Women Liberated

That really not a problem in my life but grudgingly I can see your point...

So in general terms, you feel men want power over women financially and can't be trusted.

don't put words in my mouth. i've never availed myself of a divorce.

I spent 15 years helping people of both sexes get divorced, at least as a significant part of my practice. people stay in bad marriages because of a lack of financial ability to leave. (and that goes for men AND women).

people stay in abusive relationships because they rely on the abuser to put a roof over their heads and someone who's been out of the work force for a long time is going to have a problem finding a way to sustain herself.

and if you think this protects only women, you're wrong. a guy can't afford to run two households on a normal income, so is just as likely to stay in a sucky situation.

ultimately, it's about choice. if a woman can afford to stay home and chooses to, that's certainly fine. if not, that's also fine.

archaic rules which tether women to their kitchens in some kind of pretend one-size-fits-all donna reed fantasy life aren't good for women OR men.

I actually liked this post...and agree... Wow .. and no insults .. double Wow

then maybe you'll understand why, doing what i do for a living, i would find the idea that women shouldn't work a little... offensive.

children ask their parents for an allowance. children don't earn their own money. in this society, earning money is one measure of our power.

wanting to force women not to work outside the home (and notice i didn't say people shouldn't have the option not to work IF they want to work at home) is a way to disempower women. It, thankfully, went out with the fifties.

Yah. Convince yourself. I see the mob comin. You always carry an entourage. You started by calling him an idiot. You carry yourself like you have such a high standard but your insults, though less colorful, are no better than a post by ABikerSailor.

It's Friday. You bitches need to order a Cosmo and let your hair down. Chill and relax. Or, Chillax if you are into the parlance of our times.

I'm cooking for mi mujer tonight. Baked salmon with mixed veggies and a nice, crisp white wine. Now calm down. You won this battle.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are you saying stuff about jillians family?

I think he did.

Some people around here must own crystal balls, because they sure know a lot of about other's home life.

I apologized for that and I removed it.. Echo didn't and I have no control over that. Again it was wrong and I am sorry, pissy mood at the time..

i forgive you.

you might want to call off your attack dog any time now, though. he's kind of yappy.

It's Friday. You bitches need to order a Cosmo and let your hair down. Chill and relax. Or, Chillax if you are into the parlance of our times.

I'm cooking for mi mujer tonight. Baked salmon with mixed veggies and a nice, crisp white wine. Now calm down. You won this battle.

Where is the lasagna you promised?:razz:

And I hope you like curvy women, it sounds like your girlfriend is fed well by you. ;)

And I hope you like curvy women, it sounds like your girlfriend is fed well by you. ;)

actually, she teaches yoga and is in the military so she's a rather fine specimen of the female physique. Not that i'll have a problem with curviness were she ever to let herself go; I've always been a butt > boobs sorta guy and like a lil junk in the ole trunk.

oh, and I was single when i promised the lasagna.. I'm afraid imma have to call that off now that i'm happily taken. :)

Last edited:
don't put words in my mouth. i've never availed myself of a divorce.

I spent 15 years helping people of both sexes get divorced, at least as a significant part of my practice. people stay in bad marriages because of a lack of financial ability to leave. (and that goes for men AND women).

people stay in abusive relationships because they rely on the abuser to put a roof over their heads and someone who's been out of the work force for a long time is going to have a problem finding a way to sustain herself.

and if you think this protects only women, you're wrong. a guy can't afford to run two households on a normal income, so is just as likely to stay in a sucky situation.

ultimately, it's about choice. if a woman can afford to stay home and chooses to, that's certainly fine. if not, that's also fine.

archaic rules which tether women to their kitchens in some kind of pretend one-size-fits-all donna reed fantasy life aren't good for women OR men.

I actually liked this post...and agree... Wow .. and no insults .. double Wow

then maybe you'll understand why, doing what i do for a living, i would find the idea that women shouldn't work a little... offensive.

children ask their parents for an allowance. children don't earn their own money. in this society, earning money is one measure of our power.

wanting to force women not to work outside the home (and notice i didn't say people shouldn't have the option not to work IF they want to work at home) is a way to disempower women. It, thankfully, went out with the fifties.

Granted my original post was badly written, not much detail but if you follow through the thread I did try to explain my view. Basically I feel women got the short end of the stick, many are forced to work and take on home responsibilities. Many would like to be home full time, feel guilty if they aren't but the economy is such that, that is a difficult task.

