abortions because they can. It's not something women want to ever have to think about doing. We're not baby killers. We just want the option in case down the road someday some horrible circumstance arises and the only way out is an abortion. All we're asking for is our Constitutional right provided by the 4th amendment. We want to keep and maintain our rights, just like gun owners want to maintain their Second amendment right so that they can possibly kill fully developed human beings.

As for your second ammendment bullshit. I dont see thugs on the street purchasing rifles and hand guns at local gun shops and going through the neccassary paper work to own one. I also don't see respectful gun owners walking around the streets doing drive bys at 4AM. Besides, you tell me the difference between killing a fully develpoed human being who has a chance to defend themselves in some capacity, and killing an under developed human being who has no way to defend itself from the suction tube.

Originally posted by insein
That is why you should think about who you have sex with and whether you have it unprotected. Accidents happen and thats why you try to protect yourself as best as you can. But to say that abortion is your failsafe cause you knows its there is a cop out.

To also say that its not a mans choice to make is also bullshit. That baby is every part the man as it is the woman. IF you chose to have sex with the man, then you brought him in on the act and its his choice as well. Your killing a part of him as well as a part of you.

Plus no one is making abortion illegal. They simply stopped women from having them after 6 months. That is well beyond the time it would take for a baby to form.

As for your second ammendment bullshit. I dont see thugs on the street purchasing rifles and hand guns at local gun shops and going through the neccassary paper work to own one. I also don't see respectful gun owners walking around the streets doing drive bys at 4AM. Besides, you tell me the difference between killing a fully develpoed human being who has a chance to defend themselves in some capacity, and killing an under developed human being who has no way to defend itself from the suction tube. [/B]

:clap: :clap: :clap1: :clap1:

I happen to be pro-choice in the matter and believe that women need to make their own decisions.
I think that there is one point that no one seems to have hit on (and maybe I missed it).But if abortion is or is not made legal, the fact remains that abortion is still going to continue to happen. It is better to make is safe rather than cause women to do it in an unsafe manner.
You are always going to have those that use it for birth control reasons, and lets face it, it 's the uneducated and ignorant that do so.
It should be made legal for those that need to have it for health reasons, rape or other justified circumstances.
Not everyone that gets an abortion does it just to eliminate a child they don't want. All aspects of the issue need to be looked at and not only one.
The other thing to consider is the fact that for all those children that are not aborted and brought into the world by those ignorant and uneducated parents will be ultimately supported by you. Who do you think is going to pay their Welfare and other government benefits given to them because they can't support their children in a caring manner?
I'm sure I pissed off a lot of you at this point, but you need to think about everything that is affected and all the issues.

Originally posted by Lizzy
I happen to be pro-choice in the matter and believe that women need to make their own decisions.
I think that there is one point that no one seems to have hit on (and maybe I missed it).But if abortion is or is not made legal, the fact remains that abortion is still going to continue to happen. It is better to make is safe rather than cause women to do it in an unsafe manner.
You are always going to have those that use it for birth control reasons, and lets face it, it 's the uneducated and ignorant that do so.
It should be made legal for those that need to have it for health reasons, rape or other justified circumstances.
Not everyone that gets an abortion does it just to eliminate a child they don't want. All aspects of the issue need to be looked at and not only one.
The other thing to consider is the fact that for all those children that are not aborted and brought into the world by those ignorant and uneducated parents will be ultimately supported by you. Who do you think is going to pay their Welfare and other government benefits given to them because they can't support their children in a caring manner?
I'm sure I pissed off a lot of you at this point, but you need to think about everything that is affected and all the issues.

Some reasonable pts there. I would be curious to know however, what percentage of abortions performed are due to health complications of the mother. My guess, and it is purely a guess, is that it is a small percentage.

The pt I always come back is that I am all for women making there own decisions. The fact is though they did make a decsion to have sex. If it results in an unwanted pregnancy that would be a poor decision. If you do not have consequences that hold someone accountable for said decision, by simple logic, that person is more likely to make poor decisions again in the future.

Speaking of points rarely hit on, you mention that women will get abortion anyway. This is not the problem and in many cases people miss the big picture. To me the best thing to do would be to reduct the number of people that would get abortion anyway through education. Why not start pushing that instead of pushing pro-choice?

I wasn't going to get into this but here I am anyway.

I have to agree with Lizzy, here. Right or wrong, women have been having abortions since sin entered the world. People act like this is something new.

