Women having to work

I've noticed in some of the other XXXXX many women are not happy about having to work and have others look after and potentially influence there child upbringing at the day care centers. Many do not want to be forced to work along with there husband. Many want be home taking care of the household and family matters and would like to have more than one child but cannot afford it. Seems like the 70's woman's lib movement has finally been seen for what it has caused.
Bored with Summer Vacation, already?

:rolleyes:

Things are too expensive these days, only the rich can have their wives sitting at home, the women have to join their husbands in the work force to afford a decent living.

True... Id didn't have to be this way. The 70's movement cost us a way of life. It also cost us the dumbing down and indoctrination of our youth in the school system.
C'mon...c'mon.....don't blame your poor-spelling on "the '70s".

If you don't see any improvement, after hitting Jr. High....who ya' gonna blame, then?

handjob.gif

Things are too expensive these days, only the rich can have their wives sitting at home, the women have to join their husbands in the work force to afford a decent living.

I agree. It has nothing to do with womens lib.

Womens lib opened up the eyes of the country as to the demeaning attitude towrad women.....but many worked and took time off for the "child bearing" years and then went back to work.

But today? The wants, desires, AND some needs of the people, require both to work.

Eliminate cell phones, computers, air conditioning, late model cars, etc...and only one would need to work.

Sadly, the above mentioned are no longer considered luxuries...they are deemed as needs.
.....As determined/encouraged by Madi$on Avenue & Corporate America.

Why do you think $ale$ & marketing is such a high-paying gig?

I thought you "conservatives" were such big-fans o' Corporate America & Capitali$m!!!

301.gif

True... Id didn't have to be this way. The 70's movement cost us a way of life. It also cost us the dumbing down and indoctrination of our youth in the school system.

How did the 70s movement increase our cost of living though?
Shit.....all that started back in the '50s....when Madi$on Avenue realized they were no longer limited to ads in newspapers & magazines!!!

With T.V.......they could come to everyone's HOME!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5FrcDxKK4c]YouTube - ‪RIN-TIN-TIN TOY ROUNDUP COMMERCIAL 1950s‬‏[/ame]

Just ask Snake Plissken!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb9_0N3g5bw]YouTube - ‪MATTEL AGENT ZERO M‬‏[/ame]

Too many people suggest the Boomers have always been soooooooooooooooo materialistic.

Fuck.....we were BRED TO CONSUME!!!!!!

I've noticed in some of the other XXXXX many women are not happy about having to work and have others look after and potentially influence there child upbringing at the day care centers. Many do not want to be forced to work along with there husband. Many want be home taking care of the household and family matters and would like to have more than one child but cannot afford it. Seems like the 70's woman's lib movement has finally been seen for what it has caused.

Well until we return to sanity with our varies Government's entities all taking a huge bite out of the family budget Women have to work to support the family, its reaching the point that the children will also be forced to work to support the household. After this administration is done screwing over the Tax payer you can be assured its going to take a lot more then a single income to maintain a home.
Yeah....right....this administration is making child-labor....

handjob.gif

Well until we return to sanity with our varies Government's entities all taking a huge bite out of the family budget Women have to work to support the family, its reaching the point that the children will also be forced to work to support the household. After this administration is done screwing over the Tax payer you can be assured its going to take a lot more then a single income to maintain a home.

Depending where you live it takes 2 or 3 incomes in a home just to keep it afloat, my girlfriends sister lives in California and their rent is $1400, so basically her, her boyfriend and a room mate all split the rent 3 ways.
Whatta bunch o' fuckin' whiners!!!!

346.gif

Back in the late-'60s/early-'70s....when younger-adults couldn't WAIT to get-out on-their-own (unlike present-day gaming-weenies....who move-back-in with Mom & Dad....so they can afford their lifestyle).....roommates were The Norm!!!!

Depending where you live it takes 2 or 3 incomes in a home just to keep it afloat, my girlfriends sister lives in California and their rent is $1400, so basically her, her boyfriend and a room mate all split the rent 3 ways.
Whatta bunch o' fuckin' whiners!!!!

346.gif

Back in the late-'60s/early-'70s....when younger-adults couldn't WAIT to get-out on-their-own (unlike present-day gaming-weenies....who move-back-in with Mom & Dad....so they can afford their lifestyle).....roommates were The Norm!!!!

Yeah how many of those younger adults were moving into $1400 a month houses you fucking jerk off.:evil:

My wife is a stay-at-home mom. Right now she's in the kitchen barefoot making me a sammich.

The old "Kinder, Küche, Kirche," eh.

You traditionals,....

Most of the women I know are educated and choose to work. The few stay at home moms I know, planned accordingly when they decided to stay home. Having a supportive husband, living within your means, and doing things in the right order (school, job, marriage, home, kids.).certainly makes life a bit easier.
It's also a cultural-issue.

Ever since Women's Lib, women (now) have two routes (as options); go the professional-workplace route...or, the traditional stay-at-home/raisin'-the-munchkins route.

