Woman Sleeps Through Tornado that Destroys Her House

TruthOut10

Dec 3, 2012
A woman has miraculously slept through a tornado as it devastated her house on Thursday night. Betty Russell, who is set to turn 77 years old on Dec. 26, has testified that she believes angels kept her safe as she slept that night, not even waking as a tornado ravaged the rest of her home, leaving her completely unharmed.

Russell has lived to tell the tale of how she slept through the entire storm, thanks to randomly falling asleep on her sofa that night, rather than in her usual spot in her bedroom. She in fact slept so well that she only finally woke when firefighters and neighbors came to check on her after seeing the damage to her home.

Russell has said, “I didn’t know I was that heavy a sleeper. It had caved in the south side of my house and honestly I didn’t hear it. I cannot believe I didn’t hear it but I didn’t,” according to The Associated Press.

The 76 year old woke to find the entire side of her house completely torn off, and a massive hole in the ceiling of her bedroom, where incidentally she would normally have been sleeping.

Her grandson, Scott Russell, who is just 13 years old, also said, “There is a huge hole right where her bed is. She usually goes to sleep in that bedroom, but for some reason she didn’t do it this time and she was saved.”

Woman Sleeps Through Tornado that Destroys Her House | Black Blue Dog

Yes angels were looking over her.....Or you can conjure up some mathematical probability that from the position of the tornado to where she slept, it was nothing short of....luck.

It's amazing what the human body will do when it's tired.

I once had a similar experience, but it was mortar rounds, not a tornado. I slept right through 8 or10 rounds landing near, and even IN our little 12 man perimeter, and never heard or felt a thing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back