Woman tells police not to arrest her because she's a 'clean, thoroughbred, white girl'

There is an old quote that says "In vino, veritas", which is Latin for "in wine, truth", meaning that people will say what they REALLY think when they are buzzed or drunk. Why? It's because your inhibitions drop when you drink alcohol.

So, she must have felt deep down that there was something like white privilege that existed, because she was talking like she thought it was real.
True but no one denied she believes it exists.

The point is that the story shows she is wrong and had no such privilege.

So the ravings of a very drunk person, who was arrested and processed anyway, proves 'white privilege' is real?

roflmao
Apparently she thought it was real otherwise why would she have attempted to assert it if she didn't think it was something to which she was entitled BECAUSE she's a .....white girl.

If you all weren't so anal retentive you would have picked up on the play on words. Then again maybe not.

I'm sorry, but some drunken idiot trying to use white privilege to get out of legal trouble, and having it fail completely, is just not a good example of white privilege. Differences in arrest/conviction rates, videos of whites with guns being treated respectfully and calmly by police compared to minorities being shot, people having police called on them for being black, there are all sorts of examples you could choose from that actually point to white privilege. :dunno:

A such better example is the Dallas LEO who parked her car on the wrong floor of her complex, entered the wrong apartment and shot and killed a man who happened to be black in his own apartment. Had he done that to her; do you think the DA would be talking about manslaughter charges?

As for the OP, the so-called white privilege stands. It isn’t that it didn’t work in this case. Moreover, the fact that the card was played tells you (or should anyway) that such tactics are used to get enhanced treatment, lighter sentences, having a citation beat down to a warning etc….

So the ravings of a very drunk person, who was arrested and processed anyway, proves 'white privilege' is real?

roflmao
Apparently she thought it was real otherwise why would she have attempted to assert it if she didn't think it was something to which she was entitled BECAUSE she's a .....white girl.

If you all weren't so anal retentive you would have picked up on the play on words. Then again maybe not.

I'm sorry, but some drunken idiot trying to use white privilege to get out of legal trouble, and having it fail completely, is just not a good example of white privilege. Differences in arrest/conviction rates, videos of whites with guns being treated respectfully and calmly by police compared to minorities being shot, people having police called on them for being black, there are all sorts of examples you could choose from that actually point to white privilege. :dunno:

A such better example is the Dallas LEO who parked her car on the wrong floor of her complex, entered the wrong apartment and shot and killed a man who happened to be black in his own apartment. Had he done that to her; do you think the DA would be talking about manslaughter charges?

As for the OP, the so-called white privilege stands. It isn’t that it didn’t work in this case. Moreover, the fact that the card was played tells you (or should anyway) that such tactics are used to get enhanced treatment, lighter sentences, having a citation beat down to a warning etc….

That someone tries to use a privilege and it does not work is not a good indicator that such privilege exists and works.

roflmao

It shows white privilege is invoked by one or some. Not that it exists.

roflmao

That someone tries to use a privilege and it does not work is not a good indicator that such privilege exists and works.

Not sure if this is the exception or the rule.

Do you honestly believe that this woman was the very first to try this; ever?

roflmao

You're white. You tell us.

roflmao

How is that important?

I'm not denying the existence of white privilege, I'm pointing out that this incident was NOT a good example of it, and it was not. :dunno:

I am?

You're white. You tell us.

How is that important?

I'm not denying the existence of white privilege, I'm pointing out that this incident was NOT a good example of it, and it was not. :dunno:
ok, my mistake.

Apparently I'm the ony person who thought this news article was funny.

Black people are often accused of "playing the race card" which is seen as an attempt to minimize any complaint to nothing more than "black people whining again" irrespective of the validity of the complaint or any racial component it contains.

White privilege is "the societal benefits that are afforded to members of the white race beyond what is commonly experienced by non-white people under the same social, political or economic circumstances".

I know what white privilege is and I did not post this story as an example of it. I was laughing at how this particular person is stupid enough to believe that white privilede somehow works by invoking it via "playing the race". Note that I put "playing the race card" in quotes to denote that this is not it's usual meaning.

Or maybe some of you think it's not funny for a black person to be laughing at the stupidity of a white person?

Apparently I'm the ony person who thought this news article was funny.

Black people are often accused of "playing the race card" which is seen as an attempt to minimize any complaint to nothing more than "black people whining again" irrespective of the validity of the complaint or any racial component it contains.

White privilege is "the societal benefits that are afforded to members of the white race beyond what is commonly experienced by non-white people under the same social, political or economic circumstances".

I know what white privilege is and I did not post this story as an example of it. I was laughing at how this particular person is stupid enough to believe that white privilede somehow works by invoking it via "playing the race". Note that I put "playing the race card" in quotes to denote that this is not it's usual meaning.

Or maybe some of you think it's not funny for a black person to be laughing at the stupidity of a white person?

Your intent did not translate well into text. :p

New Topics

Forum List

Back