Woman silenced by school

It’s hard to ban guns when a movement within your country exists for no other reason than to flood the streets woh guns. That has to be addressed first.

I'm glad we don't have that going on. That would be bad.
Yeah, it would be so bad if we had 400+ million guns in the country. Oh whoops...

I bet you even supported Obama running guns across the border to drug dealers.

Sick people you are
Law enforcement uses many strategies to meet their ends. I disagree with many of them. Do you? You certainly didn’t complain when Dubya was doing it.

It will continue in various forms no matter who is in office or what laws you pass.

Shrug, people suck.

But how many consider the lives of people who had been saved because they had a gun?

People have a right to defend themselves, even against law enforcement if need be, and not wait around to be helped when they have no time to wait.

Freedom is messy and chaotic. It can be dangerous, and it certainly requires responsibility.

It is, however, vastly preferable to the alternative, where you trade freedom for the illusion of safety.

You complain more about that than about them being slaughtered. Very telling.

I am all ears for solutions, but banning guns is not a solution.

If you ban guns tomorrow you still have the same problem

In fact, Chicago banned guns as well, only to find out, that it does nothing but make things worse, to they repealed the ban.

Instead, schools should focus on keeping their building secure like they do government buildings where none of this is an issue, yet the government continues to protect themselves and ignore the schools that get shot up every week.

Very telling.

And no, ripping out kids in school, who do well just to read and write, to protest means nothing to anyone. All it does is show the outrageous way they are exploited by the teachers and press.
It’s hard to ban guns when a movement within your country exists for no other reason than to flood the streets woh guns. That has to be addressed first.

Yeah, it would be so bad if we had 400+ million guns in the country. Oh whoops...

I'm glad it's not happening. Here's a question, do you know what's been happening to the crime rates as your fear fantasy has unfolded? I mean, you're afraid of all the guns and things, surely the crime rates are blowing the roof off, right?
Been going down for decades. Same as the percent of households with a gun.

I bet you even supported Obama running guns across the border to drug dealers.

Sick people you are
Law enforcement uses many strategies to meet their ends. I disagree with many of them. Do you? You certainly didn’t complain when Dubya was doing it.

It will continue in various forms no matter who is in office or what laws you pass.

Shrug, people suck.

But how many consider the lives of people who had been saved because they had a gun?

People have a right to defend themselves, even against law enforcement if need be, and not wait around to be helped when they have no time to wait.

Freedom is messy and chaotic. It can be dangerous, and it certainly requires responsibility.

It is, however, vastly preferable to the alternative, where you trade freedom for the illusion of safety.

I think the list is growing in terms of those who prefer safety over freedom.

That's why I always say, jail is the ultimate safe zone for Dims. Everything is free, medical, housing, food, clothing, etc. Everyone dresses the same and lives the same so there is social equality. And every day is gay pride day. There is virtually no place that is safer.

Women need to learn their place in the new liberal academia like they did back in the day chained to a stove.
Conservatives just sue them into silence or pay them off. Trump style.
liberals just scream RACIST until they lose their voice then tag someone else in to do it.
Never lost my voice calling a racist a racist. Is your voice super rested from ignoring and condoning racism?

I am all ears for solutions, but banning guns is not a solution.

If you ban guns tomorrow you still have the same problem

In fact, Chicago banned guns as well, only to find out, that it does nothing but make things worse, to they repealed the ban.

Instead, schools should focus on keeping their building secure like they do government buildings where none of this is an issue, yet the government continues to protect themselves and ignore the schools that get shot up every week.

Very telling.

And no, ripping out kids in school, who do well just to read and write, to protest means nothing to anyone. All it does is show the outrageous way they are exploited by the teachers and press.

I'm glad it's not happening. Here's a question, do you know what's been happening to the crime rates as your fear fantasy has unfolded? I mean, you're afraid of all the guns and things, surely the crime rates are blowing the roof off, right?
Been going down for decades. Same as the percent of households with a gun.

So more guns =/= more crime.

To me, that girl should've grabbed another microphone if there was one and if there wasn't one, she should've just remained where she stood and finished saying what she had to say with a raised voice.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

I have a feeling the school told her not to talk about it because she was going to give names. If she's only 17, one could probably assume the alleged perp was also a minor, which is even more restricted. Either way though the school would have no choice but to shut her down because you can't be talking names in public like that (especially of minors,) and especially if the case was still under investigation - aka the perp is presumed innocent until proven guilty and so forth.

School cuts off California valedictorian’s mic when she mentions alleged sexual assaults on campus

School administrators reportedly tried to silence the valedictorian of Petaluma High School in Petaluma, California, when she went off-script and talked about alleged sexual assaults on the campus.

