Women and Tools

Of course you can't. Cuz y'all keep losing the friggen things. Too damned lazy to put it back in the box, so you throw it in a drawer, and from there it gets lost.

I actually HAVE my own tool box, which manages to stay completely intact, and lives in the kitchen.

(And yes I know what they are and how to use them.)

Actually, it's reverse in my house. I have a bad habit of not putting things back. My husband is absolutely meticulous, so much so that I've questioned his sexuality. He'll put things away even before I'm even finished using them. But he let's me slide...

Actually, it's reverse in my house. I have a bad habit of not putting things back. My husband is absolutely meticulous, so much so that I've questioned his sexuality. He'll put things away even before I'm even finished using them. But he let's me slide...

I'm convinced most men should just have a giant magnetic wall in the garage - that way, they can just stand in the doorway, and toss. PING! Tool lands on the wall, and just sticks there. :D

I'm convinced most men should just have a giant magnetic wall in the garage - that way, they can just stand in the doorway, and toss. PING! Tool lands on the wall, and just sticks there. :D

I could use the same thing for my kitchen! I think I have more kitchen tools, gadgets, appliances than Martha Stewart. Oh, I love to cook, but that putting away everything doesn't seem that important. :eusa_angel:

I could use the same thing for my kitchen! I think I have more kitchen tools, gadgets, appliances than Martha Stewart. Oh, I love to cook, but that putting away everything doesn't seem that important. :eusa_angel:

Without even knowing you, I'm willing to bet I have you beat. I have a countertop stove, so underneath it is a series of 12 drawers. All full. A broom closet. All full. Upteen cupboards. All full. A 2-tiered "extra" closet. All full. A built-in china hutch in my kitchen when drawers and cupboards beneath. All full.

Plus there's stuff in the garage, and basement I haven't found a place for yet.

Without even knowing you, I'm willing to bet I have you beat. I have a countertop stove, so underneath it is a series of 12 drawers. All full. A broom closet. All full. Upteen cupboards. All full. A 2-tiered "extra" closet. All full. A built-in china hutch in my kitchen when drawers and cupboards beneath. All full.

i have a leatherman tool, a tin cup and a spork.

But you have me beat already because I bet it's all organized. With every item having it's special place. Heck, if I don't have room, I'll pile it all on the dining room table. I'm driven to making the perfect dish, all else is just collateral damage! Are you into knives too? For my birthday, I got as a present the Shun Classic 7-Inch Santoku Knife. This is now my favorite knife. Ok, I bet you don't have a ricer? Do you? I won't believe it if you do.

But you have me beat already because I bet it's all organized. With every item having it's special place. Heck, if I don't have room, I'll pile it all on the dining room table. I'm driven to making the perfect dish, all else is just collateral damage! Are you into knives too? For my birthday, I got as a present the Shun Classic 7-Inch Santoku Knife. This is now my favorite knife. Ok, I bet you don't have a ricer? Do you? I won't believe it if you do.

As a matter of fact, I do have a stainless steel ricer. And, organized? Not so much.

Knives are Henckels Professional S series; favorite 7" santoku; used for EVERYTHING.

Now THERE is a cool word, spork.

I live the hobo life, stabbing people with my hobo knife.

what's even cooler is eating your spucky with a spork.
y'all probably don't have spukies.

Spuckies

Back in the old neighborhood, Mission Hill in Boston, an elongated roll stuffed with meat and stuff was known by people of a certain age not as a sub but as a ``spucky.''

As a matter of fact, I do have a stainless steel ricer. And, organized? Not so much.

Knives are Henckels Professional S series; favorite 7" santoku; used for EVERYTHING.

You've got my respect already. You must do some serious cooking. I agree with you about the 7' santoku. I use it to even make thin slices of brisket. It's AWESOME.

You've got my respect already. You must do some serious cooking. I agree with you about the 7' santoku. I use it to even make thin slices of brisket. It's AWESOME.

And I don't buy cookware, or knives in sets, but individually.. Costs a hell of a lot more, but I'm not stuck with something I'm never going to use...

You know I looked at the title of this thread quickly and my mind saw "Women on Tools"

I might have to go to bed a little early tonight lol

what's even cooler is eating your spucky with a spork.
y'all probably don't have spukies.

Spuckies

Back in the old neighborhood, Mission Hill in Boston, an elongated roll stuffed with meat and stuff was known by people of a certain age not as a sub but as a ``spucky.''

A Spucky sounds just ducky, you'de be lucky to have one if it wasn't sucky.

*grown*

So you use your spork for the spucky, because it's so yucky?

Forum List

Back