women kick ass!

You cannot "train" courage..man or woman. Men are expected to react bravely..women are still modeled to be complient to a large degree. I think she should be presented a presidential medal for bravery.

I'm not disagreeing that it was courageous. But if women want to be treated as "equals", then they should be treated as equals. If a man wouldn't have gotten recognition for it, a woman shouldn't either.

Women in combat - should they get medals doing the same thing that the men do and don't get medals for? What they were trained to do? What they are expected to do as part of their job?

Women go through worse than a bullet wound and get no recognition whatsoever. And I'm not saying this wasn't a tough thing for her. But it's just one more double standard, IMO.
Anyone...male or female...deserves all the kudos imaginable for doing what this police officer did.

How sad that some on this thread can't see that.

You cannot "train" courage..man or woman. Men are expected to react bravely..women are still modeled to be complient to a large degree. I think she should be presented a presidential medal for bravery.

I'm not disagreeing that it was courageous. But if women want to be treated as "equals", then they should be treated as equals. If a man wouldn't have gotten recognition for it, a woman shouldn't either.

Women in combat - should they get medals doing the same thing that the men do and don't get medals for? What they were trained to do? What they are expected to do as part of their job?

Women go through worse than a bullet wound and get no recognition whatsoever. And I'm not saying this wasn't a tough thing for her. But it's just one more double standard, IMO.
Anyone...male or female...deserves all the kudos imaginable for doing what this police officer did.

:clap2:

:eusa_eh: Sorry .. not buying it unless Gunny (or another vet) confirms it. As I said, "if I'm right" ... but unless you've served I won't trust you on that so long as I can get it from the horses mouth. ;)

... now where did I .... aw damn you Mister Ed.

When I went through AirBorne school the women in my platoon didn't have to do any chinups. We all had to do several chinups during ground week. Not the girls.

When I went through the Special Forces "Q" Course they had a token woman go through the course. They pencilwhipped the rucks and the land nav. She couldn't handle the weight. She couldn't do most of the course because it was too tough for just about any woman.

Find me a woman that can make it through Special Forces Qualification and I'll propose to her on the spot.

No fair ... I could ... if not for medical problems. But I wouldn't accept the proposal anyway. ;)

Doesn't mean I wouldn't still respect that woman greatly.

I just don't see a woman making it unless they cut out huge portions of the course to cater to women. Even more so then they do in Airborne school.

I went to high school with this bosnian chic who probably could but you wouldn't probably want to marry her. I think she was part man, she something like 6'5'' and thick, not fat just very sturdy. She could also dunk and did so on our assistant bball coach who played college ball.

Sounds like my kind of woman.

I like Amazons.
you would of liked this other girl I seemed to play every year in Hoopfest, she was blonde and very amazon like and she blocked like a linebacker. I am not tiny girl and she knocked me on my ass a few times.:lol:

She sounds yummy. Somebody I can see eye to eye with. Not many women are as tall as I am......which is why I'm attracted to tall women.

:clap2: My thoughts exactly.

We're all trained the same. This soldier just happened to be the on duty.

If I am correct, you all have the same tests to pass to, regardless of what's between the legs.

Not exactly. There are variants to standards that take into account the physical difference between male and female. That's at the basic level. For instance, a male Marine age 27 and under has 28 minutes to run three miles. Females in the same age group have 30-something (don't recall the exact amount of time).

Intellectually, male and females are treated equal. In the Corps, females cannot hold an MOS (job) that will put them in direct combat (infantry, artillery, tanks ...). They can hold combat support MOSs such as MP.

This soldier did what she was trained to do -- her job.

Fort Hood police Sgt. Kimberly Munley and her partner Mark Todd responded within four minutes of the report of gunfire, said Col. John Rossi, a deputy commander at the post. They arrived just as Hasan was fleeing the building. Hasan fired one of his two guns, hitting Munley in the thigh, said an officer who witnessed the shooting. Then Hasan began to fumble with his gun.

"He's reloading," someone screamed, one witness recalled.

Both Todd and Munley opened fire, downing Hasan, Rossi said. An officer on the scene stripped off his belt and used it as a tourniquet to stem the bleeding from Munley's thigh.

Lt. Gen. Robert Cone told reporters Munley shot the gunman four times. She was in stable condition on Friday. "It was an amazing and an aggressive performance," Cone said.
washingtonpost.com

'Kay. I'm gonna play devil's advocate and ask if you would have posted it if it had been a man. Because she did her job. Yup. That's what she's trained to do. Why should it be different or better just because of her gender? :cool:
I probably would have still posted it!

Only if he was gay.:eusa_eh:

Fort Hood police Sgt. Kimberly Munley and her partner Mark Todd responded within four minutes of the report of gunfire, said Col. John Rossi, a deputy commander at the post. They arrived just as Hasan was fleeing the building. Hasan fired one of his two guns, hitting Munley in the thigh, said an officer who witnessed the shooting. Then Hasan began to fumble with his gun.

