Woman tasered near US/Canadian border for refusing trunk search.

Like the way you tried to denigrate "my" fact above, even though it's exactly the same fact as "your" fact?

Busted, hack.

Uh no Pogo, your "fact" I was referring to was you claiming this did't happen anywhere near the border.

I said it didn't happen anywhere near a border crossing (and I even gave you a map) but the active point at the time was the myth that she "drove through without stopping".

Asshole.

No, Pogo the argument started when Bode made the claim that this happened nowhere near a border, those were her exact words, and I said that was untrue, that the woman had crossed the border then got pulled over for a secondary inspection, they you came in with "this wasn't at a border crossing" which I never said it was. I have maintained from the beginning that the woman crossed the border, then for some odd reason was pulled over some ways away for a secondary inspection.

You may not have claimed that this did't happen anywhere near a border, but Bodey certainly did and that s who my original comment was made to and then you jumped in for who knows what reasons. To defend a fellow liberal I suppose.

And you JUST DID IT AGAIN. It's in bold.

:dig:

Read the entire story Pogo, the checkpoint was set up on the road leading between Canada and the US, are you saying her car just magically appeared between the border and a checkpoint and so that's why she got stopped in the checkpoint?

She HAD to have crossed the border in order to have gotten stopped in the checkpoint and in fact she says that she often crosses the border in that area and has never had a problem before.

Read the MAP, moron. NY37 goes parallel to the border -- not across it. If you were going to cross to Canada (or come from there) you'd be coming in on NY812. Which is, once again, at least ten miles away from the exact spot.

The altercation unfolded when agents stopped 21-year-old Jessica A. Cooke at about 3:30 p.m. on Route 37, just north of The Kitchen at Iroquois Farm restaurant, during a routine checkpoint, she said. (Watertown Daily Times)
Now Google Maps sez if you're at that restaurant, and you want to drive into Canada, your nearest route is 10 miles south on NY37, then right on NY 812 to the border. And this was "just north" of there. You could come to that checkpoint from anywhere, including the restaurant, all the way down to Watertown or up to Malone -- 130+ miles -- without ever leaving NY37 or touching any part of Canada.

Last edited:
The only way to effectively contest that kind of police behavior is to have a video. Otherwise, they will believe anything the cop has to say.

Uuuh...there is a video.
She went about it the wrong way. She drove through the check point rather than stopping and confronting them in a calm and calculated manner.
Once you run the check point and then start yelling and screaming all bets are off.
She's a dumbass plain and simple.

You're wrong on that point. She stopped at the checkpoint and was waved through but then pulled over for a secondary inspection.

Ah...so she started the asshatery when she was asked to pull over for a more thorough search.
She still went about it the wrong way if her intent was to be one of those people who confront the cops about their rights.

Damn, you still don't get it.She shouldn't have to confront the cops about her rights. They have no right to infringe on her rights to start with. They stay within their authority and she has nothing to confront them about to start with..

It's both ironic and perhaps instructive that she's been studying to do the same job they're doing. Or was.

Clearly she baited them, and unfortunately for them, they bit. It's plausible that she deliberately set out to test and/or document exactly this kind of abuse, based on either what she learned about the job, or prior incidents in the area, or both. If so, she brought to light a serious police state issue, and we have to consider her a patriot.

That is, unless we like Authoritarianism.

I'm all for exposing the Rambo wanna be cops, but there are enough examples of that without pulling a James O'Keef. If that was what she was doing, then shame on her. It still don't think it excuses the cops behavior though.

The only way to effectively contest that kind of police behavior is to have a video. Otherwise, they will believe anything the cop has to say.

Uuuh...there is a video.
She went about it the wrong way. She drove through the check point rather than stopping and confronting them in a calm and calculated manner.
Once you run the check point and then start yelling and screaming all bets are off.

You're wrong on that point. She stopped at the checkpoint and was waved through but then pulled over for a secondary inspection.

Ah...so she started the asshatery when she was asked to pull over for a more thorough search.
She still went about it the wrong way if her intent was to be one of those people who confront the cops about their rights.

Damn, you still don't get it.She shouldn't have to confront the cops about her rights. They have no right to infringe on her rights to start with. They stay within their authority and she has nothing to confront them about to start with..

It's both ironic and perhaps instructive that she's been studying to do the same job they're doing. Or was.

Clearly she baited them, and unfortunately for them, they bit. It's plausible that she deliberately set out to test and/or document exactly this kind of abuse, based on either what she learned about the job, or prior incidents in the area, or both. If so, she brought to light a serious police state issue, and we have to consider her a patriot.

I'm all for exposing the Rambo wanna be cops, but there are enough examples of that without pulling a James O'Keef. If that was what she was doing, then shame on her. I still don't think it excuses the cops behavior though.

What rights? You do NOT have the right to scream at a LEO and refuse to obey their lawful commands. You simply do not.

Certain requirements have to be met before a cops orders are lawful. He can't tell you to do what ever he wants just because he wants you to do it. The citizen being ordered, or in this case, his victim, has the right to know why he is being ordered.

What requirements do you believe have to be met before an officer's orders are lawful

And there is NO legal requirement for a police officer to tell you why he has detained you. They only have to inform you of the charges once you arrested, if you are arrested.

That is why I say "learn your rights"

Anything a cop tells you to do is a lawful order? Bullshit. Would it be lawful for him to tell you to stand in the middle of interstate traffic? Of course not. There are limits to the orders they can lawfully give, Being an expert on cops, I'm sure you can tell us where the dividing line between lawful orders and unlawful orders is.

Well no shit Bulldog, "stand over there and shut up" is a lawful order and not even remotely close to " go stand in the middle of the road" which NO cop would order .

For fuck's sakes, you people don't want discussion, you want echo chamber.

Morons.

Look asshole. You implied that anything a cop tells you to do is a lawful order. I gave you an extreme example of something that clearly wouldn't be lawful, demonstrating that there are limits. I asked you to define that particular limit. If you don't know, then grow a pair and say you don't know. Otherwise, stop pretending to be some sort of expert on cops, you big pussy

Edited to replace the word "jerk" with "you big pussy" it just fit better.

Last edited:
Uuuh...there is a video.

I'm all for exposing the Rambo wanna be cops, but there are enough examples of that without pulling a James O'Keef. If that was what she was doing, then shame on her. It still don't think it excuses the cops behavior though.

The motivational scenario is just my speculation. But whether it was her intent or not, they showed their true colours with the excessive use of force. So whether that was her point or whether she had no such intent, either way we clearly have a problem exhibited and it's a good thing to be aware of.

The motivational scenario is just my speculation. But whether it was her intent or not, they showed their true colours with the excessive use of force. So whether that was her point or whether she had no such intent, either way we clearly have a problem exhibited and it's a good thing to be aware of.

Until cops start policing their own, it will continue.

Forum List

Back