Woman speeds then resists arrest and the officer is at fault!?

I can understand his suspicion that she might try and make a run for it.

[...]
If she did in fact commit the offense of running from him, then it's time for him to pursue and arrest her -- not before she commits the offense. He has no business detaining people on the basis of his presumptive suspicions. Just because a lot of cops are exceeding their authority and getting away with it doesn't mean it's legal.
No, it is AGAINST THE LAW to pursue people who don't pull over, unless they have warrants for them or they pose an IMMINENT THREAT (as in, they were just engaged in a shootout).

No it's not. It's against the law to resist arrest by running from the cops. For that matter, I'd say someone that is running from the cops and is doing so at high rates of speed is an imminent threat to others on the road.

If you don't want the cops saying something to you, don't give them a reason. I can say I've never been questioned by the cops for that very reason.

[...]
If she did in fact commit the offense of running from him, then it's time for him to pursue and arrest her -- not before she commits the offense. He has no business detaining people on the basis of his presumptive suspicions. Just because a lot of cops are exceeding their authority and getting away with it doesn't mean it's legal.
No, it is AGAINST THE LAW to pursue people who don't pull over, unless they have warrants for them or they pose an IMMINENT THREAT (as in, they were just engaged in a shootout).

No it's not. It's against the law to resist arrest by running from the cops. For that matter, I'd say someone that is running from the cops and is doing so at high rates of speed is an imminent threat to others on the road.

If you don't want the cops saying something to you, don't give them a reason. I can say I've never been questioned by the cops for that very reason.

Actually, running isn't "resisting". It's just eluding.

I can see your cop woody from here. You might want to put it away.

This is the problem with our country today.

Half the so-called "conservatives" aren't really conservative. They just object to the things the current regime supports. But given the chance, the employ EXACTLY the same tactics to enforce their own special version of how they think the world should be.

That's how we got trump, that's how we got the mess in politics, and that's how we got our horrific, corrupt, criminal justice system and deplorable police populations.

You asshats who whine about liberals are just fine with breaking the law if it's to promote YOUR ideology or protect YOUR buddies...and in fact you have no concept of the true nature of the law in this country, or of freedom. And THAT is why you'll always be slaves.

The woman was being arrested for speeding, and would probably have been able to post her license or a cash bond, to avoid actual jail, until she paid her fine or appeared in court.

When she refused to obey the orders of the officer to put her leg back into the car so that he could close the door, she opened herself up to the prospect of a charge of either interfering with a lawful arrest, or failure to obey the lawful orders of a law enforcement officer while acting within the scope of his office.

When she wisecracked the officer to hurry up - as though her inconvenience mattered more than this matter at-law or her obligation to be respectful to a law officer in the course of discharging his lawful duties, she opened herself up to the possibility of charges of interfering with a lawful arrest, weak as those might be.

The very split nanosecond when she failed to dismount from the vehicle with the assistance of the arresting officer, she transitioned over into the domain of resisting arrest.

When she failed to put her hands behind her back for the first time, while still standing, she compounded charges of resisting arrest.

When she continued to resist being handcuffed, while on the ground, she sealed her fate, insofar as charges of resisting arrest were concerned.

She did wrong.

The cop did right.
"Did right" according to who? He did what the law allows him to do -- if necessary. But in this example only an authoritarian asshole would consider it necessary or doing "right." I say he did wrong, and the resulting situation speaks for that.

The Austin PD is throwing the guy under the bus; chicken-shit bureaucrats and finance managers without the balls to stand their ground and stand by their own.
The Austin PD is distancing itself from a loose cannon whose pathologically racist misconduct will cost the taxpayers a lot more money than that idiot cop is worth.

Time after time, we keep seeing bad outcomes, for these Black retards, who think resisting arrest is actually going to get them somewhere.

There are White retards who do the same thing, but, proportionally, Black Folk "own" that category, nolo contendere.

The reasons don't matter.

They have to stop resisting arrest.

Or get their heads thumped.

Or die.

Their choice.

Getting arrested?

1. shut the phukk up

2. obey all orders quickly and exactly

3. give them no reason to turn violent

Your odds of survival skyrocket, if you obey those three simple rules.

You can always draw a Bad Cop, where even that won't help, but that's extemely rare, and the above three rules will prevent vast numbers of injuries and deaths.

Simple.
The bottom line to all this nonsense was seen several weeks ago in Dallas and the video of this asshole cop tossing King around like he's an MMA cage fighter is precisely the kind of provocation for the police assassinations we've been seeing. But I'll wager that thought never enters your mind, does it?

The woman was being arrested for speeding, and would probably have been able to post her license or a cash bond, to avoid actual jail, until she paid her fine or appeared in court.

When she refused to obey the orders of the officer to put her leg back into the car so that he could close the door, she opened herself up to the prospect of a charge of either interfering with a lawful arrest, or failure to obey the lawful orders of a law enforcement officer while acting within the scope of his office.