"He's reloading," someone screamed, one witness recalled.

Both Todd and Munley opened fire, downing Hasan, Rossi said. An officer on the scene stripped off his belt and used it as a tourniquet to stem the bleeding from Munley's thigh.

Lt. Gen. Robert Cone told reporters Munley shot the gunman four times. She was in stable condition on Friday. "It was an amazing and an aggressive performance," Cone said.
washingtonpost.com

A soldier did her job. Happened to be a female soldier. Yippeee!:eusa_eh:
and saved lives and should be recognized, if she had been a man he still should be recognized for the lives they saved. People really need to stop being so anal.

Guess you should have titled your thread MPs kick ass then. :cool:

I believe you are being overly sensitive over this. If a male officer had been shot and continued to do his job, he would be heralded as a hero. Someone went out of their way to 'compliment' a fellow soldier and you want to lecture them on their wording? Sorry, you are not being logical.

This officer is one hell of a lady. Who would not want to serve with her?

One of the braviest soldiers (I was Navy, in a Joint Task Force) I ever served with was Sgt Lewis, US Army. (Loo Loo.)

Loo Loo the lioness.

I wonder where she is now?

Problem is, mudwhistle paints an extreme, while you tend to paint another. I've know women Marines that would bodyslam mudwhistle while wearing a 120 lb pack. I have NO problem with that. If you can hump your pack and ammo for the SAW like everyone else, you can serve with me. And I've knows some spindly-ass males that weren't worth a fuck and couldn't even hump their own packs.

Other side of the coin is Frogen's comment. Just because one female can do it, doesn't mean they all can. Women who can actually compete with the men in the arena of being a grunt are the exception, not the rule.

Gunny's not-so-novel-yet-inconvenient-idea: If you can pass the school and keep up, you're in. Gender is irrelevant.

Instead, politics and politicians have to stick their noses in where they don't belong. The US military is the political correctness testing ground for those knuckleheads becuase they can force it on people who have no choice but obey. Instead of making people meet the standard, they get that stupid quota mentality going and the requirements are dumbed down to allow the sick, lame and lazy and otherwise physically unqualified keep up with their physical superiors.

and saved lives and should be recognized, if she had been a man he still should be recognized for the lives they saved. People really need to stop being so anal.

She is a civilian police officer, Gumby. :lol:

Okay, then the thread should be titled "Cops Kick Ass." MP, cop, whatever. Looks like two roses of different colors from my front porch.

She did her job. Period.

How sad we have sunk so low in our expectations as a society that some of us feel the need to give special recognition to those who do exactly what they are paid to do.

I believe you are being overly sensitive over this. If a male officer had been shot and continued to do his job, he would be heralded as a hero. Someone went out of their way to 'compliment' a fellow soldier and you want to lecture them on their wording? Sorry, you are not being logical.

Not at all.

We expect men to be courageous, brave, take the bullets, withstand the torture, etc. We don't have the same expectations of women in the exact same job. If a woman does randomly what a man is expected to do as a matter of course, she is lauded, it's a bigger deal.

And for those who missed it - I have a tremendous amount of respect for the fact that this woman DID her job to the best of her ability. But would there have been a thread that said "Men kick ass!"? That is the question.

I have family that was on the job for 30+ years, including undercover narc. It's their job. They had a desire to go into that field, they had the training and it's what they do. Seems a simple enough concept.

How sad we have sunk so low in our expectations as a society that some of us feel the need to give special recognition to those who do exactly what they are paid to do.
Are you against purple hearts, medals of valor, etc?

The thread title should be 'Government employee kicks ass' for all the 'government can't do anything right' geniuses out there.

Not at all.

We expect men to be courageous, brave, take the bullets, withstand the torture, etc. We don't have the same expectations of women in the exact same job. If a woman does randomly what a man is expected to do as a matter of course, she is lauded, it's a bigger deal.

And for those who missed it - I have a tremendous amount of respect for the fact that this woman DID her job to the best of her ability. But would there have been a thread that said "Men kick ass!"? That is the question.

I have family that was on the job for 30+ years, including undercover narc. It's their job. They had a desire to go into that field, they had the training and it's what they do. Seems a simple enough concept.

I think it should have been "Men kiss ass".

My understanding is this nut wasn't exactly good with a gun. But still you don't know that. Nobody wants to catch a bullet. The pucker-factor is tremendous in a firefight. All you can do is stay on your front sight and squeeze the trigger.

Okay, then the thread should be titled "Cops Kick Ass." MP, cop, whatever. Looks like two roses of different colors from my front porch.

She did her job. Period.

see my previous post where I stated people need to stop being so anal! I guess I could of just bitched about who didn't do this or that or how much the guy got paid. So really you and any of the rest of you who questioned why I posted this can really just kiss my ass.

Forum List

Back