Women protest Bush on the abortion Bill...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by insein, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040425/D82633UO0.html

Yep its all Bush. The congress has to pass it. Plus its not a BAN on abortions. ITs merely a ban on abortions in the 3rd trimester. Basically a ban on killing a 6 month old fetus.

Ive been on both sides of this issue. I dont feel that killing unborn children is productive for society. However, me and my ex-girlfriend had a scare when she was "late". We were young and we had no way to support a child. I however knew that my parents had me when i was young and they surely had no money to do it, but they did it. My dad basically gave his life away to work multiple jobs to support my mom and me. A rarity nowadays. I however would have done the same just so that we could have that kid. Needless to say we didnt. My sister is pregnant with no father in sight. She is working 2 jobs in order to make sure her child has a good start to life.

So i think these women have their priorities all fucked up. They still have their abortion rights, they just cant kill their unborn kids after 6 months. They should be thinking about taking the neccessary precautions to not be in that situation. Not relying on it as their failsafe. Then take personal responsibilty if they do become pregnant.

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,148
    You know, they should realize that abortion is a dying cause. maybe not immediately but the tide is turning in favor of the pro lifers. Here is why I think it is happening.

i think its happening because the 60s generation was so successful at providing abortions for people. those who were against abortions had them and those who were against didnt. that way those who were against abortion ended up having more children and teaching them to be pro life. while the pro abortionists didnt have as many children and now there arent as many people in favor of abortion.

Now thats not to say there arent some children from each type family jumping ship but i think most of them are gravitating toward the pro life side. We have seen the affects of abortion on society.

Its kinda funny that i see this post here now. i just got done debating some moron on yahoo over abortion. He made the stupid statement that the Bible says nothing about abortion (not that it really matters since the Bible doesnt say squat about jumping into an empty swimming pool head first either) But i figured id simply point out that the Bible does say thou shalt not murder. He was trying to tell me that its not murder.

So i point out that it fits the deffition. its the victim is innocent and the person who does it does it intentionally.

So he is like "Well then its wrong to shoot a burglar breaking into my house"

And im just like. um no because a burglar isnt innocent.

And then he is like "well then its murder if i cant hit my brakes in time and accidently hit a pedestrian" and im like um no because it wasnt intentional.

I am just amazed how dumb this guy is sometimes. ive debated him before and its like regardless of the topic he doesnt understand simple logic or understand what words mean or something. its unbelievable.

3. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Just another outstanding day in the life of democracy for Washington D.C., should have seen all the liberal dykes here yesterday.

4. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Yikes OCA!!! I feel for ya. I just can't stand this!! First of all,the term "reproductive rights" is just an absolute joke. They try to put a spin on this,as if the Bush adm. is trying to say that we can't reproduce whenever we want-just plain stupid.

When I got pregnant with my son,we were 20,and not exactly rich. We made it though. The thought of abortion was not ever an option.We made it and have been married ten years this year. We also now have a 3 year old girl. You can make it,ANyone that says you can't is full of it. There are so many social programs out these days to help people too that may not have a good man that is willing to help take care of a child.Even if mom and dad don't want to get married,there are still plenty of options. Calling this a right is what burns me the most. I don't believe in abortion at any level of pregnancy. These women try to act as if they are speaking for all women and that burns me up.

What's even worse is when they are asked about the religous aspect of it,they try to say that Jesus was for choice-that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Then,last year or the year before,had Planned Parenthood sending out Christmas cards that said "choice on earth"...on Jesus Christs BIRTHDAY!How stupid can you be? Well, I know a lot of you know my two cents on abortion,but there it is again. I will always vote pro life.

I do believe as well that that things are starting to change as far as abortion goes. With that new Laci Peterson law passed,it opens up a whole new argument.

5. TN_Independent

TN_Independent Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Abortion: I'm against it.

My wife and I have this discussion occassionally. For the life of me, I just can't understand her thinking on this issue.

Her view: Abortion is wrong. It is, however, between the female and her God and is not my (or your) business and we should have no say in the matter whatsoever.

OK, if you do not believe that a fetus is a living thing, then I can accept the fact that you feel it is OK to abort. I disagree with you, but at least I can respect your view.

For someone to say, though, that it is wrong but we have no business stopping it is totally ridiculous, in my opinion. To me, it is akin to allowing older citizens in nursing homes to be exterminated because their loved ones are no longer capable of caring for them.

6. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Blacks and hispanics have by far the most abortions in the U.S,

so please, lets keep it legal.

7. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    :blowup:

8. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Whites have astronomically by far more abortions in the United States Of America. Got this link from Stormfront.org, a white supremacist site so if they report something disparaging about whites and are unable to spin it you know these stats are ironclad.

http://www.abortionfacts.com/statistics/race.asp

9. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Please,give us all a break.Whether you like it or not,God created black people,Jews,Hispanics too. Abortion is wrong no matter who is getting one. Spare us from your assnine babble and let the adults talk now.

10. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    :clap: :clap: :clap: AMEN!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.