Woman Spits In Soldier's Face

It was wrong to spit in Jane Fonda’s face. It was wrong to spit in a soldier’s face. Spitting is just wrong no matter what the reason. It shows a gross lack of class in any case.

I wish I would have read this before posting because I could have just said... "ditto."

It was wrong to spit in Jane Fonda’s face. It was wrong to spit in a soldier’s face. Spitting is just wrong no matter what the reason. It shows a gross lack of class in any case.

Yes exactly. I wonder if all these folks getting in a tizzy saying they'd punch, flog her or want to prosecute her for hate crime :rofl: would be this outraged if it a) was a woman b) wasn't an American solider c) was a person of colour?

Yes exactly. I make a bet that all these folks getting in a tizzy saying they'd punch, flog her or want to prosecute her for hate crime :rofl: wouldn't be that 'outraged' if a) it was a woman b) it wasn't an American solider c) was a person of colour.

I can't speak for anyone else here, but as for me, you're wrong. I couldn't care less if it were an American soldier or if it were a homeless man. I don't care if it is a woman doing the spitting or a 17 year old kid. My issue is with the act itself. It is vile, disgusting, degrading, and dehumanizing.

I can't speak for anyone else here, but as for me, you're wrong. I couldn't care less if it were an American soldier or if it were a homeless man. I don't care if it is a woman doing the spitting or a 17 year old kid. My issue is with the act itself. It is vile, disgusting, degrading, and dehumanizing.

Yeah Mick I know...I think it is too...I re-worded my comment.

You'll notice the neo-cons on here are surprisingly silent on this...

Big uproar when they thought they could pin this on some liberal war protestor... now nothing...

Where is their outrage? Where are their demands for President Bush to denounce his supporters spitting on servicemen? You know that if this woman had said, "I voted for Hillary Clinton"... they'd be calling for Hillary to denounce the woman's actions.

When I saw my stepdaughter spit in her mother's face, I damn near took her head off. That was the closest I ever came to hitting that child. It was shocking and disgusting. It is seared into my memory.

An update to this appauling story:

Syracuse woman explains why she spit at soldier
Posted by Jim O'Hara March 20, 2007 4:04PM

A Syracuse woman accused of spitting in the face of a Fort Drum soldier at Hancock Airport pleaded guilty today, offering an apology and an explanation.

Lauren Maggi had been verbally abused on the phone by a male acquaintance who is in the military at Fort Drum, and she "displaced her anger" when she encountered the victim as she walked through the airport, defense lawyer Louis Mannara said.

"I was crushed that people saw this as an anti-uniform, anti-war gesture," Maggi said. Maggi said she is a registered Republican who twice voted for President George W. Bush and supports the administration's war effort and the soldiers who are carrying out that mission.

Maggi, 35, pleaded guilty to second-degree harassment in connection with Nov. 22 incident.

Authorities said Maggi had walked up to Jason Jones, 21, near the United Airlines ticket counter, asked him if he was a Fort Drum soldier and then spat in his face when he said that he was.
http://blog.syracuse.com/news/2007/03/syracuse_woman_explains_why_sh.html

You were so wrong, again.

So one of "their own" did it.. tsk, tsk, tsk. Why this "treasonous bitch"
LOL LOL LOL

Big uproar when they thought they could pin this on some liberal war protestor... now nothing...

Where is their outrage? Where are their demands for President Bush to denounce his supporters spitting on servicemen? You know that if this woman had said, "I voted for Hillary Clinton"... they'd be calling for Hillary to denounce the woman's actions.

Sure, I'm going to believe an asshole that goes around spitting at perfect strangers because they are stationed at the same base as her friend. We are suppose to believe that she is a Republican? Only if I was a naive dimwit supporter of the idiots in the Democrat party, then I would believe any bullshit lie this c**t made up. It sounds like it is exactly the type of low rent garbage that the "anti-war" supporters would pull, find a soldier, spit in his face and then proclaim to any asshole that will believe you that you're really a huge supporter of our troops, The President and the war. I'm surprised she stopped there.... why didn't she claim she worked on Bush's campaigns and collected money to send care packages to the troops.

I think I would be just a bit embarrased to buy that load of crap.....are you? Oh wait, it was reported in a newspaper, it certainly must be true.Hahahahaha

Well, to sum up MY feelings on this somewhat dated subject, and one, that I was forced to deal with on my return to the States in 1968.

There is NEVER a reason, good, bad, or otherwise, to spit in someones face.

The person doing the spitting is obviously a few bricks short of a full load, and should be ostracized.

To me, spitting in someones face is ASUALT, and should be treated as such, SWIFTLY, and to a degree, that others, that are thinking along the same lines modify their behavior.

Its totally disgusting, and without ANY socially redeeming value, nor does it convey a POINT.:eusa_hand:

Oh, I disagree. I think there are plenty of people who deserve to be spat at. If I had no other means of assualting certain people, then, yes, I would spit on them. First thing that comes to mind is pedophiles who torture, rape and murder the kids. SPIT< SPIT< SPIT spit spit on em.

That silly bitch needs to be flogged. You don't spit in a soldier's face just because he was doing his/her duty. You don't spit in a soldier's face because the Commander In Chief is off his nut. You don't spit in a soldier's face...period.

You unwittingly supported her decision to spit in a soldiers face. By being demeaning to the Commander in Chief, it gives othe whacky anti war fanatics more cause to think its also ok to demean the Commanders soldiers.

You are not immune to consequences for your lack of class and civility. I know such hateful treatment of others by you will continue to come back and bite you in the ass.

Sure, I'm going to believe an asshole that goes around spitting at perfect strangers because they are stationed at the same base as her friend. We are suppose to believe that she is a Republican? Only if I was a naive dimwit supporter of the idiots in the Democrat party, then I would believe any bullshit lie this c**t made up. It sounds like it is exactly the type of low rent garbage that the "anti-war" supporters would pull, find a soldier, spit in his face and then proclaim to any asshole that will believe you that you're really a huge supporter of our troops, The President and the war. I'm surprised she stopped there.... why didn't she claim she worked on Bush's campaigns and collected money to send care packages to the troops.

I think I would be just a bit embarrased to buy that load of crap.....are you? Oh wait, it was reported in a newspaper, it certainly must be true.Hahahahaha

Denial. It's not just for Nixon anymore.

Someone needs to retitle this thread:

Republican, Bush Supporter Spits in Soldier's Face

Beacuse that's what it is.

You unwittingly supported her decision to spit in a soldiers face. By being demeaning to the Commander in Chief, it gives othe whacky anti war fanatics more cause to think its also ok to demean the Commanders soldiers.

You are not immune to consequences for your lack of class and civility. I know such hateful treatment of others by you will continue to come back and bite you in the ass.

What a load of crud...If you want to follow your leaders blindly move to Zimbabwe....

The above post reeks of trying to stifle free speech...

I don't think it has anything to do with politics and a WHOLE LOT to do with manners. I don't care who it was nor who they claimed to be representing .... the act showed a complete lack of class, IMO.

Oh, I disagree. I think there are plenty of people who deserve to be spat at. If I had no other means of assualting certain people, then, yes, I would spit on them. First thing that comes to mind is pedophiles who torture, rape and murder the kids. SPIT< SPIT< SPIT spit spit on em.

No, they deserve to be shot, and justifyably so. Spitting serves no purpose except to show the spitter as a person with a serious lack of manners.

Forum List

Back