Women file suit

She couldn't get me out of a bad situation, she was physically incapable.

I did't want her there, sorry if that hurts your feelers, its just the way it is.

They don't belong.

I was Military Police, I had woman partner...it forced me to over compensate in certain situations because I knew if my ass was on the line she would not be able to get me out of there.

So?

My husband has had to pick up slack for other soldiers before, it's not special to those who have a vagina.
This is the Internet, and your a random faceless stranger. You don't have the ability to "hurt my feelers".:)

I agree that women have inherently less physical strength than the average male counterpart.

However I don't agree that that excludes them from all combat positions. They should have the opportunity to test for those jobs and no, I don't believe in reduced standards for women.

They require reduced physical standards or 90 percent of them (give or take) would wash out.

It will be interesting to see how the government attempts to defend a policy that clearly violates equal protection doctrine – what objective evidence does the government have to justify the exclusion, what’s the rationale, and how is the policy not based solely on the subjective motive to ‘protect’ the ‘weaker sex,’ or keep male soldiers out of harm’s way, their safety ‘jeopardized’ by women.

If a woman is in the middle of a shootout and her 6'2" 220 pound male comrade gets shot is she going to be able to throw him over her shoulder and carry him away or even drag him to safety?

If the answer to that is no (and it is ) then I just provided you with your objective evidence and it took me all of ten seconds to come up with it in my head.

Really, this is just simple common sense so I'm not surprised it escaped you.

I agree that women have inherently less physical strength than the average male counterpart.

However I don't agree that that excludes them from all combat positions. They should have the opportunity to test for those jobs and no, I don't believe in reduced standards for women.

They require reduced physical standards or 90 percent of them (give or take) would wash out.

Maybe.

I wouldnt care.

If they want those combat positions they should have them, as long as they have the ability to do them.

You are calling for exactly what I said is already happening. Women are already being given the least physically demanding jobs in group tasks.

Do you realize what also giving them the least physically demanding combat jobs means? It means no men get those jobs. It means men would get all the deadlier jobs and none of the less deadly jobs.

Which is exactly the whole point of men being in combat and women not being in combat in the first place!

Your solution would just compress the problem.

What a Country. A couple of possibly deranged women sue the government because their sisters did not have the opportunity to have their arms and legs blown off in combat and left wing males flee to
Canada if they fear they might be drafted.

Women who have more balls than you ever will, limp dick.

You are calling for exactly what I said is already happening. Women are already being given the least physically demanding jobs in group tasks.

Do you realize what also giving them the least physically demanding combat jobs means? It means no men get those jobs. It means men would get all the deadlier jobs and none of the less deadly jobs.

Which is exactly the whole point of men being in combat and women not being in combat in the first place!

Your solution would just compress the problem.

The women want those deadlier jobs. They want them and they say they can do them.

Agaisnt the military

KDBC 4 CBS: Servicewomen Sue Military

"Four servicewomen who have done tours in Iraq and Afghanistan filed a suit against the Defense Department Tuesday challenging the military's longstanding policy against women in ground combat.

Some of the plaintiffs led female troops who went on missions with combat infantrymen, according to the American Civil Liberties Union, which is representing the women.

"Their careers and opportunities have been limited by a policy that does not grant them the same recognition for their service as their male counterparts," the ACLU said. "The combat exclusion policy also makes it harder for them to do their jobs."

Had to do that with women on ships too.

Forum List

Back