Women having to work

St.Blues

Rookie
Jul 3, 2011
I Hate Most of You in Here
I've noticed in some of the other XXXXX many women are not happy about having to work and have others look after and potentially influence there child upbringing at the day care centers. Many do not want to be forced to work along with there husband. Many want be home taking care of the household and family matters and would like to have more than one child but cannot afford it. Seems like the 70's woman's lib movement has finally been seen for what it has caused.

Things are too expensive these days, only the rich can have their wives sitting at home, the women have to join their husbands in the work force to afford a decent living.

I dono that this is political. Then again, TM does not work and posts in the politics section all the time when it should be in the conspiracy theory area.

• Banned
Things are too expensive these days, only the rich can have their wives sitting at home, the women have to join their husbands in the work force to afford a decent living.

True... Id didn't have to be this way. The 70's movement cost us a way of life. It also cost us the dumbing down and indoctrination of our youth in the school system.

I agree. It has nothing to do with womens lib.

Womens lib opened up the eyes of the country as to the demeaning attitude towrad women.....but many worked and took time off for the "child bearing" years and then went back to work.

But today? The wants, desires, AND some needs of the people, require both to work.

Eliminate cell phones, computers, air conditioning, late model cars, etc...and only one would need to work.

Sadly, the above mentioned are no longer considered luxuries...they are deemed as needs.

True... Id didn't have to be this way. The 70's movement cost us a way of life. It also cost us the dumbing down and indoctrination of our youth in the school system.

How did the 70s movement increase our cost of living though?

I agree. It has nothing to do with womens lib.

Womens lib opened up the eyes of the country as to the demeaning attitude towrad women.....but many worked and took time off for the "child bearing" years and then went back to work.

But today? The wants, desires, AND some needs of the people, require both to work.

Eliminate cell phones, computers, air conditioning, late model cars, etc...and only one would need to work.
Sadly, the above mentioned are no longer considered luxuries...they are deemed as needs.

I don't know, if both the husband and wife don't have high paying jobs both will have to work anyways just to pay for the basic necessities, plus depending where you live an air conditioner is necessary or you might die and pass out, especially if you are old.

I've noticed in some of the other XXXXX many women are not happy about having to work and have others look after and potentially influence there child upbringing at the day care centers. Many do not want to be forced to work along with there husband. Many want be home taking care of the household and family matters and would like to have more than one child but cannot afford it. Seems like the 70's woman's lib movement has finally been seen for what it has caused.

Well until we return to sanity with our varies Government's entities all taking a huge bite out of the family budget Women have to work to support the family, its reaching the point that the children will also be forced to work to support the household. After this administration is done screwing over the Tax payer you can be assured its going to take a lot more then a single income to maintain a home.

Well until we return to sanity with our varies Government's entities all taking a huge bite out of the family budget Women have to work to support the family, its reaching the point that the children will also be forced to work to support the household. After this administration is done screwing over the Tax payer you can be assured its going to take a lot more then a single income to maintain a home.

Depending where you live it takes 2 or 3 incomes in a home just to keep it afloat, my girlfriends sister lives in California and their rent is $1400, so basically her, her boyfriend and a room mate all split the rent 3 ways.

Most of the women I know are educated and choose to work. The few stay at home moms I know, planned accordingly when they decided to stay home. Having a supportive husband, living within your means, and doing things in the right order (school, job, marriage, home, kids.).certainly makes life a bit easier.

Most of the women I know are educated and choose to work. The few stay at home moms I know, planned accordingly when they decided to stay home. Having a supportive husband, living within your means, and doing things in the right order (school, job, marriage, home, kids.).certainly makes life a bit easier.

Being out of the work force for a long time can be a living hell when you try to get back into it too, people see gaps in the resume and get all antsy from my understanding, they don't care what the reasons are.

Children would perhaps be better within a working environment, such a horrid generalization, granted, but even at half there are a large percentage of our adult population that DO NOT work. Fathers and mothers are the stressed ones because they also carry the burdens of 'family life'. All too often parents choose to cut off the grandparents and don't share the children, or if there are enmeshed families there are stress factors that potentially entrap the children if it isn't well-balanced by social outlets.

*I* love the idea of my children learning to work at an early age. My fourteen year old does much better when he is given a purpose and benefits for meeting that purpose. There are so many young adults within our society that if they are taught early enough to be reasonably responsible with their money then perhaps the world for them at our age will be solved of major financial issues.

Being out of the work force for a long time can be a living hell when you try to get back into it too, people see gaps in the resume and get all antsy from my understanding, they don't care what the reasons are.

A gap to raise your children is no longer an issue on a resume...assuming you used your down time to stay in touch with changees in technology and changes in your idustry.

To the contrary, I am finding RTW's (return to work) easy to place if they did as I said above...it shows maturity, drive, desire and enthusiasm...

It is all about how you present it.

I'm the sole source of income in our home and I assure you, we are not rich. And my wife does a shitload more than simply "sitting at home".

We had to make a great deal of sacrifices to make it work, but it's worth it.

I'm the sole source of income in our home and I assure you, we are not rich. And my wife does a shitload more than simply "sitting at home".

Wow, do you have kids?

where are you getting your *cough* statististics from? any woman i know who chooses to stay home ... does so. the rest of us choose to work.

reducing the number of children one has in order to afford to raise them has nothing to do with women working. it has to do with the shrinking of the middle class and the shifting distribution of wealth.

so if i were you, i'd stop crying about women being able to choose what they want.

Wow, do you have kids?

:lol:

Well of course! If we didn't, she'd be getting her ass to work and bringing home a paycheck too! Just like before we had kids.

Wow, do you have kids?

Well of course! If we didn't, she'd be getting her ass to work and bringing home a paycheck too! Just like before we had kids.

Well if you can make that work good for you, I just know its alot harder to do now than it was in the past.

Wow, do you have kids?

Well if you can make that work good for you, I just know its alot harder to do now than it was in the past.

Yes it is. And it's not easy for us either.

We have friends with bigger homes, more toys and kids raised in daycare. It's just a matter of priorities. I like to think I have mine straight.

Yes it is. And it's not easy for us either.

We have friends with bigger homes, more toys and kids raised in daycare. It's just a matter of priorities. I like to think I have mine straight.

I think it is definently better for the kids to be at home with the mother while they are school age, if you can afford it, daycare costs an arm and a leg anyways.

Forum List

Back