Woman "tweets" her abortion

Nope. Thats not my standard, and it's not even implied that that is my standard.

Attention whore: A person who craves attention to such an extent that they will do anything, usually outlandish, shocking and revolting behavior, to receive it. The type of attention (negative or positive) does not matter.

I don't see many people going after her for having an abortion. I should add, so far, as I'm sure it's coming. So your response doesn't (yet) compute. It's the part about her putting it on Got-Damned TWITTER that people are going after her for. But nice try at a troll and deflection all in one :thup:
Really, what's it to you if she puts it on Twitter? How does that affect you if she doesn't tweet you? I don't see why you would get so outraged about it.

I see it as a break-down in our society, that folks use the internet for situations in their life which I would consider private. She certainly is getting her 15 minutes of fame isn't she? I find it sad that she maybe doesn't have any real-life, in-living-color friends who could have been there with her during the process, and again .. kept it private.
Keep it private, you say. No one is forcing you to read her blog and her Tweets so quit your bitchin'.
Some people in this thread are offended by the thought of a woman actually being brave enough to admit to having an abortion. They'd rather things like this never be talked about. They want all this stuff kept in the closet. Unfortunately for them, abortion is a fact of life and it's best talked about openly so that people can make informed decisions about it.

She is a disgusting human being. Not because of the abortion (or whatever nomenclature you wish to use), but because of the attention-whoring and IRL trolling that she is doing during the act.

oh..i totally agree with that. she's a classless twit with zero self-esteem, and apparently not a very good memory for birth control.
She had an IUD, but it failed.
Please! We can't allow facts to get in the way of passing judgement on the woman and looking down on her!

she is entitled to her freedom of speech, is she not? you know if you dont like the subject then dont read it or look....but this faux outrage is a bit much....i wonder how many of you would want to experience another child when you already have one with special needs? how many of you know the burden of a special needs child? (and dont bitch at me about the use of the word burden....) the expense of a special needs child? so why dont you take your judge fucking mental bullshit and ride off on your high horses....

and why is this just not considered an informative twit? i am sure many woman have no idea what the drug is or how it reacts with your body...when is knowing a bad thing?

the woman is twitting about a legal medical procedure...hate to bother you with that factoid.....wow neither party has changed abortion...why cause it is big fucking business.....

even bigger now that it can be done with two pills...at 200 bucks or so a pill

I have two special needs kids and IMO, this isn't really about abortion, this is about "taste". What she posted was in extremely bad taste. Now, if it's on a blog about abortion, that's one thing, but as I understand it, she just basically posted the whole experience on her twitter cite. She has a right to post it if she want to, and I have a right to say it's bad taste.

Really, what's it to you if she puts it on Twitter? How does that affect you if she doesn't tweet you? I don't see why you would get so outraged about it.

I see it as a break-down in our society, that folks use the internet for situations in their life which I would consider private. She certainly is getting her 15 minutes of fame isn't she? I find it sad that she maybe doesn't have any real-life, in-living-color friends who could have been there with her during the process, and again .. kept it private.
Keep it private, you say. No one is forcing you to read her blog and her Tweets so quit your bitchin'.
Some people in this thread are offended by the thought of a woman actually being brave enough to admit to having an abortion. They'd rather things like this never be talked about. They want all this stuff kept in the closet. Unfortunately for them, abortion is a fact of life and it's best talked about openly so that people can make informed decisions about it.

Apparently somebody felt it was important enough to post on this message board, hence the "discussion."

It's one thing to discuss abortion on an abortion thread, or even say you've had one on your twitter cite, but it's really no one's business and describing it in detail is just plain bad manners.

This is the kind of society created by liberals.

And this is the kind of society created by the rabid religious right

god-hates-fags1239565001.jpg
actually, thats more the rabid religious left

notwithstanding the woman's lack of class, she wasn't pregnant if the egg hadn't attached itself to the uterine wall so it wasn't an abortion.

it was just ill manners.
"She found out she was pregnant Feb. 13, a little more than three weeks after she conceived, early enough that she could choose RU-486 rather than a surgical abortion to terminate the pregnancy"

It was an abortion. RU-486 does not prevent pregnancy, it ends it. It is not the morning after pill although it is often confused with it.

What if she was too late for the RU486? I can hear it now....

"Yup....getting the Dust Buster plugged in now...definately a sucking sound......"

