Women in black at Golden Globe... dressing to attract men's attention?

That is very incorrect, as any analysis of what I've written will show. No one deserves to be raped.

Does that, however, absolve anyone of the responsibility to reduce their chances of becoming a victim? A woman who doesn't want to be raped takes steps to avoid circumstances where she is likely to become a victim, correct? She doesn't let her drink out of her sight, doesn't walk the streets alone at night, etc.

Do you think these women dressing this way increases their chances of being raped?

Now, when talking about harassment, it seems monumentally hypocritical for the glitterati to protest against harassment by dressing in such a way as to invite what they claim to protest.

Like I said, don't be stupid and invite what you don't want. When you specifically dress to accent your sexuality, don't be surprised when that's what people notice.

So, what you are saying is that a woman that dresses sexily is asking to be harassed? Is that correct?

That is very incorrect, as any analysis of what I've written will show. No one deserves to be raped.

Does that, however, absolve anyone of the responsibility to reduce their chances of becoming a victim? A woman who doesn't want to be raped takes steps to avoid circumstances where she is likely to become a victim, correct? She doesn't let her drink out of her sight, doesn't walk the streets alone at night, etc.

Do you think these women dressing this way increases their chances of being raped?

Now, when talking about harassment, it seems monumentally hypocritical for the glitterati to protest against harassment by dressing in such a way as to invite what they claim to protest.

Like I said, don't be stupid and invite what you don't want. When you specifically dress to accent your sexuality, don't be surprised when that's what people notice.

So, what you are saying is that a woman that dresses sexily is asking to be harassed? Is that correct?
Dress like a whore, get treated like a whore.

Rape is more about violence than sex. A woman's actions are more likely to make her a victim than the way she dresses.

Think instead of reacting emotionally. Also read what I actually say instead of trying to make it what you think I'm saying.

No, I do not say that women who dress to accent their sexuality are asking to get harassed. That's dumb. They are no more asking for it than a man who unwisely shows he is carrying a lot of cash to attract attention is asking to get harassed by pan handlers. Now pay attention, because here's where it starts to get challenging. When a woman dresses to accent her sexuality, she is expecting it to be noticed. That should not be difficult to grasp. Upon noticing said display, there is a segment of the male population that will react like 13 year old boys. That should also not be difficult to grasp.

The bottom line is, people flaunt their sexuality in order to attract attention, but they also apparently want to control the kind of attention they get.

I've asked before, and no one has responded. Would you advise a woman to wear a bikini to the beach in a Muslim country? If not, why not? And if it's simply stupid to do so, why is it smart to flaunt your sexuality then get upset when immature men react?

Rape is more about violence than sex. A woman's actions are more likely to make her a victim than the way she dresses.

Think instead of reacting emotionally. Also read what I actually say instead of trying to make it what you think I'm saying.

No, I do not say that women who dress to accent their sexuality are asking to get harassed. That's dumb. They are no more asking for it than a man who unwisely shows he is carrying a lot of cash to attract attention is asking to get harassed by pan handlers. Now pay attention, because here's where it starts to get challenging. When a woman dresses to accent her sexuality, she is expecting it to be noticed. That should not be difficult to grasp. Upon noticing said display, there is a segment of the male population that will react like 13 year old boys. That should also not be difficult to grasp.

The bottom line is, people flaunt their sexuality in order to attract attention, but they also apparently want to control the kind of attention they get.

I've asked before, and no one has responded. Would you advise a woman to wear a bikini to the beach in a Muslim country? If not, why not? And if it's simply stupid to do so, why is it smart to flaunt your sexuality then get upset when immature men react?
Forget the bikini, women can't even drive in muslim countries. Think of muslims as subhumans. Animals with little to no education or civilization.

So, who should adjust, the woman who is doing nothing wrong or the adult men that are little different than animals?

Yes, of course they want to do that, and they should be able to do that. That is part of being a free person.

I would say not to do that because doing so is against the law in just about all Muslim countries. Also, most of the men in Muslim countries have a very different of women than we do in this country. And since as you point out even in our country there are men that cannot seem to control themselves, it would be best not to test men that think they have the right and the privilege to rape you.

I am not really sure of the point of this question, should the women in our country act like they are in a Muslim country?

That is not correct. It is wrong to treat people with blatant disrespect. It should also not surprise anyone when they receive unwelcome attention if they dress provocatively.

That is not correct. It is wrong to treat people with blatant disrespect. It should also not surprise anyone when they receive unwelcome attention if they dress provocatively.
You are mistaken. Women are not allowed to drive in muslim countries, much less wear bikinis. After their gang rape they will be put in prison and horse whipped in the public square.

