women in the military?

women in combat roles?

• yes

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • no

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
I believe women do have a place in the military just not in combat roles. Imagine if the were to bring the draft back, and the updated draft included women. Would you have a problem with women that were drafted being placed into a combat mos? Remember they did not volunteer and maybe they maybe your daughters.

What they really want is women to advance to field commanders and beyond. So as long as they don't serve in the infantry, that will be an impossibility. No grunt wants to be led by a woman who has never been a grunt herself and no president will promote a woman to lead men in combat when she has never served in a combat role. In short, no combat experience equals no female field commanders and it's driving the Femin-Nazis wild with anger.
You think women don't have combat experience right now?

Seems like those with a problem with women in the military either know little about the military or little about women.

Riding down the street and taking fire as a coincidence is much different than locating, closing with, and destroying the enemy by fire and maneuver. There is a reason why the infantry gets a different combat distinguishing device than non infantry types in the Army.
Really. Explain the difference between infrantry clearing a building and Mp's doing it

Show me a female MP clearing a building in a combat zone and tell me why they're there and I will tell you the difference. Lets not deal in hypotheticals. Like all jobs in the military you are subjected to combat in one form or another. Only direct combat roles are subject to it day in and day out at the intensity that no other unit enjoys. Only direct combat roles have the task of locating, closing with, and destroying the enemy. never has an MP owned that role. They're may be MP attachments from time to time but they aren't there to be grunts. In two combat deployments I have never had a female anything attached to my infantry unit. The only time I ever saw a female MP was during the first elections where they needed women to pat down Iraqi women at the polling stations. And trust me, we secured that polling station.
so what makes the infrantryman uniquely capable of handling that day in and day out intensity? Is it a poor asvab score, inability to get a security clearance, and testicles, or is it just the testicles?

What they really want is women to advance to field commanders and beyond. So as long as they don't serve in the infantry, that will be an impossibility. No grunt wants to be led by a woman who has never been a grunt herself and no president will promote a woman to lead men in combat when she has never served in a combat role. In short, no combat experience equals no female field commanders and it's driving the Femin-Nazis wild with anger.
You think women don't have combat experience right now?

Seems like those with a problem with women in the military either know little about the military or little about women.

Riding down the street and taking fire as a coincidence is much different than locating, closing with, and destroying the enemy by fire and maneuver. There is a reason why the infantry gets a different combat distinguishing device than non infantry types in the Army.
Really. Explain the difference between infrantry clearing a building and Mp's doing it

Show me a female MP clearing a building in a combat zone and tell me why they're there and I will tell you the difference. Lets not deal in hypotheticals. Like all jobs in the military you are subjected to combat in one form or another. Only direct combat roles are subject to it day in and day out at the intensity that no other unit enjoys. Only direct combat roles have the task of locating, closing with, and destroying the enemy. never has an MP owned that role. They're may be MP attachments from time to time but they aren't there to be grunts. In two combat deployments I have never had a female anything attached to my infantry unit. The only time I ever saw a female MP was during the first elections where they needed women to pat down Iraqi women at the polling stations. And trust me, we secured that polling station.
so what makes the infrantryman uniquely capable of handling that day in and day out intensity? Is it a poor asvab score, inability to get a security clearance, and testicles, or is it just the testicles?

Knowledge of weapon systems, ability to sustain combat with the enemy over long periods of time, frequent combat experience, the toughest training the military offers to non special forces types, equipment designed for sustained combat operations, and etc etc etc .. .. .. .. Women seem to do well in many of these categories. However, they do quite poorly with the physical exhaustion of fighting day in and day out with a full combat load. Likewise, I don't know any infantryman who went into the infantry due to inability to get a security clearance. Also, and especially after receiving my MA (3.7 GPA), I can look back and tell you with all honesty that I find the grunts quite intellectual.

Ya cause you know what feminists in Congress think. Last time I checked they do in fact support the idea of lowering standards to get what they want, they did so with fireman and police.

I voted No...............

While some women are bad ass, overall they are not as physically strong as men..........It is a fact of nature...............

Finally, the Nature side of the equation............HAPPENS all the time.................leads to problems........

I don't think any female could or would want to, but if they are qualified...why not.

I'm always doing 3 things at once. :laugh2:
...should of read. Obviously all females wouldn't qualify or even want to be in combat. The ones that do qualify...should be able to.

3 out of 15? With that rate we would need to recruit 1500 women for every 300 troops we needed. Men do not fail at that rate.
Does every man make it thru? Or are you trying to hold women to a different standard yourself?
Men make it through at a MUCH higher percentage.

Of course, and as you know Gunny, SOI/ITB is a cakewalk compared to a Victor unit in the FMF. The real challenge is not necessarily making it through ITB (Where you only have a 12 mile ruck, some exposure to the field, and never run further than three miles), but making it in the fleet (Where you do 12 mile combat load runs, 20 mile rucks, 30 days in the Mojave Desert doing maneuvers, and week to month long combat operations in enemy territory in Afghanistan which is the closest thing we have to the way they had it in Vietnam and where all their gear is carried.)

I remember going thru AI in flight training....the big three, obstacle course, run and swim. Obstacle course I didn't make it until the 4th time, not because of the obstacles, but the time. Made it in the run, about the middle of the pack. The swim? :lol: Kicked the guys' asses all over the pool.

And the "disney rides"...piece of cake...I always offered to go first while some of those big tough guys hung back.

I voted No...............

While some women are bad ass, overall they are not as physically strong as men..........It is a fact of nature...............

Finally, the Nature side of the equation............HAPPENS all the time.................leads to problems........

I was stationed with a Female SSgt. She found that the guys were all wimps and ended up dating a super troop Marine who could keep up with her.

Forum List

Back