Woman Puts Up 'Whites Only' Rental Sign

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
Falls police say woman put up racist sign

NIAGARA FALLS—Two days after a man was sentenced to probation and community service for putting up a sign as a “joke” in a public works garage that said “whites only” on a drinking fountain, city police were called to a home in the 600 block of 25th Street on Sunday to investigate another racially charged sign.

This one was clearly no joke.

No charges were filed Sunday, but police told the woman she must take down the handwritten sign on a fence on her property saying, “I rent three bedrooms [at her address to] white people Niagara Falls.”

The 53-year-old woman told police she put up the sign after someone tried to break into her house and added, “I can do what I want. I live in America,” according to a police report.

Police said they received complaints and she must take the sign down. An officer at the scene said the woman agreed to take down the sign under protest. The officer said the woman already had seven more signs she was planning to hang up.

Falls police say woman put up racist sign : Police Blotter : The Buffalo News

If she were jewish and lived in israel then she could claim that forcing her to take the sign down is nothing short of joooo hating antisemitism.

There is racism everywhere.

Too bad people can't just adopt a "live and let live" attitude.

And.....yep......knew I could count on the Shit Run to pop his little head outta the cave he is in to squeal about the Jews.

Hey Shit Run.......when's your conversion date to become islamic?

I'm as atheist as they come, pipsqueak. When is your graduation date from Holyfucktard University? I hear they have an "allah is a demon" major there.

Now that we have a black president.

Racism is a thing of the past.

All of these discrimination laws belong to anothe era and should be erased from the books.

as a former real estate agent...there are reasons that people are blocked from things like this...you allow this to start and you will be amazed who they opt not to rent too...for example ...a lot of landlords do not like to rent to people with kids...they would take pets over kids...i think the current laws address the situation well...if she wants whites only then she cannot advertise it to the public...she will have to find herself white renters off the public market

as a former real estate agent...there are reasons that people are blocked from things like this...you allow this to start and you will be amazed who they opt not to rent too...for example ...a lot of landlords do not like to rent to people with kids...they would take pets over kids...i think the current laws address the situation well...if she wants whites only then she cannot advertise it to the public...she will have to find herself white renters off the public market

So, landlords can discriminate as to whom they rent, as long as they don't advertise it?

I suppose that makes some semblance of sense.

See, I hate renting to people with kids or pets, they tear up shit and then I got to deal with the headache of repairing it.

I do too. I also think all discrimination laws such as restaurants not being able to discriminate should be abolished.(I'm serious)

Really???

Why?

Personal/private property rights.:cool:

I suppose the same could be said about water fountains.

As I see it, if you open your private property to the public (such as a restaurant), then you should not be able to discriminate indiscriminantly (nice wording!).

However, if you choose to have a by-invitation-only establishment, then you can do whatever you want.

I'm not sure if this is racism or not. In some parts of the country, it is legal for you to discriminate if you rent 1-4 properties. I'd also have to know her motivation. I have some Mexican friends (living here legally, btw) who have about 12 rental properties and will not rent to blacks because they've had such bad luck with them. They say that it may look racist, but their experience has been that they destroy the property and do not pay their rent.

Really???

Why?

As I see it, if you open your private property to the public (such as a restaurant), then you should not be able to discriminate indiscriminantly (nice wording!).

However, if you choose to have a by-invitation-only establishment, then you can do whatever you want.

I don't think the State should dictate weather I can smoke in my personal car or if I can allow or ban it from my restaurant or personal/private property. Public fountains,public buildings and facilities are different, they are paid for and managed by all.

See, I hate renting to people with kids or pets, they tear up shit and then I got to deal with the headache of repairing it.

I can see that one can advertise "No Pets" because the potential renter has the option to properly dispose of the pet. However, the same can't (legally) be done with children. But I also think it is appropriate for you as a property owner to tell a potential renter that you cannot rent to them because of the kids, just not advertise it.

An interesting twist: senior citizen condos will only rent to people over 55 or 65...

I don't think the State should dictate weather I can smoke in my personal car or if I can allow or ban it from my restaurant or personal/private property. Public fountains,public buildings and facilities are different, they are paid for and managed by all.

Are we talking about smoking or serving food to blacks?

Are we talking about smoking or serving food to blacks?

I'm discussing private property rights, you seem to be discussing serving food to blacks,lol.

Forum List

Back