Woman Loses Benefits Over Facebook Photos

I don't know that the suicide rate was higher in the 40's and 50's. I do know that most of the women in my neighborhood were on tranquilizers--they were prescribed like candy in the 50's and 60's. Sort of confirms what I mentioned earlier--these women were all "housewives" and didn't have to worry about how to pay the mortgage and the other bills. Personally, I don't think it is bad for a person to go through low periods as well as happy periods. It's something we all have to do at times. But we all don't have the luxury to curl up in a ball and let someone else take over our lives.
Maybe they were depressed because they would rather have been out working and paying the mortgage and bills themselves? You have a very simplistic view of depression if you think it's just a low period.

There is depression and then there is DEPRESSION. The former is you don't like how things in your life are going at the moment the other is you don't like your self your life or anyone or anything in it. These are very different problems. Everyone goes through the former at times some of us almost daily. I've got osteoathritis of the spine. I wake up in pain almost daily. I get buy on 450 to 1500 milligams of naproxen sodium a day. This tends to affect my outlook on life and my mood time to time but then what else would you expect? I am not however clinically depressed I also work a forty hour work week as a machinist. And frankly most of the people diagnosed as clinically depressed aren't either. Neither are most of the people diagnosed as adhd or add. A goodly number of the latter suffer only one problem. They are young males in a milieu dominated by adult females - grade schools - who don't act like girls.

I don't know that the suicide rate was higher in the 40's and 50's. I do know that most of the women in my neighborhood were on tranquilizers--they were prescribed like candy in the 50's and 60's. Sort of confirms what I mentioned earlier--these women were all "housewives" and didn't have to worry about how to pay the mortgage and the other bills. Personally, I don't think it is bad for a person to go through low periods as well as happy periods. It's something we all have to do at times. But we all don't have the luxury to curl up in a ball and let someone else take over our lives.
Maybe they were depressed because they would rather have been out working and paying the mortgage and bills themselves? You have a very simplistic view of depression if you think it's just a low period.

No, my personal feeling is that many claim to be depressed when someone else is there to clean up the day to day details of their lives. They don't feel a responsibility to take care of themselves because they can always find someone to do it for them. Then there are others who muddle through bad periods because they don't see any other choices--and they're better off for it. Obviously it is better for your mental state to be out in the world, doing something productive, than sitting home alone completely focused on how you feel.

Forum List

Back