I don't have a problem with women working at all, if they want to.

actually, she teaches yoga and is in the military so she's a rather fine specimen of the female physique. Not that i'll have a problem with curviness were she ever to let herself go; I've always been a butt > boobs sorta guy and like a lil junk in the ole trunk.

oh, and I was single when i promised the lasagna.. I'm afraid imma have to call that off now that i'm happily taken. :)

Totally understand. ;)

And I am happy for ya. I love yoga, makes you feel so good.

Gee , things really worked out well for the ladies.

Now... Not only do they have the responsibility of raising children, cooking, cleaning, servicing their mate and so much more... but... they get to work full time, just to make ends meet..

Bravo Ladies...:clap2:

amazingly, we also get to dump losers because we don't rely on you for our financial support.

yay us!

idiot....

When couldn't a woman choose self-sufficiency over housewifing? Surely there were ladies who worked, earned college degrees and paid their own way before the liberation movement.

Not everyone has the same opportunities, the women's movement empowered women politically so that could be improved, among other things.

I take Lumpton's OP to be more of a critique on unintended consequences. The sexual liberation talk of love the one you're with turned out to be more for the guys.

So did I, and some of the unintended consequences are the fact that women often do double duty. This is changing as boys are raised to do their fair share inside and outside of the home, but very slowly.

Last edited:
This is all women need to know:

English: fix me a sandwich
Spanish: fijar un sándwich me
French: fixe-moi un sandwich
Chinese: 整我一个三明治
Italian: fissare me un panino
Portuguese: fixar-me um sanduíche
Arabic: الإصلاح لي ساندويتش
Hebrew: לתקן לי סנדוויץ '
Swedish: fixa mig en smörgås
Czech: fix mi sendvič
Japanese: 私にサンドイッチを修正

I think he did.

Some people around here must own crystal balls, because they sure know a lot of about other's home life.

I apologized for that and I removed it.. Echo didn't and I have no control over that. Again it was wrong and I am sorry, pissy mood at the time..

i forgive you.

you might want to call off your attack dog any time now, though. he's kind of yappy.

Sadly.. I'm a slow typist and can't handle the 2 maybe 3 pronged attack, I can only appreciate the help. By the way, where is Ravi?

i forgive you.

Sadly.. I'm a slow typist and can't handle the 2 maybe 3 pronged attack, I can only appreciate the help. By the way, where is Ravi?

raping a mcdonalds like Jaws does to ocean swimmers.

i forgive you.

raping a mcdonalds like Jaws does to ocean swimmers.

Finally... whew .. I can rest and have a laugh ...:lol: or 2...:lol:.. thanks Shogun I needed that..

1002_thaaannks.jpg

amazingly, we also get to dump losers because we don't rely on you for our financial support.

yay us!

idiot....

When couldn't a woman choose self-sufficiency over housewifing? Surely there were ladies who worked, earned college degrees and paid their own way before the liberation movement.

Not everyone has the same opportunities, the women's movement empowered women politically so that could be improved, among other things.

I take Lumpton's OP to be more of a critique on unintended consequences. The sexual liberation talk of love the one you're with turned out to be more for the guys.

So did I, and some of the unintended consequences are the fact that women often do double duty. This is changing as boys are raised to do their fair share inside and outside of the home, but very slowly.

Damn .. I wish I'd put in that way from the start..:lol:

☭proletarian☭;2187322 said:
The ladies pay even MORE if they are getting it dyed........

All the women I've known dyed their own hair. There are women who don't dye their own hair? I mean, if they're paralyzed, then sure, but to pay $100 just to have someone dye your hair? :eusa_eh:

If you just want one all-over dye job or root touch-up, then you can do it yourself. If you want highlights or lowlights or some other sort of special job, you have to have someone else do it, and it should be a professional if you don't want your hair destroyed. I dunno about $100, though.

Gee , things really worked out well for the ladies.

Now... Not only do they have the responsibility of raising children, cooking, cleaning, servicing their mate and so much more... but... they get to work full time, just to make ends meet..

Bravo Ladies...:clap2:

yay us!

idiot....

You have to plan your life around marrying a loser and having to "dump" him? How very sad for you. I just saved time and effort and married a good man. Guess that's old-fashioned.

Forum List

Back