Woman in Yemen Burned to Death for Her Faith

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
People convert to other religions all the time. If Muslims in the U.S. convert to other religions or become Atheists, I hope we will not see such things here.

Woman in Yemen Burned to Death for Her Faith
Brother, brother-in-law said to have sabotaged cooking oil bottle.
August 29, 2014 By Our Middle East Correspondent - Leave a Comment

Nazeera receiving hospital treatment after fire attack. (Morning Star News via Saeed)

ISTANBUL (Morning Star News) – On the morning of June 9 in southern Yemen, Saeed woke to the sound of screaming. He shot out of bed, pushed panicked family members aside and saw his wife stumbling out of their kitchen, engulfed in flames.

His wife, Nazeera, had been preparing breakfast at about 9 a.m. when she poured liquid from a cooking oil bottle into a hot pan. The liquid flashed, and the bottle exploded. While her four children watched, screaming, Nazeera was being burned alive.

“I rushed out of the room,” Saeed (full name undisclosed for security reasons) told Morning Star News, weeping. “I couldn’t even speak to ask her what happened. All I could think about was putting the fire out and then getting her to the hospital. But my 16-year-old son, he couldn’t stop himself and held on to her, hugging her while she was burning. He got hurt, and I had to pull him away from her.”

Continue reading at:

Morningstar News First Light Before the Dawn

Forum List

Back