When she wisecracked the officer to hurry up - as though her inconvenience mattered more than this matter at-law or her obligation to be respectful to a law officer in the course of discharging his lawful duties, she opened herself up to the possibility of charges of interfering with a lawful arrest, weak as those might be.

The very split nanosecond when she failed to dismount from the vehicle with the assistance of the arresting officer, she transitioned over into the domain of resisting arrest.

When she failed to put her hands behind her back for the first time, while still standing, she compounded charges of resisting arrest.

When she continued to resist being handcuffed, while on the ground, she sealed her fate, insofar as charges of resisting arrest were concerned.

She did wrong.

The cop did right.
"Did right" according to who? He did what the law allows him to do -- if necessary. But in this example only an authoritarian asshole would consider it necessary or doing "right." I say he did wrong, and the resulting situation speaks for that.

The Austin PD is throwing the guy under the bus; chicken-shit bureaucrats and finance managers without the balls to stand their ground and stand by their own.
The Austin PD is distancing itself from a loose cannon whose pathologically racist misconduct will cost the taxpayers a lot more money than that idiot cop is worth.

Time after time, we keep seeing bad outcomes, for these Black retards, who think resisting arrest is actually going to get them somewhere.

There are White retards who do the same thing, but, proportionally, Black Folk "own" that category, nolo contendere.

The reasons don't matter.

They have to stop resisting arrest.

Or get their heads thumped.

Or die.

Their choice.

Getting arrested?

1. shut the phukk up

2. obey all orders quickly and exactly

3. give them no reason to turn violent

Your odds of survival skyrocket, if you obey those three simple rules.

You can always draw a Bad Cop, where even that won't help, but that's extemely rare, and the above three rules will prevent vast numbers of injuries and deaths.

Simple.
The bottom line to all this nonsense was seen several weeks ago in Dallas and the video of this asshole cop tossing King around like he's an MMA cage fighter is precisely the kind of provocation for the police assassinations we've been seeing. But I'll wager that thought never enters your mind, does it?
Being slow to obey the cops order to put her feet and legs in the car and close the door is an extremely weak reason for arrest if at all. Being rude by asking the cop to hurry up is absolutely not a reason for arrest. And since the cop did not inform King that he intended to arrest her when he "assisted" her out of the car, he actually assaulted her at this time. That precisely is the cops first major mistake with this stop. During a routine traffic stop, a cop does not have the right to lay his hands on the driver; and yes, sometimes the driver is a rude pain in the ass during a routine stop. Also, a traffic stop is not a game of Cop Says where the cop can pull a driver out of her car and arrest her for just any deviation in following orders.

King was a rude pain in the ass who was trying to weasel her way out of a ticket. The cop overreacted. Because King was being a passive pain in the ass up to this point, it arguable that the officer committed assault and battery upon her when he physically pulled her out of the car.

Last edited:
Which instruction was unecessary? I didn't hear one, I might have missed it I am slow at times.
Start with the fact that the reason for police involvement was a speeding offense. Not a felony. Not even a Class-D misdemeanor. Review the situation including the outcome and its potential consequences and it should occur to you -- just as by now it has occurred to the would-be Cossack who created it and undoubtedly has begun to seriously contemplate the value of discretion and reasoned judgment.
We will just have to disagree on this one. Placing no blame on this women is just plain n simple wrong.
The woman was being a pain in the ass. Still, it is up to the cop to be professional.
True. But cops have to b on their toes especially now, what if she would have had a gun in the car. Would u feel the same way.

Which instruction was unecessary? I didn't hear one, I might have missed it I am slow at times.
Start with the fact that the reason for police involvement was a speeding offense. Not a felony. Not even a Class-D misdemeanor. Review the situation including the outcome and its potential consequences and it should occur to you -- just as by now it has occurred to the would-be Cossack who created it and undoubtedly has begun to seriously contemplate the value of discretion and reasoned judgment.
We will just have to disagree on this one. Placing no blame on this women is just plain n simple wrong.
The woman was being a pain in the ass. Still, it is up to the cop to be professional.
True. But cops have to b on their toes especially now, what if she would have had a gun in the car. Would u feel the same way.
Since there are infinite possibilities of "What if", let's limit this to what actually happened.

Proceeding with your "what if," what if he didn't push this speeding ticket issue to the maximum level and instead had just told King to stand there and wait until he ran her ID, issued her a ticket and went on his way, ignoring her silly questions and harmless belligerence. But he had to assert his authority -- and what did Mr. SuperCop accomplish?

[...]

Actually, running isn't "resisting". It's just eluding.

I can see your cop woody from here. You might want to put it away.

Hey you dumb bitch, it's still illegal.

Hope whenever you act like a smartass to police they treat you accordingly.

Here is a novel idea. Don't speed. If you do get pulled over by a police officer, stay in your car, keep both hands on the steering wheel, show them your drivers license and insurance papers when they request to see them.

Show them the respect they deserve and comply with their orders. Do what they ask you to do and you shouldn't have any trouble.
BLM would respond, "That's very white of you."

Forum List

Back