Last edited:
bad taste perhaps....but still she is discussing a legal medical procedure and being condemned for it....called vile names etc..is that not also in bad taste...

hell look at the thread on removing a tampon....the thread on douche bags etc....bad taste is hardly a new concept

bad taste perhaps....but still she is discussing a legal medical procedure and being condemned for it....called vile names etc..is that not also in bad taste...

hell look at the thread on removing a tampon....the thread on douche bags etc....bad taste is hardly a new concept
especially on the internet

touche' dc....the net has it all....good taste is hardly something that concerns the net peeps...and this is the new and milder net...in the heyday....bad taste was the order of the day....

and yea this is all about abortion....i dont see anyone objecting to the twitting, blogging, youtube of other medical procedures...that are in bad taste...personally i dont want to know how your roids were and how the removal went ....the major objection here..the woman had the nerve to twit about her abortion....in reality..she is talking about taking the pills and what happens ....so lets not pretend the mother fucking elephant aint in the room

touche' dc....the net has it all....good taste is hardly something that concerns the net peeps...and this is the new and milder net...in the heyday....bad taste was the order of the day....
google(or BING) "two girls and a cup" (no, don't, not if you want to retain your lunch anyway) and you will see there is no lack of BAD taste on the internet

ooooo i have heard about 2 girls and a cup....the worst thing i have ever seen....the guy puts his head up the woman's somsom....his whole head...i still think it was a fake...but there it was....

back in the day...we had this weekly contest..who could come up with the worst pic ...video etc....o my o my...

I can not judge this woman as I have tweeted about my ball sack, the heat and Uluru.

My nature is in the balance.

Yeah, people this a big deal and claiming "killing your baby" are just stupid, ideological hacks. It's a fertizlied embryo, not sense of thought, awareness, any organs, jUst a ball of cells; a blastocyst, at the time of implantation into the uterus, which is what the morning after pill prevents. Hardly a "baby" being killed

I think the OP is the attention whore

Strawman.

The OP (my OP) had zero to do with pro-choice or anti-abortion. Best try again.

Guess what? It's not all about you. See the person I was quoting? Have other people made the comment that my post is referring to in this thread? yes.

another person that thinks every single post in a thread has to be about what the OP said, and nothing else.

So you made a comment about the OP, which I posted, and then say that your comment wasn't about anything I said...

Do you know how message boards work? Cuz that was probably the dumbest thing I've seen posted.

Kind of like your thread here

"Look at me, look at me! I'm morally superior!"

2/10 on the troll meter.

Sorry that you don't like talking about Current Events. Why don't you move along to another thread if that is the case?

Oh, another person called out on their bullshit and contradictions, so try and deflect away. Really pathetic man.

Contradictions? I didn't have an abortion and tweet it.

1/10 on troll meter.

she is entitled to her freedom of speech, is she not?

And we're just as entitled to think she is a disgusting human.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from moral judgment by others.

So you are an holier than thou attention whore, just like I said. But that makes me a troll?:cuckoo:

The moral equivalent of having an abortion and tweeting about it, is talking about it on an MB?

Man, you fail at this troll thing. Either that or you're really stupid

As strolling and dive pointed out, this was an incredibly mild level of disgusting by internet standards. I'd have brought up the 2 girls 1 cup, but dive beat me to it :tongue: Hell, go to 4chan at any time of any day and you'll find a lot more disgusting things on probably any of their boards, both visuals and text.

Sure, this may have been in bad taste, but making it out to be some horribly disgusting act in this anonymous interwebs world we live in is disingenuous at best. And clearly the more this is discussed, the more successful the woman has been if she's just an attention whore :)

Years ago, I met an old highschool buddy and we had our first chat in years. She mentioned that she'd had an abortion. I asked her "do you feel bad about it?" She said "no". I asked "Do you feel you need to talk about it?" She said, "no". I said, "Then don't tell me, it's none of my business." I don't feel I need to know who has and who has not had an abortion. I can't figure out why anyone would announce it on the internet.

I agree Againsheila.
As far as your old high school friend goes, I think she did feel bad about it and she did want to talk about it. Why else would she bring it up? Attention? Yeah. Hell, maybe she actually is proud of the fact that she had one and wanted to boast about it.

I didn't look at those threads, didn't even know they were there, that's my prerogative, to ignore those threads that are in bad taste. I can join a discussion or not. I never called her a vile name, I try not to call anyone a vile name. As I said before, someone here felt this was important enough to talk about and I have the right to say it's in bad taste. If she were my friend, I'd tell her so to her face. Makes me wonder if she has friends because one of them should have talked her out of putting the whole experience on her twitter site.

Strawman.

The OP (my OP) had zero to do with pro-choice or anti-abortion. Best try again.

Guess what? It's not all about you. See the person I was quoting? Have other people made the comment that my post is referring to in this thread? yes.

another person that thinks every single post in a thread has to be about what the OP said, and nothing else.

So you made a comment about the OP, which I posted, and then say that your comment wasn't about anything I said...

Do you know how message boards work? Cuz that was probably the dumbest thing I've seen posted.

Well, getting that you clearly can't get how my argument wasn't directed to your OP specifically and things other people also added, but to other's responses, which I clearly quoted, I wouldn't expect you to be a good indicator of what is dumb or not. But I know, people on the internet will never admit they were wrong so you can keep this going.

Forum List

Back