Woman joins FDNY despite failing crucial fitness test

If you can't physically handle the job, you should not be doing it, especially where lives are at stake. Absolutely awful imho.
Amen to this. If you can't deliver in the way that it is really needed, then what difference will you actually make if any?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The FDNY for the first time in its history will allow someone who failed its crucial physical fitness test to join the Bravest, The Post has learned.

Rebecca Wax, 33, is set to graduate Tuesday from the Fire Academy without passing the Functional Skills Training test, a grueling obstacle course of job-related tasks performed in full gear with a limited air supply, an insider has revealed.

“They’re going to allow the first person to graduate without passing because this administration has lowered the standard,” said the insider, who is familiar with the training.

Upon graduation, Wax would be assigned to a firehouse and tasked with the full duties of a firefighter.

Some FDNY members are angry.

“We’re being asked to go into a fire with someone who isn’t 100 percent qualified,” the source said. “Our job is a team effort. If there’s a weak link in the chain, either civilians or our members can die.”

Woman to become NY firefighter despite failing crucial fitness test New York Post

First time in FDNY history, they allow someone to become a firefighter who failed the physical test.

Everyday folks, you will find another reason why the left wing politically correct assholes are fucking morons, and you will find another reason to hate them.

Well. That's stupid. Hopefully she only manages to get herself killed and doesn't take someone with her.

If your life is at risk, would you want a person who failed the physical to become a firefighter?

The liability even having her one the force is not worth it. She puts everyone at risk.

^^^ And everyone includes the other firefighters who are obviously going to have to carry her weight on top of their own. I hope that they are complaining because I sure would if I was in their spot!

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

New Topics

Forum List

Back