Woman with knife tries to rob Arby's....man with gun holds her for police...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This is the most common type of gun defense....no shots fired, no one injured, and on this occasion, the criminal is held by the armed citizen until the police arrive.....again....the armed citizen did not need to shoot, so he didn't shoot....and this woman was safely taken into custody.....

Woman Tries to Rob Arby 8217 s Restaurant With a Knife She Meets a Citizen Armed With a Gun

A woman in Utah learned the hard way not to bring a knife to a gunfight over the weekend.

According to local media reports:

According to a press release from the Vernal Police Department, officers were dispatched to an Arby’s restaurant at 1141 West Highway 40 to respond to reports of a robbery in progress. Dispatch personnel informed officers that a female had a knife and had demanded money. They later added that there was a male subject inside the restaurant with a handgun.

When police arrived, they took both the male and female into custody. But they, “immediately determined that the male subject had detained the female suspect.” Police later learned that man had entered the store and interrupted the robbery.

While all ended well in this case, this is a good time to point out that a firearm on your person is significantly more useful than a firearm in your vehicle.

This incident is the most common type of defensive gun use. That is, one in which no shots were fired and no one was hurt. Despite this being the most common type of defensive gun use, these incidents are often not included in statistics about defensive gun uses. Many of these statistics and studies focus solely on justifiable homicides, which represent only a fraction of total defensive gun uses.

A little more detail....the man was going thru the drive thru and no one responded...saw the situation inside and got his gun....

Armed Arby s Customer Stops Knife-Wielding Robber The Daily Caller

When the man realized that the cashier was not responding to him he pulled out of the drive-thru, parked his truck, and went inside the store to order his food there.

In the store, one of the cashiers mouthed to him the words “We’re being robbed.”

Stephanie Lee Lente, 37, was threatening cashiers with a knife and demanding money.

“I went out to my truck and got my gun,” the man, a concealed carry permit holder, told the Deseret News on the condition of anonymity.

After retrieving his firearm, he went back into the restaurant and showed Lente that he had a gun and ordered her not to move. But she didn’t listen.

“She picked up a bag and came at me,” the man said. “That’s when I pointed my gun at her.”

He was able to wrestle the knife away from Lente, but he held her at gunpoint until police arrived. When they did, the man says he immediately lowered the gun so the cops wouldn’t mistake him for the suspect.

Police arrested Lente and commended the man for thwarting the robbery and also for having the awareness to consider the perception of the responding officers.

Notice......he did not shoot even when he would have been completely justified....he held his fire and then held her for police......as happens all the time.....

Americans would be amazed at how many crimes are prevented by ordinary citizens that have conceal carry permits. Absolutely amazed.

And this happens 1.4 million times a year? Bullshit.

Actually, when you average the list of studies I have, including the Clinton Justice Dept. Study of 1995, ( 1.5 Million) and Obama's CDC study of 2013 ( 500,000-3 million) as well as the rest...it comes out to 1.6 million times a year.......most of them are situations with no shots fired, no one is injured, the criminals run or are held for police...rarely, the law abiding ctitizen has to kill the attacker.......

Here are just some of the studies and their numbers...in 3 categories....and the one outlier the National Crime Victimization Survey....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717
DMIa 1978...2,141,512
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68
Kleck...2.5 million
Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544
DMIb...1978...1,098,409
Hart...1981...1.797,461
Mauser...1990...1,487,342
Gallup...1993...1,621,377
DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million
Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

-------------------------------------------
Ohio...1982...771,043
Gallup...1991...777,152
Tarrance... 1994... 764,036
Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

NCVS (National Crime Victimization Survey)....108,000

Notice, the 3 different groupings of stats from the research listed so far.....not one of them approaches the NCVS number of 100,000.....

Forum List

Back