Oct 3, 2016
Arid Zona
DETAILS FROM:
logo-obm.gif

Obstet Med. 2016 Mar; 9(1): 4–8.
Published online 2015 Oct 28. doi: 10.1177/1753495X15612658
PMCID: PMC4790470:

"Fertility and achieving pregnancy
A transgender man or trans man is someone who identifies as a man, but whose sex assigned at birth was female. Born with female reproductive organs, transgender men may elect to have any of a number of sex reassignment surgical procedures, although the largest survey on this subject showed that most have not, even though many wish to do so.15 This leaves many transgender men with the capacity to bear children. Some whose sex assigned at birth was female may also identify as gender queer, a term that identifies someone living outside the male–female gender binary, but nevertheless which could still allow for the possibility of a pregnancy.

While many transgender men will want to begin cross-sex hormone therapy with testosterone, not all do. For those who elect to use testosterone, its use may affect fertility, fecundity, and impact fetal development.16,29,30 Unfortunately, there is little data to inform balanced conversations on the topic."

Transgender men and pregnancy
Courtney Murray, works at Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Answered Oct 16 2015 · Author has 590 answers and 845.1k answer views

If you are referring to a person born male who has transitioned into a woman, then no. Because she identifies as female but is biologically male, she would have been born with male reproductive organs.

A person born female who transitioned into a man but retained the uterus and ovaries would be able to become pregnant. There have been a few stories about transgendered men who became pregnant afterwards because they kept their female reproductive organs. For one example, see the article about Thomas Beatie................................................................... AND THAT IS BECAUSE THOMAS IS REALLY STILL A FEMALE. There is no such thing as "trans" beyond the mindset of the individual and the hormonal /plastic surgery like enhancements to make them feel a certain way. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GENDER IDENTITY IN SCIENCE.

Real biologically born Women who are really "born this way" are the most oppressed humans on the planet. It is strange that modern women are willing to let their pride in being mothers be mocked by an unhealthy notion that "men are giving birth to babies." These people are female, not male giving birth and society is willing to have the health of the baby be undermined by females taking excessive hormones for their own vanity and need to be called a "man".

Last edited:
That doesn't excuse all the horrendous things done to women, done in the name of women, said about women, etc because you personally do not feel that way. the status of women all around the world is too low.

Last edited:
Ok. But, if you don't lie down with the dogs then you don't wake up with the fleas.

Anyhoo, I'm going to cook dinner--which is whatever the hell I feel like cooking and then watch whatever the hell I want to on tv.

Have fun storming the castle.

from People.com:
Jennifer Lawrence Slams 'Predator' Harvey Weinstein for Naming Her in His Defense
Ale Russian
February 22, 2018 11:49 AM

Jennifer Lawrence is standing by Harvey Weinstein‘s alleged victims and slamming the disgraced movie mogul for using her name as a defense in his ongoing legal battles.

“Harvey Weinstein and his company are continuing to do what they have always done which is to take things out of context and use them for their own benefit,” Lawrence said in a statement. “This is what predators do, and it must stop.”

She continued, “For the record, while I was not victimized personally by Harvey Weinstein, I stand behind the women who have survived his terrible abuse and I applaud them in using all means necessary to bring him to justice whether through criminal or civil actions. Time’s up.”

Gay Men and Misogyny: Rose McGowan’s Half-Right
By Tim Murphy Share
  • THE CUT November 9, 2014 11/09/2014 11:16 am
Photo: Mario Anzuoni/Corbis
About two holiday seasons ago, I went to the show of a middle-aged drag queen who is beloved in New York City, iconic. This queen has one of the quickest wits I’ve ever encountered and often speaks up for queer causes, against gentrification — all sorts of progressive points I care about. But what I remember most about that show is that every other crude crack revolved around the vagina, pregnancy, or other intimacies of female biology. I sat there cringing, acutely aware of the undertow of misogyny beneath the camp.

I thought about that drag show yesterday, when I read that the actress Rose McGowan had said, in a podcast interview with the gay writer Bret Easton Ellis, that “gay men are as misogynistic as straight men, if not more so.”

Last edited:
Moms group boycotts 'Roseanne' reboot over gender-fluid child
By Sonja Haller September 22, 2017 Follow @sonjahaller

The people who made “Roseanne” one of America’s most-watched shows during the late ’80s were thrilled with news of its return to TV.
But that’s changed now that details have leaked about the casting. Specifically, that daughter Darlene’s son would be a “gender-creative” character.
Meet gender-creative Mark
Fox News obtained casting call notes and reported the character description of 9-year-old Mark:
“Effeminate, sensitive and display(ing) qualities of both male and female young child traits.”
One Million Moms, a group dedicated to campaigns against immorality, vulgarity and profanity in entertainment and media, called the casting choice “child exploitation at its worst.”

“No child should be introduced to the experience of mental disorders,” read a petition on the mom site. The group’s “I will not watch” petition, which has garnered 8,100 signatures since its launch Sept. 14, is headlined, “‘Roseanne’ reboot promotes transgender agenda.”

Last edited:
Seized Isis documents outline rules for enslaving and raping captured women
The documents were obtained in a Syria raid in which Isis’ top financial official Abu Sayyaf was killed
Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith
Monday 28 December 2015 16:53 GMT

Isis documents seized by US Special Operations Forces have laid bare the brutal reality of the militant organisation’s treatment of its female prisoners, outlining its rules on rape and enslavement.
The documents, seen by Reuters, were obtained in a Syria raid in May, during which time Isis’ top financial official Abu Sayyaf was killed.

