Woman Tries to Sell 5 Year-Old Son for $2,000.

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Mother of the Year, no doubt.

Pinellas County sheriff's deputies arrested a Seminole woman Saturday after they believed she was trying to sell her 5-year-old boy for $2,000.

Deputies said they received a tip about the case from James Gardner, 58, of Tampa. Gardner and his wife met the mother, Jessica Marie Beers, 28, through their church and had been helping her financially.

Gardner and his wife also began helping Beers take care of the boy. Over time, they noticed Beers had a prescription drug addiction, deputies said, and she was leaving the boy with them more frequently.

One day last week, Beers offered to sell Gardner and his wife parental rights, deputies said. The couple feared Beers wanted to feed her drug habit, deputies said.

0426459767_187715d.jpg

Seminole mother tried to sell 5-year-old son for $2,000, Pinellas deputies say - St. Petersburg Times

:thup:

And?

Maybe the kid would be better off with the couple mentioned. I'm positive he'd be better off than in the system as he is now.

the couple were smart not to pay.....they are already taken with the child...and she would pop right back in and try to get more money or take the child.....no legal papers to protect the child or the couple.....

that is what my cousin did to her own family members

the couple were smart not to pay.....they are already taken with the child...and she would pop right back in and try to get more money or take the child.....no legal papers to protect the child or the couple.....

that is what my cousin did to her own family members

Yea I have seen it happen before too. Its a pretty common scheme with drug addicts. They get a couple to fall in love with the child and then bleed them dry. Sometimes they will bait 2 or more couples at a time.

yeah, it is sad. don't want to give the impression that i actually find it funny...

but you do have to look on the bright side. at 2 years old it's already been discovered just how unfit his mother is. hopefully this child will be placed into a loving home and have a real chance going forward.

What the fuck is wrong with some people?

You would believe even a sociopathic mother would have some sort of feelings for he child.

Selfish bitch....

$2,000 bucks is all your kid is worth - let alone a human life?

The fucked up part is she will probably get probation and therapy when she belongs in prison for life.

Anyone ever see that show "what would you do?"

They should try this scenario...

"hey you want to buy a kid"

Probably too dangerous because most people would punch the actor in the face and take the kid then call the cops.

At least she didn't kill him so she could maintain her party lifestyle.

The kid would have probably been better off, but yeah she is a piece of crap.

This is why government should give out birth control pills for free. Right wingers will march armed to get that kid born but will walk away feeling there's been a "job well done" and never look back.

Until a story like this one. Then they ask, "What kind of a mother is she?" Yea, what kind indeed.

This is why government should give out birth control pills for free. Right wingers will march armed to get that kid born but will walk away feeling there's been a "job well done" and never look back.

Until a story like this one. Then they ask, "What kind of a mother is she?" Yea, what kind indeed.

Actually I agree.

Anyone who wants profilactics[sic] should be able to get them. It's hard to make an argument against it.

A non-religiously inspired argument, anyway.

Forum List

Back