Woman "tweets" her abortion

Absolutely disgusting woman, provokes absolutely disgusting reaction.

Angie Jackson Live Tweets Her Abortion on Twitter - ABC News

She had her reasons and she went into detail about it too.

There is no such thing as a good reason to tweet something like this.
"The 27-year-old has turned to the micro blogging site, and to her blog and YouTube videos, to chronicle her experience taking RU-486, commonly known as the abortion pill, in an attempt to "demystify" abortion for other women."

That's a good enough reason for me. Does it bother you that someone wishes to dispel the myths concerning this pill?
Abso-fucking-lutely disgusting.

What is "Abso-fucking-lutely disgusting" is the way this woman is being treated by the anti choice extremists. From the same article:

"
Already the mother of a 4-year-old son with special needs, Jackson, who lives in Tampa, Fla., with her boyfriend, said that after a difficult and life-threatening first pregnancy her doctors advised her to not get pregnant again.
"I had made a decision when my son was born to try to not get pregnant again, and if that failed I'd planned that I would get an abortion if I needed one," Jackson said.
She found out she was pregnant Feb. 13, a little more than three weeks after she conceived, early enough that she could choose RU-486 rather than a surgical abortion to terminate the pregnanc.

But her decision to go public with her abortionhas brought criticism. Jackson said she'd received death threats and postings on her blog that have labeled her a baby killer.

Among the criticisms she's received, Jackson has also been the target of a handful of death threats, as well as personal attacks on her character, her boyfriend and her son.
She said she's been called a "whore" who "can't keep her legs closed," and has also been sent Bible verses by anti-abortion rights activists."

Fortunately:
"Despite some of the harshest criticisms, Jackson said that only about a third of the responses have been negative, and the rest have been messages of support, including many from women thanking her for explaining a process they don't fully understand. "

Last edited:
"The 27-year-old has turned to the micro blogging site, and to her blog and YouTube videos, to chronicle her experience taking RU-486, commonly known as the abortion pill, in an attempt to "demystify" abortion for other women."

In 144 characters or less? On twitter? Bullshit. But I guess you fell for it.

Most of us just see it as the disgusting attention whoring it really is.

And the people that are feeding her attention by responding to her are are pretty creepy too.

Seriously, what the hell is next?
There are posts and threads on this board which are far more disgusting than any recounting of the effects of RU-486.

Did she tweet you? I doubt it. She is tweeting people who asked to know more about it. Hardly attention whoring.

Did she tweet you? I doubt it. She is tweeting people who asked to know more about it. Hardly attention whoring.

Ah, no. She's a wannabe 'net blog writer before this. She did this to garner more attention to herself and her blog. IOW: attention whoring.

But Jackson, who said she's always spoken about controversial topics online

The day she found out she was pregnant she tweeted the news to her then-800 followers, writing a solemn "Pregnant." Since then, the number of followers on her Twitter feed, YouTube channel and blog have nearly doubled

The 27-year-old has turned to the micro blogging site[twitter], and to her blog and YouTube videos

notwithstanding the woman's lack of class, she wasn't pregnant if the egg hadn't attached itself to the uterine wall so it wasn't an abortion.

it was just ill manners.
"She found out she was pregnant Feb. 13, a little more than three weeks after she conceived, early enough that she could choose RU-486 rather than a surgical abortion to terminate the pregnancy"

It was an abortion. RU-486 does not prevent pregnancy, it ends it. It is not the morning after pill although it is often confused with it.

Ah, no. She's a wannabe 'net blog writer before this. She did this to garner more attention to herself and her blog. IOW: attention whoring.

The day she found out she was pregnant she tweeted the news to her then-800 followers, writing a solemn "Pregnant." Since then, the number of followers on her Twitter feed, YouTube channel and blog have nearly doubled
The 27-year-old has turned to the micro blogging site[twitter], and to her blog and YouTube videos

By your standard, then anyone who tweets or blogs about any subject is an attention whore.

I'm sure that if she was tweeting and blogging about how guilty she felt about having an abortion and "killing her baby" or about how she had decided to ignore her doctor's warnings about how giving birth again could put her health at risk (like Tim Tebrow's mother claims she did), the anti choice fascists on this board would be praising her to high heaven instead of demonizing her.

She has pissed them off by shedding some light on what the procedure actually entails.

By your standard, then anyone who tweets or blogs about any subject is an attention whore.

Nope. Thats not my standard, and it's not even implied that that is my standard.

Attention whore: A person who craves attention to such an extent that they will do anything, usually outlandish, shocking and revolting behavior, to receive it. The type of attention (negative or positive) does not matter.

I'm sure that if she was tweeting and blogging about how guilty she felt about having an abortion and "killing her baby" or about how she had decided to ignore her doctor's warnings about how giving birth again could put her health at risk (like Tim Tebrow's mother claims she did), the anti choice fascists on this board would be praising her to high heaven instead of demonizing her.

I don't see many people going after her for having an abortion. I should add, so far, as I'm sure it's coming. So your response doesn't (yet) compute. It's the part about her putting it on Got-Damned TWITTER that people are going after her for. But nice try at a troll and deflection all in one :thup:

Nope. Thats not my standard, and it's not even implied that that is my standard.

Attention whore: A person who craves attention to such an extent that they will do anything, usually outlandish, shocking and revolting behavior, to receive it. The type of attention (negative or positive) does not matter.

I don't see many people going after her for having an abortion. I should add, so far, as I'm sure it's coming. So your response doesn't (yet) compute. It's the part about her putting it on Got-Damned TWITTER that people are going after her for. But nice try at a troll and deflection all in one :thup:
Really, what's it to you if she puts it on Twitter? How does that affect you if she doesn't tweet you? I don't see why you would get so outraged about it.

Really, what's it to you if she puts it on Twitter? How does that affect you if she doesn't tweet you? I don't see why you would get so outraged about it.

Disgusting people revolt me. They are an affront to the rest of humanity.

When I see you up in arms about the many far more disgusting posts on this board then I'll believe you.

When I see you up in arms about the many far more disgusting posts on this board then I'll believe you.

Sorry hun, I don't have time to cruise through every post on this message board. The ones that offend me, I comment on.

But again, nice try at deflection and changing the subject. Maybe next time it will work for you :thup:

Sorry hun, I don't have time to cruise through every post on this message board. The ones that offend me, I comment on.

But again, nice try at deflection and changing the subject. Maybe next time it will work for you :thup:
What did I deflect?

How did I change the subject? My previous posts make it clear I do not agree that she is an attention whore nor do I think the Tweets quoted in the article are disgusting.

I stand by my opinion that anyone raising commotion about the fact that she is a blogger and Tweets do so more out of anti abortion sentiment than anything else.

I stand by my opinion that anyone raising commotion about the fact that she is a blogger and Tweets do so more out of anti abortion sentiment than anything else.

Well, in the thread's case you are obviously and conclusively wrong (again, so far), since no one is coming down on her for choosing that route.

notwithstanding the woman's lack of class, she wasn't pregnant if the egg hadn't attached itself to the uterine wall so it wasn't an abortion.

it was just ill manners.

She is a disgusting human being. Not because of the abortion (or whatever nomenclature you wish to use), but because of the attention-whoring and IRL trolling that she is doing during the act.

oh..i totally agree with that. she's a classless twit with zero self-esteem, and apparently not a very good memory for birth control.
Not according to the article.

Jackson had an IUD, a device that is placed into the uterus to prevent pregnancy, but it failed.

Forum List

Back