Read more
Rape of Yazidi women by Isis militants may be crime against humanity,

A huge range of data sources were seized which have helped US authorities to illustrate how Isis organises itself, from the management of the terrorists’ revenue streams to its handling of stolen oil, antiquities, subjugated people and rules on raping female prisoners.

One booklet seen by Reuters is entitled ‘From our creator’s rulings on capturing prisoners and enslavement,’ and sets clear rules for how to enslave women who have been imprisoned after their “infidels” have been defeated.

The booklet attempts to base the rules for enslavement in Islamic law and uses quotes from the Prophet Mohamed to claim that Isis fighters should show both kindness and cruelty to prisoners.

Jenni Murray: Transgender women are not 'real women'

5 March 2017 • 12:11pm

Dame Jenni Murray has said that men who undergo sex change operations cannot be "real women", arguing many model themselves on a male view of what a woman should be.
The BBC Radio 4 presenter said that men who had grown up with all the privileges that entails did not have the shared experience of growing up female.
Murray's controversial remarks have provoked criticism from transgender activists on social media, describing her comments as "divisive".

— Karen Cuthbert (@karencuthbert) March 5, 2017

The Woman's Hour presenter revealed that the first time she felt anger "when a man claimed to have become a woman" was in 2000, when the Rev Peter Stone underwent transition surgery and became Carol.

Dame Jenni Murray
Broadcaster, writer and Patron of Humanists UK
Jenni Murray has one of the best loved voices on BBC radio, where she has been the regular presenter of Woman’s Hour since 1987. In 1998 she was nominated Radio Broadcaster of the Year, and in 2007 she became a member of the Radio Academy Hall of Fame and she was recently given a lifetime achievement award by the Media Society.

Jenni Murray was awarded an OBE in 1999 for services to broadcasting, and made a Dame Commander of the British Empire in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list in 2011.

Last edited:
I had to try and explain transgender to our seven year old daughter recently. She looked at me like I had worms coming out my ears.

She knows it's abnormal behaviour and thinking

Moms group boycotts 'Roseanne' reboot over gender-fluid child
By Sonja Haller September 22, 2017 Follow @sonjahaller

The people who made “Roseanne” one of America’s most-watched shows during the late ’80s were thrilled with news of its return to TV.
But that’s changed now that details have leaked about the casting. Specifically, that daughter Darlene’s son would be a “gender-creative” character.
Meet gender-creative Mark
Fox News obtained casting call notes and reported the character description of 9-year-old Mark:
“Effeminate, sensitive and display(ing) qualities of both male and female young child traits.”
One Million Moms, a group dedicated to campaigns against immorality, vulgarity and profanity in entertainment and media, called the casting choice “child exploitation at its worst.”

“No child should be introduced to the experience of mental disorders,” read a petition on the mom site. The group’s “I will not watch” petition, which has garnered 8,100 signatures since its launch Sept. 14, is headlined, “‘Roseanne’ reboot promotes transgender agenda.”
Wow, if their goal is to try to attract new viewers like myself for example, they are not even in the parking lot that is next to the ball field.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Ok. That was a great dinner that I made.The son that I gave birth to enjoyed it as well. I drove to the city in my car with my driver's license and my insurance that I pay for to the Super Mercado for a specifically seasoned pork steak and plantains. I used my Google phone that I bought for directions. I bought the food with the money that I earned from my job that I got based on my abilities and the education from the universities I attended. I live in the US and I can do that.

Now, I don't know about your circumstances but I would wager you can as well. All of the articles posted do not indicate oppression of the OP or any of the other females posting here. We have a large homeless population, lack of affordable housing, inability to get medical treatment, inability to get even adequate mental health services for the populations that need them. So, a transgender that wants to call themselves one gender or the other is not even close to oppressive. Doesn't impact anyone here at all. In the grand scheme of things with all of the other issues.......it's a bit whiny.

Last edited:
Putnam Review

Ellen Allen: Are more women experiencing homelessness? (Gazette)

I notice more women and couples sleeping outside when I come to work in the morning. I see more women in our day shelter than I saw a year ago. In 2016, 1,716 women visited Covenant House; not all were homeless. In 2017, 1,866 unique women visited Covenant House, 150 more than 2016.
I think a 9 percent increase in women presenting at a day shelter for the homeless is eyebrow raising.
We can typically find and secure a bed for homeless men. It is becoming increasingly difficult to find emergency shelter for homeless women. A social worker at a local hospital recently told me they could rarely find a bed for homeless women being discharged from the hospital, especially during the weekend.
The most recent statewide homeless count documented 1,387 homeless persons; 416, or 30 percent, of these are women. The most recent point-in-time count documented 319 homeless persons in and around the city of Charleston; 65, or 20 percent, of these are women.
Beginning in May 2017, Covenant House has hosted a team of advocates from the YWCA, Roark-Sullivan, RCCR and Prestera. This team meets weekly to review a prioritization list of individuals who are homeless and working with advocates to find long term and stable housing.
As of this writing, housing advocates are working with 456 individuals; 123 of these are women, or 27 percent. It begs the question, are women experiencing increased rates of homelessness?
Why is this important, and why should we care? The increase among women experiencing homelessness is a further sign of distress in our communities. It has long been established that the general health of women is a reflection on the health of a family.
Women and girls comprise more than 70 percent of the world’s 1.4 billion poor people. When they can play active roles in society, women and girls improve the education, health and earning power of their families and communities...

Forum List

Back