When I was a little girl (and that was a few years ago) , we had a neighbor lady who, after having sex with her husband, would repeatedly jump off the front porch. I'm assuming it was to get the semen to drain quicker. That, or to miscarry should those little devils had reached the egg. And my grandmother said that women use to sit on cans of turpentine. She had 4 little girls in 4 years. I can only imagine how many children were born deformed should conception actually have taken place.

People say abortion is wrong except in the case of rape, deformities, incest. Well, if it's wrong....it's wrong. Period. That's why I agree with Lizzy. It cannot be blanketed any more than any of the other topics on this board.

Originally posted by krisy
Please,give us all a break.Whether you like it or not,God created black people,Jews,Hispanics too. Abortion is wrong no matter who is getting one. Spare us from your assnine babble and let the adults talk now.
Jews have extreamly low abortion rates.

Black women are nearly three times as likely as white women to have an abortion, and Latino women are roughly twice as likely.

Originally posted by Bern80
Some reasonable pts there. I would be curious to know however, what percentage of abortions performed are due to health complications of the mother. My guess, and it is purely a guess, is that it is a small percentage.

There are 1.3 million abortions annually in the US, 80% of which are obtained for the sake of personal convenience. A 1987 survey, conducted by the Alan Guttmacher Institute-incidentally a staunchly pro-abortion group- bore that figure out. This was an intensely embarrassing revelation for pro-abortion forces. Needless to say, no such figures have been publicized since-a fact which speaks volumes by itself. Additionally, the general direction in which America is being dragged by our cultural elite gives us scant reason to believe that that percentage has improved in the last seventeen years.

Originally posted by OCA
Whites have astronomically by far more abortions in the United States Of America. Got this link from Stormfront.org, a white supremacist site so if they report something disparaging about whites and are unable to spin it you know these stats are ironclad.

http://www.abortionfacts.com/statistics/race.asp

White women have abortions at almost double the rate of Blacks and Hispanics aren't even on the board.

Originally posted by OCA
White women have abortions at almost double the rate of Blacks and Hispanics aren't even on the board.
Thats because your stats count hispanics as whites. There is a thing called per capita, and your stats don't address that.
White women have six times the population of black women. That would mean White women would have to have six times the amount of abortion to be equal to black women.

Racial gaps in health are significant throughout the life course. Blacks and Hispanics are nearly twice as likely as whites to incur a fetal loss (a stillbirth or miscarriage) during pregnancy. Blacks are nearly four times as likely as whites to have an induced abortion; Hispanics are twice as likely as non-Hispanic whites to have an induced abortion. 72 In 1994, infant mortality rates were nearly two-and-one half times as high for blacks as for whites, and fifty percent higher for American Indians. Blacks have significantly higher death rates than whites for most of the top fifteen leading causes of death in the United States.
http://www.umich.edu/~urel/admissions/legal/expert/sugru11.html

Originally posted by OCA
Black and Hispanic women continue to have disproportionately high abortion rates, with blacks and Hispanics accounting for 32% and 20% of abortions, respectively, even though they represent only 14% and 13% of women of childbearing age.
http://www.ppacca.org/news/read.asp?ID=195

Well here are more stats that prove you wrong. Hispanics, which you said these guys lumped in as whites were counted seperately, they are not even close to having the amount that whites have and don't give me the per capita argument because according to you guys whites will be outnumbered by Hispanics in 2050 or something like that so that would mean the populations have to be pretty close right now. Spin this how you want, they didn't count Hispanics as whites and i'm sure the center for disease control is biased, right? Face it white women are slicing and dicing innocent children far more than anybody else.

Don't give you the percapita argument? I'm sorry, oca, you're a flaming fucktarded idiot.

OCA, you have clearly now proven to be a Dumbass.

This is from the website that you posted:

Blacks who make up 14% of all childbearing women, have 31% of all abortions and whites, who account for 81% of women of childbearing age, have 61%". Since Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton over 10 million African American babies have been sacrificed for any reason or no reason in "clinics" offering "safe" and legal abortions.

Subsequently, the seeds of the eugenics movement of which abortion is only one way it is manifested, are bearing a bountiful harvest today, For every 3 Black babies born, 2 are aborted. Every month more than 133, 333 babies are aborted, more than 4 1,000 are Black Americans. It is no accident that 78% of abortuaries are located in or near predominately minority neighborhoods.

http://www.abortionfacts.com/learn/history_of_blacks_and_abortion.asp

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Don't give you the percapita argument? I'm sorry, oca, you're a flaming fucktarded idiot.

Avenger you want to come up here out from behind your keyboard and say that or would you like me to come to Atlanta and kick the shit out of you you faggot loving cocksucking poor excuse for a racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back