Women Liberated

Last edited:
Gee , things really worked out well for the ladies.

Now... Not only do they have the responsibility of raising children, cooking, cleaning, servicing their mate and so much more... but... they get to work full time, just to make ends meet..

Bravo Ladies...:clap2:

( In retrospect this post was worded, badly, what follows for me is deserved, oh well)...:whip:

we also get to dump your sorry butts if need be because we don't rely on you for our financial support.

:woohoo:

I can see where that might make you feel threatened.

That really not a problem in my life but grudgingly I can see your point...

So in general terms, you feel men want power over women financially and can't be trusted.

ironmyshirt-205-20080111-22.jpg

So in general terms, you feel men want power over women financially and can't be trusted.

don't put words in my mouth. i've never availed myself of a divorce.

I spent 15 years helping people of both sexes get divorced, at least as a significant part of my practice. people stay in bad marriages because of a lack of financial ability to leave. (and that goes for men AND women).

people stay in abusive relationships because they rely on the abuser to put a roof over their heads and someone who's been out of the work force for a long time is going to have a problem finding a way to sustain herself.

and if you think this protects only women, you're wrong. a guy can't afford to run two households on a normal income, so is just as likely to stay in a sucky situation.

ultimately, it's about choice. if a woman can afford to stay home and chooses to, that's certainly fine. if not, that's also fine.

archaic rules which tether women to their kitchens in some kind of pretend one-size-fits-all donna reed fantasy life aren't good for women OR men.

amazingly, we also get to dump losers because we don't rely on you for our financial support.

yay us!

idiot....

You just love the name calling don't you.... lacks class..

And signs of a loveless and lousy family life ... rather pathetic..

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are you saying stuff about jillians family?

I think he did.

Some people around here must own crystal balls, because they sure know a lot of about other's home life.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are you saying stuff about jillians family?

I think he did.

Some people around here must own crystal balls, because they sure know a lot of about other's home life.

he's just put out because i know his 'nice guy' thing is just an act.

i think it's pretty cool that his post proved it though (as if his other posts haven't. but there ya go).

but isn't insulting my family a bannable offense?

Gee , things really worked out well for the ladies.

Now... Not only do they have the responsibility of raising children, cooking, cleaning, servicing their mate and so much more... but... they get to work full time, just to make ends meet..

Bravo Ladies...:clap2:

( In retrospect this post was worded, badly, what follows for me is deserved, oh well)...:whip:

I made that point to a women's rights activist (and don't get me wrong, because I do support, equality is better than dependence, and offers greater opportunity) when I was about 19. The man I was dating scolded me for denigrating her interests (I ended my complaint with "so thank yew, Gloria Steinem") and insisted I apologize for offering my opinion.

Oddly enough, he didn't see the irony. :eusa_eh:

Dodged a bullet there...:eusa_whistle:

Didn't I see him admit he was wrong about the family thing? What's with all the bullying? A guy admits wrong doing and you still hammer him. Fuckin bullying.

don't put words in my mouth. i've never availed myself of a divorce.

I spent 15 years helping people of both sexes get divorced, at least as a significant part of my practice. people stay in bad marriages because of a lack of financial ability to leave. (and that goes for men AND women).

people stay in abusive relationships because they rely on the abuser to put a roof over their heads and someone who's been out of the work force for a long time is going to have a problem finding a way to sustain herself.

and if you think this protects only women, you're wrong. a guy can't afford to run two households on a normal income, so is just as likely to stay in a sucky situation.

ultimately, it's about choice. if a woman can afford to stay home and chooses to, that's certainly fine. if not, that's also fine.

archaic rules which tether women to their kitchens in some kind of pretend one-size-fits-all donna reed fantasy life aren't good for women OR men.

I actually liked this post...and agree... Wow .. and no insults .. double Wow

Didn't I see him admit he was wrong about the family thing? What's with all the bullying? A guy admits wrong doing and you still hammer him. Fuckin bullying.

maybe he shouldn't insult people if his skin is that thin.

or maybe you might assume we've interacted before. cause if that's "bullying" him, honey, then you might want to reassess what bullying is.

I think he did.

I apologized for that and I removed it.. Echo didn't and I have no control over that. Again it was wrong and I am sorry, pissy mood at the time..

Forum List

Back