Women in the Military

Discussion in 'Military' started by Solace, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Solace

Solace BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Most people aren't aware of this, but the United States women are not allowed in combat roles in the military. They are limited to non-combat roles, such as driving vehicles, establishing bases, and engineering, just to name a few. I for one am against this, I believe that women are every-bit as capable as men. Sure, most women may be physically weaker than most men, and sure it's possible they could go on their period in the middle of a mission, or a relationship may form between two soldiers, add on to that that males are often more protective of women than they are of other men, and terrorists like to torture females more than they do males (including rape and sexual abuse), plus terrorists think of women as inferior and are less likely to surrender to a female than they would a male.

Despite these "drawbacks," I'm still completely for full rights for women serving in the US military. What are your thoughts on this?

2. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    most people where? in your living room?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  3. Granny

Granny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,270
    Del - I really do have to give you a thumbs up on this one. Females in the military has been an issue that's been chewed on for years.

Women may not have been given "combat zone assignments" but they're sure as hell just as subject as males to mortar attacks, bombing, etc. whether in the kitchen, driving supply trucks, as they are on the battle front. The roles military women play are important - like seeing the troops are fed, supplied, healed, and probably a lot more less obvious roles. Women do not need to step into a man's body to prove they are intelligent, worthy, and "up to the job." Women are all these things in their own right. This was true way before the feminist movement got on the roll. The NOW and other "feminist" organizations have certainly laid a lie on some gullible women. Rabid competition with men doesn't prove a damn thing.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  4. Solace

Solace BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Most people see women serving on TV and movies (i.e. Stargate) and think they have the same rights as men, or atleast most people I know.

Also, in other countries women can serve on the frontlines in other countries. Women in Russia could since World War I.

5. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    This isn't Russia. Is this Russia? This isn't Russia.

6. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Most people are smart enough to know that movies and tv isn't real. Apparently, this is not the case with you and the people you know... I suggest you get smarter friends.

7. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,419
    I dig chicks in uniform.

8. sangha

sangha Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Is that why so many wingnuts thought The Colbert Report was a real cable news show? :lol:

9. ConHog

ConHog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +897
    How odd that women are currently serving aboard front line Naval ships, for example, yet the OP wants to claim that women are somehow held back. Also, women have been serving in forward medical bases since WWII, at least. Just because no women are in the first wave to hit the beach doesn't mean they haven't and don't continue to serve honorably and put their lives in danger just the same as men, they do.

10. Samson

Samson Póg Mo Thóin Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,210

I agree: as soon as the Germans kick our asses from Baltimore to Kansas City, then wimmin should begin serving in combat.