Woman Puts Up 'Whites Only' Rental Sign

They would be incorrect. But it may be based upon the idea that racism from minorities is less consequential because they don't have as much power to oppress people.

May just as well be. However, I still stand by my statement that all ethnics/races are racist, the only difference comes at individual level.

I don't know about that. They have award ceremonies specifically for Black people. What would happen if they tried to make an awards ceremony specifically for White people?

The reason why Blacks have 'an awards ceremony'... not sure which Black awards ceremony you're refering to - sorry a bit sheltered from popular US culture... is because they are considered an ethnic minority. There's a whole body of scholarship that deals what 'an ethnic minority' means and what rights do they have within countries, and vis-a-vis the majority population or majority ethnic (which I guess would be 'whites' in USA). For example, Kurds in Turkey have also their own newspapers and radio channels and tv channel... Yeah, not a perfect example. However, you can't take US black community out of the historical context of former slavery and segregation...it's essential to understanding why things are the way they are.

However, I do see how people could and would argue against these things... if genuinely concerned about equal status. At the same time, I don't think having a Black awards ceremony proves that Blacks are more racist than whites - by any stretch of imagination.

No, it just proves that racism in blacks is acceptable while it's not acceptable in whites.

Racism is racism is RACISM. No matter what color or race you are, if you hate or discriminate against someone else for reasons of race, you have racism issues and it IS racism. Period.

Could you imagine:

White Entertainment TV (WET)
White Television Awards
White gospel
the list goes on and on

I accept that whites perpetrated racism in the past. I am here NOW and I DONT.

Last edited:
Falls police say woman put up racist sign

NIAGARA FALLS—Two days after a man was sentenced to probation and community service for putting up a sign as a “joke” in a public works garage that said “whites only” on a drinking fountain, city police were called to a home in the 600 block of 25th Street on Sunday to investigate another racially charged sign.

This one was clearly no joke.

No charges were filed Sunday, but police told the woman she must take down the handwritten sign on a fence on her property saying, “I rent three bedrooms [at her address to] white people Niagara Falls.”

The 53-year-old woman told police she put up the sign after someone tried to break into her house and added, “I can do what I want. I live in America,” according to a police report.

Police said they received complaints and she must take the sign down. An officer at the scene said the woman agreed to take down the sign under protest. The officer said the woman already had seven more signs she was planning to hang up.

Falls police say woman put up racist sign : Police Blotter : The Buffalo News

This can't be racism, it happened in New York. According to people like Neser Boha and Coloradomtnman, all the racists and backward ass country fucks are down south. Thus, this must be something OTHER THAN racism. It just LOOKS like racism, but it isn't. Everyone knows that people north of the Mason Dixon line aren't racists.

Ergo, not racism.

Hmm... where have I claimed that again? I'll tell ya ... nowhere.

I think people should be able to rent to who ever they want to.

I do too. I also think all discrimination laws such as restaurants not being able to discriminate should be abolished.(I'm serious)

You shouldn't even need the "I'm serious" at the end. There's nothing irrational about that statement. People should have the right to restrict access to their private property in whatever way they please.

Here is a question for your all, while I was watching "High School Reunion" some black chick on the show got VERY offended because a white guy looked at her old high school picture and said she looked like buckwheat. To be honest with you in that picture she really did resemble buckwheat but the man that made the comparision was then labeled a racist for making that statement. How could that be any different than when someone who has freckles and red hair gets called Opie or Howdie doodie is that suppose to be racist because it represents a stereotypical t.v. iconic character? People are way to ridiculous about what they consider racist and racism.

Forum List

Back