That was one o' the benefits o' the Reagan/Family Values '80s. Those women, who (eventually) realized the professional-workplace route was much-more work/bullshit than they'd expected :eek:, always had the prerogative to drop-back and adopt the more-traditional lifestyle; being taken-care-of!!!

I disagree. Women working has indeed caused all the symptoms attributed to it, including the raising of the costs of goods in a capitalist society. But for the cons to suggest they didn't have anything to do with it, is total and utter bullshit coming from cowards who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions.

The only way to reverse this social mistake is to introduce the living wage, and drive one spouse out of the workplace so other more-in-need of a job can also support their families on one wage.

If I told my Wife she could stay home with our kids she would kill me in my sleep. Any one stop to think that many woman in this world may actually LIKE to work ?

Most of the women I know are educated and choose to work. The few stay at home moms I know, planned accordingly when they decided to stay home. Having a supportive husband, living within your means, and doing things in the right order (school, job, marriage, home, kids.).certainly makes life a bit easier.

Being out of the work force for a long time can be a living hell when you try to get back into it too, people see gaps in the resume and get all antsy from my understanding, they don't care what the reasons are.

A gap to raise your children is no longer an issue on a resume...assuming you used your down time to stay in touch with changees in technology and changes in your idustry.

To the contrary, I am finding RTW's (return to work) easy to place if they did as I said above...it shows maturity, drive, desire and enthusiasm...

It is all about how you present it.
You give Managers waaayyyyyy-too-much credit.​

I'm the sole source of income in our home and I assure you, we are not rich. And my wife does a shitload more than simply "sitting at home".

We had to make a great deal of sacrifices to make it work, but it's worth it.
As-long-as you both share the same agenda, it can work (just fine)......but, people change.​

If I told my Wife she could stay home with our kids she would kill me in my sleep. Any one stop to think that many woman in this world may actually LIKE to work ?

I don't mind the women working,.............as long as her hubby stays home and takes social responsibility for raising his own children,..........so that more jobs are opened up for workers who really need to support their families as well.

Maybe they should blame those who came before them for wanting equal rights and equal pay and all that. They got what they wanted so it's just the way it is. Besides, in this economy it almost always takes two to make it.

I don't mind the women working,.............as long as her hubby stays home and takes social responsibility for raising his own children,..........so that more jobs are opened up for workers who really need to support their families as well.

Social responsibility ? You mean teach them manners and all that ? They went to day care, and public school for a year. The day care was fine, and run by an awesome lady. The year in public school almost fucked them up pretty bad, but they were young and were set right pretty fast. As for the jobs. the best qualified should get them. Illegal aliens from the south hurt the job market worse then Woman do.

I have a feeling that in the future we will look back in see this time we are in right now as being even worse then the 70's, and we can lump the Bush years in there also for the no child left behind act.

Yes it is. And it's not easy for us either.

We have friends with bigger homes, more toys and kids raised in daycare. It's just a matter of priorities. I like to think I have mine straight.

I think it is definently better for the kids to be at home with the mother while they are school age, if you can afford it, daycare costs an arm and a leg anyways.

It is more a matter of preference than it is a matter of priorities.
There are many virtues to day care...the least being good for developing social skills.
There is exposure to other ways of life.
Other ideas.
independence is a big one...learning to spend time without mom around.

Day care is an extension of school...and does not take that much away from quality time with mom and dad......

Others like the virtues that come with longer time with mom and dad.

It is a matter of preference.....i think it is an insult to imply that it is a matter of priorities...thus implying that those that opt for child care dont have their priorities correct.
That's (merely) another o' those carry-over arguments, from the ReRon '80s.

Every time I'd heard that one (back then), it was typically from a traditional-wife/mother....the same ones who'd constantly suggested their Choice (to stay-at-home) was marginalized/denigrated by Libruls. I always got the impression they (just) needed to do some serious venting.....'cause they were feeling more trapped than they'd ever expected.​

Now THAT'S a total non-sequitur if I've EVER seen one! The 70's "women's lib" movement, (which started in the 60's, by the way, oh wait, the 1860's, when slaves were freed by Lincoln, and women waited 60 more years for the right to vote), THAT caused family incomes to drop to the level where women had to get a job?

The economic factors nothwithstanding, between an average wage-earning man being able to support his family, and now when two income-earning parents can hardly make ends meet; THAT had nothing to do with this, right?

I sometimes think I have read the most absurd posts ever on this forum. Then I see this poster going deeper into the dark land of the least logical EVER!
Ya' REALLY believe you're addressing an adult-female??

:doubt:

Only because they picked a bad daycare. That is a TOUGH decision to make and most people do not do the proper research before deciding on a daycare. Then again, from the other standpoint, most parents are unable to discipline their children in this day and age or even deal with their children...

well, maybe. but i think the parents have a lot to do with things, too. some people feel guilty b/c their kids are in daycare, so let them do whatever they want when they're home.
we also read together every morning and every night before he went to sleep. and he was taken everyplace with us from the time he was little, so had to learn to behave.

Forum List

Back