So, who should adjust, the woman who is doing nothing wrong or the adult men that are little different than animals?

Yes, of course they want to do that, and they should be able to do that. That is part of being a free person.

You can't control another person's reaction.

I would say not to do that because doing so is against the law in just about all Muslim countries. Also, most of the men in Muslim countries have a very different of women than we do in this country. And since as you point out even in our country there are men that cannot seem to control themselves, it would be best not to test men that think they have the right and the privilege to rape you.[/quote]

And in this country, men have the right to shout things at women and whistle at them. Notice what you said, "it would be best not to test". Keep that in mind as we discuss harassment.

I am not really sure of the point of this question, should the women in our country act like they are in a Muslim country?

I think you are acting like you don't understand to avoid the point. In a perfect world, all men would treat all women with respect and doors could be left unlocked. This, however, is not that world. Of course men should adjust and stop being immature idiots. That would be great. Knowing that they are not going to do that any time soon, again begs the question. Why do you act surprised that a woman flaunting her sexuality attracts crude comments from crude men?

Yes, if a woman wants to flaunt her sexuality, it's not illegal for her to do it in this country. It's also not illegal for a man to say things to her when he sees her. Should we not expect both men to be respectful and women to be smart?

Only the Trump zealots could determine that a woman wants to be harassed because she dresses sexy.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

OK. So please explain why they were dressing with their boobs and legs and elsewhere being exposed?
I am very sincere in wanting to know WHY did they dress that way?

What purpose? Attract attention? Right? Have pictures taken?

Who cares? They can dress however they want and no one is allowed to touch them without their permission. End of story.

i'm not convinced it's that much of a shield.
It probably isn't. Which is why they usually travel with male relatives by law. They have a messed up culture, and it all is influenced by the Quran and Hadiths. I don't know why we treat Islam as if it is only a religion, it also has a system of governance, but that's for another thread.

fundamentalist christianity isn't a whole lot different.
Oh yes it is. I attend a fundamentalist baptist church, we have no women in anything remotely resembling a burka. The women dress modestly, but nothing like the Muslim women in the middle east.

i wasn't talking about attire. i was talking about subordination. so you are a church attending racist?

that is amazing.
Yes, and my church is racially mixed. Surprised?

i do not care whether your church is racially mixed. me thinx they thinx you are full of a lot of nasty when you say you are superior 'eh? i find the dichotomy stunning is all when it comes to those that claim to be christians & then believe the things that they do. tell me- where was your faith when the first thing you said to me when i said i was female.... good christian men don't talk like that. or think like you do.

& <pssssst> jesus was a jew; it must be hell to reconcile all that & make it right in your head.

Last edited:
I will give Playtime that there are some offshoot, extreme fundamentalist Christians that are very strict, but to compare them to Islamists is a bit much.

how so? a woman cannot work outside the home. a woman cannot have her own finances. a woman cannot choose when or if she wants kids.... there's a lot of similarities.
Fundamentalist Christians don't horse whip women in the public square. Or stone them to death. Or give death sentences to gays. Or have official Christian nations.

For starters.

no. for starters- fundies have no problem forcing a female to give birth against her will.

anything after that really doesn't matter if islam is 'worse'.

I will give Playtime that there are some offshoot, extreme fundamentalist Christians that are very strict, but to compare them to Islamists is a bit much.

how so? a woman cannot work outside the home. a woman cannot have her own finances. a woman cannot choose when or if she wants kids.... there's a lot of similarities.
But that is not the norm for most christian denominations, it is for Islamic sects...all of them.

not all who are muslim keep women in a subordinate role. however, in strict islamist countries, women's healthcare are not their own - with making decisions on their own.

funny, there's that #1 similarity between the 2 religions again....

Last edited:

Fundamentalist Christians don't horse whip women in the public square. Or stone them to death. Or give death sentences to gays. Or have official Christian nations.

For starters.

no. for starters- fundies have no problem forcing a female to give birth against her will.

anything after that really doesn't matter if islam is 'worse'.
Progs kill their own children. Fundies still win.

Most people choose the fundamentalist way of life voluntarily. And many women love the idea of staying home with the kids, not having to deal with the finances, etc... It's a matter of taste. If you're a woman born into a Muslim family, you will be killed if you leave the faith. If there are any similarities, they are inconsequential..seeing how Christianity is purely voluntary whereas Islam is not.

lol... i've been a homemaker for 30 years. & i take care of the finances. by choice.

funny that.

Forum List

Back