What happened?

Lulabel Seitz, 17, said administrators cut off her microphone about halfway through her speech to her graduating class, ABC News reported. She was about to say how the school allegedly fails to seriously consider victims’ assault reports.

Seitz said she decided to publicly talk about being assaulted even though administrators allegedly pressured her to not mention it during her speech. They reportedly went as far as pulling her out of a class to give her a warning.

“They made all these rules to prevent me from speaking,” Seitz told ABC News. “So I decided to use the opportunity to bring it up.”

“They told me to be quiet; told me I can’t talk about it,” she continued. “I realized that this is a big injustice and needs to be spoken about.”

About four minutes into her speech, Seitz began introducing the topic of sexual assaults. Administrators then allegedly cut the power to her mic.

In a video of her speech, some audience members are heard chanting, “Let her speak!”

Seitz decided to continue without a microphone, and later posted her full speech on YouTube. Instead of her #MeToo moment remaining a local issue, it has morphed into a national one.

Petaluma City Schools gave ABC the following statement:

Administrators and staff in Petaluma City Schools care deeply about the safety and well being of our students. Due to student privacy issues, we cannot and should not respond with specific information. We can say that when issues of sexual assault come to our attention, local law enforcement has initial jurisdiction and determines the course of action.

When was she assaulted?

Seitz planned to bring up her account of a student that assaulted her last fall, she told ABC News.

Administrators did not suspend or expel her alleged assailant but instead pressured her to keep quiet.

“They told me not to speak about it,” Seitz said.

The decision to publicly air her story was not an easy one, Seitz told media
Wrong place wrong time..

School cuts off California valedictorian’s mic when she mentions alleged sexual assaults on campus

School administrators reportedly tried to silence the valedictorian of Petaluma High School in Petaluma, California, when she went off-script and talked about alleged sexual assaults on the campus.

What happened?

Lulabel Seitz, 17, said administrators cut off her microphone about halfway through her speech to her graduating class, ABC News reported. She was about to say how the school allegedly fails to seriously consider victims’ assault reports.

Seitz said she decided to publicly talk about being assaulted even though administrators allegedly pressured her to not mention it during her speech. They reportedly went as far as pulling her out of a class to give her a warning.

“They made all these rules to prevent me from speaking,” Seitz told ABC News. “So I decided to use the opportunity to bring it up.”

“They told me to be quiet; told me I can’t talk about it,” she continued. “I realized that this is a big injustice and needs to be spoken about.”

About four minutes into her speech, Seitz began introducing the topic of sexual assaults. Administrators then allegedly cut the power to her mic.

In a video of her speech, some audience members are heard chanting, “Let her speak!”

Seitz decided to continue without a microphone, and later posted her full speech on YouTube. Instead of her #MeToo moment remaining a local issue, it has morphed into a national one.

Administrators and staff in Petaluma City Schools care deeply about the safety and well being of our students. Due to student privacy issues, we cannot and should not respond with specific information. We can say that when issues of sexual assault come to our attention, local law enforcement has initial jurisdiction and determines the course of action.

When was she assaulted?

Seitz planned to bring up her account of a student that assaulted her last fall, she told ABC News.

Administrators did not suspend or expel her alleged assailant but instead pressured her to keep quiet.

Typical school bs, protecting criminals who prey upon our children.

What happened?

When was she assaulted?

What a liberal stance to take :thup:

What, freedom of speech?

At universities around the country free speech has been denied for some time, whether they are shouted down or silenced with "safe zones" or having conservatives prohibited from speaking.

No, the new liberal are conservatives. The modern liberal is a fascist.
This isn’t even a University. Good for the girl for spreadingthe #MeToo movement. And look how smart she is, she even got a Trump sheep to listen.

The high schools are just as liberal.

Children are ripped out of class and told to protest guns.

Mention liking Trump or bring a Bible to school and all hell breaks loose.
How do they mend the rend?

What happened?

When was she assaulted?

Wrong place wrong time..

Like at an NFL game?

To me, that girl should've grabbed another microphone if there was one and if there wasn't one, she should've just remained where she stood and finished saying what she had to say with a raised voice.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly
Essentially, that's what she did.

What happened?

When was she assaulted?

Wrong place wrong time..

Who decides right place and right time for correcting a wrong?

Women need to learn their place in the new liberal academia like they did back in the day chained to a stove.

Her rights were not violated. No school has the obligation to provide a venue for any speaker.

If she wants to talk about it then she can in any of a number of different places

Forum List

Back