Women leaving Repub voting ranks in droves

It's not JUST contraceptives and abortions:

Stop the War on Women

Top 10 Shocking Attacks from the GOP's War on Women

1) Republicans not only want to reduce women's access to abortion care, they're actually trying to redefine rape. After a major backlash, they promised to stop. But they haven't yet. Shocker.

2) A state legislator in Georgia wants to change the legal term for victims of rape, stalking, and domestic violence to "accuser." But victims of other less gendered crimes, like burglary, would remain "victims."

3) In South Dakota, Republicans proposed a bill that could make it legal to murder a doctor who provides abortion care. (Yep, for real.)

4) Republicans want to cut nearly a billion dollars of food and other aid to low-income pregnant women, mothers, babies, and kids.

5) In Congress, Republicans have a bill that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.

6) Maryland Republicans ended all county money for a low-income kids' preschool program. Why? No need, they said. Women should really be home with the kids, not out working.

7) And at the federal level, Republicans want to cut that same program, Head Start, by $1 billion. That means over 200,000 kids could lose their spots in preschool.

8) Two-thirds of the elderly poor are women, and Republicans are taking aim at them too. A spending bill would cut funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens.

9) Congress just voted for a Republican amendment to cut all federal funding from Planned Parenthood health centers, one of the most trusted providers of basic health care and family planning in our country.

10) And if that wasn't enough, Republicans are pushing to eliminate all funds for the only federal family planning program. (For humans. But Republican Dan Burton has a bill to provide contraception for wild horses. You can't make this stuff up).
There is no war on women - fearmongering propaganda for idiots.

There IS a war on the Constitution.

I agree that there is no "war" on women. I do, however, feel that the GOP platform and the views of Santorum are not friendly to the 21st century woman. I read where 99% of Catholic women used some form of contraception. If you were to see my orders for contraceptive pills, devices, condoms, creams, foams, and even hormonal rings that end up in the heavily Hispanic (and thusly usually heavily Catholic) areas of town, you'd agree.

What I do not understand really is that science has proven that if you stop unwanted pregnancies now, you save money later on everything from education to food stamps to prison cells. These are proven facts. The way to stop unwanted pregnancies is to put contraception options out there. It's a fiscal issue that the GOP can get behind from that standpoint. Here's the thing: The voters are ALREADY there in using contraception. The candidates are the ones playing the sanctimonious asshole in this episode.

Which is why Obama wins.
I don't consider Obama's breaking the First Amendment a win under many circumstances, this one included.

In my book, without the First, all other freedoms we have fail.

What astounds me is how stupid the GOP candidate must be to open up this social policy can of worms when they have the economy to hammer Obama with.

But I guess misogynists like Rush and creepy Ricky just cannot help but be what they are.

If it turns out to be a close race and Obama wins?

It'll be thanks to the likes of Rush and Creepy Ricky that the Dems still control the oval office.

Last edited:
What astounds me is how stupid the GOP candidate must be to open up this social policy can of worms when they have the economy to hammer Obama with.

But I guess misogynists like Rush and creepy Ricky just cannot help but be what they are.

If it turns out to be a close race and Obama wins?

It'll be thanks to the likes of Rush and Creepy Ricky that the Dems still control the oval office.
Um, it's not a social policy; it's a Constitutional issue and Obama opened that one.

LOL, what a joke..

women know they can get contraceptives and even their precious abortions..

this article is a joke.. but it's evident the Washington compost thinks women are STUPID
Actually, it's your MessiahRushie who says women are stupid, at least women who don't have a man to keep them in line.

Do YOU have a man to keep YOU in line?????

July 22, 2008
RUSH: So women who get divorced get dumber 'cause there's no smart guy around to keep 'em in line politically. Married women are obviously smarter. Married women are obviously more conservative. Single, divorced, widowed, separated women, no man around, the brain goes south.

link to transcript you copied that quote from please???

Thanks (oxy)Rush :2up: :banana:

Recent debate over contraception comes as GOP loses gains among women - The Washington Post
The fragile gains Republicans had been making among female voters have been erased, a shift that has coincided with what has become a national shouting match over reproductive issues, potentially handing President Obama and the Democrats an enormous advantage this fall.

It's beautifully ironic how Rush's iron fist of power over GOP politicians, that those politicians for years dutifully submitted to, thinking it was in their best interests,

has now become a death grip.

Imagine if one of the GOP candidates last week, at the outset of this, had had the courage to step up and body slam Fatso with a clear and unequivocal rebuke and denouncement,

imagine how much better their position would be now.

Recent debate over contraception comes as GOP loses gains among women - The Washington Post
The fragile gains Republicans had been making among female voters have been erased, a shift that has coincided with what has become a national shouting match over reproductive issues, potentially handing President Obama and the Democrats an enormous advantage this fall.

It's beautifully ironic how Rush's iron fist of power over GOP politicians, that those politicians for years dutifully submitted to, thinking it was in their best interests,

Imagine if one of the GOP candidates last week, at the outset of this, had had the courage to step up and body slam Fatso with a clear and unequivocal rebuke and denouncement,

yeah, because then they could of becomes as petty as the Obama and your party.

