Woman's joke recieves backlash from public

Except none of her co-workers or clients said anything about it or thought anything about it at the time.

It only became a big deal when someone from the "Umbrage Police" saw it on Facebook.

It is giving her company a bad name, cry, throw a fit, but the bottom line, the owner of the company has rights, just as the employee does. She exercised her rights and the company is allowed to exercise theirs. It cuts both ways, too bad for you.

Well, no, not really... frankly, I have to wonder about these people who found out who she was, who she worked for and created a website to try to get her fired... That's kind of scary.

Not really. Some people care about the disabled. Since my son is in a similar situation, I REALLY care and would want anyone that worked with him and did that to be fired. We're talking about people who can't say "Hey, my father's buried here and I don't appreciated your being so disrespectful here. This is a cemetery for crying out loud."

Since they can't speak for themselves WE have to speak for them.

I will however, admit that the guy who started the "Fire Lindsey Stone" page on Facebook is a vet and was personally insulted by her disrespect where his brothers and sisters at arms are buried. She really deserved firing. How can you be so disrespectful at a cemetery anyway?

She was on company time, she did it ON THE JOB!

Let's not indulge his lack of comprehension.

Then why did they not fire her until someone saw it on Facebook?

If they fired her on teh spot, you guys MIGHT have an argument.

She was fired, they found out about it, the acted upon what she did, when they found out about it.

The argument has already been won, she exercised her freedom, the company exercised their freedom. Pretty simple solution for the what was done.

Thanks for playing and thanks for showing your lack of understanding when it comes to our freedoms and responsibilities.

She was actually working at the time. She was on an outing with 40 developmentally disabled clients and 9 other adults. What would you think if this was a kindergarten teacher on an outing with her students? Do you know the big difference between the 2? The kindergarteners can go home and tell mommy and daddy, those clients are pretty much prisoners and can't tell anyone.

Do you have ADD, stay on the subject instead of confusing the issue with BS hypotheticals. Her clients were more than likely laughing at her acting a fool and trust me the folks in the graves didn't mind a bit. As the great Red Skelton said, "don't take life too seriously, cause you atin't gonna get out it alive anyway". This lady screwed up, she realized it, she appologized, that should be the end of the story.

I am on the subject. More so than most. I have an adult developmentally disabled adult being taken care of by a company like LIFE. "Living Independently Forever". She works for LIFE. I called my son's program manager and asked him if a person that was working for him did this, what would be his reaction. I gave no indication of my personal feelings. His answer was "I cannot see the continued employment of such an individual with our company." I said, "She was joking." He said, "Even so, I can't see her working with our company anymore."

The thing you don't get is it's not what she did, although that in itself was in poor taste, it's that she did it while working with the disabled. No, it's right that she and her photographer were fired. They can now get jobs with people who can tell them they are being jerks when they are being jerks rather than a captive audience.

BTW, even if I did have ADD, that wouldn't negate my argument. While people with ADD may be considered developmentally disabled, the ones in a living situation like LIFE provides are much worse off than just ADD. Many of them can't speak up for themselves, they can't talk and they can't fight back. Most of them learn from example. This woman didn't care about her charges, it's obvious she shouldn't have been in charge in the first place and should never be in charge of such people in the future. 30 years old and she doesn't have the sense that God gave her.

At least you didn't bring up your kindegarten anallogy again, it has nothing to do with your arguement, the rest your entitled to your opinion, how about we agree to disagree?

Do you have ADD, stay on the subject instead of confusing the issue with BS hypotheticals. Her clients were more than likely laughing at her acting a fool and trust me the folks in the graves didn't mind a bit. As the great Red Skelton said, "don't take life too seriously, cause you atin't gonna get out it alive anyway". This lady screwed up, she realized it, she appologized, that should be the end of the story.

I am on the subject. More so than most. I have an adult developmentally disabled adult being taken care of by a company like LIFE. "Living Independently Forever". She works for LIFE. I called my son's program manager and asked him if a person that was working for him did this, what would be his reaction. I gave no indication of my personal feelings. His answer was "I cannot see the continued employment of such an individual with our company." I said, "She was joking." He said, "Even so, I can't see her working with our company anymore."

The thing you don't get is it's not what she did, although that in itself was in poor taste, it's that she did it while working with the disabled. No, it's right that she and her photographer were fired. They can now get jobs with people who can tell them they are being jerks when they are being jerks rather than a captive audience.

BTW, even if I did have ADD, that wouldn't negate my argument. While people with ADD may be considered developmentally disabled, the ones in a living situation like LIFE provides are much worse off than just ADD. Many of them can't speak up for themselves, they can't talk and they can't fight back. Most of them learn from example. This woman didn't care about her charges, it's obvious she shouldn't have been in charge in the first place and should never be in charge of such people in the future. 30 years old and she doesn't have the sense that God gave her.

At least you didn't bring up your kindegarten anallogy again, it has nothing to do with your arguement, the rest your entitled to your opinion, how about we agree to disagree?

Yes it does. Developmentally Disabled means that they are children in adult bodies.

Yes it does. Developmentally Disabled means that they are children in adult bodies.

Ya had to make me come back, you have zero direct knowledge of the people on this particual outing, they may have very well been very high functioning individuals, therefore your assumptions hold no water. How about we stick to the facts presented in the article?

Ya had to make me come back, you have zero direct knowledge of the people on this particual outing, they may have very well been very high functioning individuals, therefore your assumptions hold no water. How about we stick to the facts presented in the article?

I have a lot more knowledge about the kind of people living in situations like this than you do. High functioning people do not end up in places like LIFE Inc. They end up in group homes. Only those who need 24/7 care end up in situations like LIFE Inc. High Functioning Developmentally Disabled people do not need 24/7 care. And yes I know because I fought long and hard to get my son in that kind of living situation when they wanted to put him in a group home. Group Homes wouldn't take him. I had to get 3 of them to sign off that they wouldn't take him before I could get any help, and in order to do that, I had to get 3 group homes to take him in in the first place and then kick him out. Do you have any idea what that does to a person's self esteem? And yes, I'm talking about my son. Why should he have to go through that kind of hell in the first place, just so the state can save money???

Maybe you should stop trying to act like an expert on a subject you know NOTHING about.

Forum List

Back