Woman reportedly cannot hear men’s voices due to rare hearing disorder

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012

XIAMEN, China — A woman in China has a rare hearing disorder – she can no longer hear men’s voices.

The woman, identified as Chen, woke up one day unable to hear her boyfriend speak, according to Forbes.

The condition is called reverse slope hearing loss, which means she can’t hear low frequencies – which includes the average male voice, Forbes reports.

“She was able to hear me when I spoke to her, but when a young male patient walked in, she couldn’t hear him at all,” Lin Xiaoqing, the doctor who treated Chen, said, according to the Daily Mail.

Doctors say that the condition is usually caused by genetics, but that stress and a lack of sleep are considered contributing factors too, according to Fox News.

The condition is expected to be temporary and she is reportedly expected to fully recover.

This woman is a genius. I'm going to try this one.

"Honey! Do you think you could do the dishes tonight?"

"I'm sorry. I suffer from reverse slope hearing loss."

Who the heck can hear them when they are tied up in the basement?

I wasn't aware that was a general malady that women suffered concerning men's voices, but I have long known that a daughter rarely hears a single word her father says..

XIAMEN, China — A woman in China has a rare hearing disorder – she can no longer hear men’s voices.

The woman, identified as Chen, woke up one day unable to hear her boyfriend speak, according to Forbes.

The condition is called reverse slope hearing loss, which means she can’t hear low frequencies – which includes the average male voice, Forbes reports.

“She was able to hear me when I spoke to her, but when a young male patient walked in, she couldn’t hear him at all,” Lin Xiaoqing, the doctor who treated Chen, said, according to the Daily Mail.

Doctors say that the condition is usually caused by genetics, but that stress and a lack of sleep are considered contributing factors too, according to Fox News.

The condition is expected to be temporary and she is reportedly expected to fully recover.

This woman is a genius. I'm going to try this one.

"Honey! Do you think you could do the dishes tonight?"

"I'm sorry. I suffer from reverse slope hearing loss."
Ok, like, how rare is this?

Any chance we could get this in a pill ?

"Sorry honey, I can't hear you, I have this rare hearing problem that won't let me hear female voices."

If they could reverse it so that men couldn't hear when women were talking to them, they could sell it in a bottle and make millions!!!

Men do have a better ability than women to concentrate on one task and filter out other inputs.

Women are the opposite, they can hear and participate in more than one conversation at a time. My ex-wife does this all the time when I'm on the phone with her.

Men do have a better ability than women to concentrate on one task and filter out other inputs.

Women are the opposite, they can hear and participate in more than one conversation at a time. My ex-wife does this all the time when I'm on the phone with her.

Why are you on the phone with your ex-wife? I ignore mine. Its kind of a hobby of mine.

Forum List

Back