My guess is that, in their wildest dreams, the Dems never imagined that plopping Fluke on that chair in front of that committee would have produced this kind of gold. Imagine the look on ol' Pelosi's face when she hears about Santorum and Rush babbling on.

And even better, they had to spend ZERO campaign funds for this gift. Holy crap.

It's not JUST contraceptives and abortions:

Stop the War on Women

Top 10 Shocking Attacks from the GOP's War on Women

1) Republicans not only want to reduce women's access to abortion care, they're actually trying to redefine rape. After a major backlash, they promised to stop. But they haven't yet. Shocker.

2) A state legislator in Georgia wants to change the legal term for victims of rape, stalking, and domestic violence to "accuser." But victims of other less gendered crimes, like burglary, would remain "victims."

3) In South Dakota, Republicans proposed a bill that could make it legal to murder a doctor who provides abortion care. (Yep, for real.)

4) Republicans want to cut nearly a billion dollars of food and other aid to low-income pregnant women, mothers, babies, and kids.

5) In Congress, Republicans have a bill that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.

6) Maryland Republicans ended all county money for a low-income kids' preschool program. Why? No need, they said. Women should really be home with the kids, not out working.

7) And at the federal level, Republicans want to cut that same program, Head Start, by $1 billion. That means over 200,000 kids could lose their spots in preschool.

8) Two-thirds of the elderly poor are women, and Republicans are taking aim at them too. A spending bill would cut funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens.

9) Congress just voted for a Republican amendment to cut all federal funding from Planned Parenthood health centers, one of the most trusted providers of basic health care and family planning in our country.

10) And if that wasn't enough, Republicans are pushing to eliminate all funds for the only federal family planning program. (For humans. But Republican Dan Burton has a bill to provide contraception for wild horses. You can't make this stuff up).

I agree that there is no "war" on women. I do, however, feel that the GOP platform and the views of Santorum are not friendly to the 21st century woman. I read where 99% of Catholic women used some form of contraception. If you were to see my orders for contraceptive pills, devices, condoms, creams, foams, and even hormonal rings that end up in the heavily Hispanic (and thusly usually heavily Catholic) areas of town, you'd agree.

What I do not understand really is that science has proven that if you stop unwanted pregnancies now, you save money later on everything from education to food stamps to prison cells. These are proven facts. The way to stop unwanted pregnancies is to put contraception options out there. It's a fiscal issue that the GOP can get behind from that standpoint. Here's the thing: The voters are ALREADY there in using contraception. The candidates are the ones playing the sanctimonious asshole in this episode.

Which is why Obama wins.

This election is NOT about contraception...

Which is why 0bama loses....

My guess is that, in their wildest dreams, the Dems never imagined that plopping Fluke on that chair in front of that committee would have produced this kind of gold. Imagine the look on ol' Pelosi's face when she hears about Santorum and Rush babbling on.

And even better, they had to spend ZERO campaign funds for this gift. Holy crap.

Remember this?

issapanel021612.jpg

Remember how the Dems walked out because every single witness that testified were on the same side of the issue? (nice and fair, eh?) And it was all men? -- And don't give me the crap it *wasn't* about contraception. The damn thing was titled falsely and with a severely loaded question.

Now, anyone who has heard me talk about Nancy Pelosi, knows I can't stand that shrill woman. But, man, I gotta say, she took Darrell Issa's little dog and pompous sausagefest , and Totally, ! Incredibly, ! Magnificently, ! blew away every bit of his thunder - all because she :

1) exposed it for the ruse it was, in its entire presentation -

and

2) was able to get people talking about the counter-debate

though she couldn't foresee it, she was probably counting on someone in the retro-grade right wing to stir it up. Don't think she could have imagined in her wildest dreams it would have been taken to these levels, but, it happened.

Now, I feel terrible it happened at a price to this woman. Sadly, she bore the brunt of it - but she's strong and will come out stronger after this - and who remembers who those dudes were at the hearing, who here even knows what they said?

No one.

But we know what Fluke said - and we will remember! This is going to cost the GOP bigtime.

I still despise Pelosi, but man, that was brilliant! :lol:

If women are "leaving in droves' to go to a party that wants them to abort their babies and live lives of govt dependency, then women really are stupid. But, i am a Repo and funny cuz i haven't run into any droves of Repo women who are supposedly abandoning the party. But, it makes for nice media spin.

Only, it's not over reproductive issues, so those women probably would be better off among their own.

Right................ Oh well, women were 53% of the vote in 2008, with 56% voting for President Obama. Both numbers could grow in 2012. Nothing at all for the Repubs to worry about.:badgrin:

Which is why Obama wins.

This election is NOT about contraception...

Which is why 0bama loses....

November, dude, November.

When even the chair of the RNC apologizes to Ol' Limp for accurate remarks, you know that the rest of the goosesteppers are not going to cross him.

Well, i hate to inform the libs, but not all women can be lumped together in some neat and tidy little box. Not all women are proabortion. But, i guess it fits their story line to think that.

Forum List

Back