Woman facing slavery charges for forcing illegal teenager to work

Oh its quite possible that she is a disgusting human being who was ripping off the system. But that's not what she's charged with.

You bold the first part but not the second part.

but Lucinda allegedly made him clean up about 60 yards in the trailer park she lives in off Old Statesville Road. She's also accused of making him sell beer and food out of her trailer.
60 yards. Plus making him commit a illegal act by selling beer out of her trailer. She was exploiting the young man that was put in her care.
My question is this: why is the wetback here in the first place? He's old enough- ship the fucker back where he came from.

Last edited:
What the hell, there's nothing wrong with it right? After all, they're just illegals. They should be employed. Bring 'em in and put 'em to work! Just not on the payroll.

Minors selling beer? Not a problem. They should be shoved out on the street corners too, with their identification taken away so they can't run. Gotta earn their keep.

I'd rather see all of them dragged across the border in hand cuffs but you wouldn't like that either would you?

Actually I don't want them here either. But child exploitation, slavery and trafficking is a much, much more disgusting thing in my opinion than the kid's illegal status.

Why do two wrongs make a right?

At 17, he's hardly a child.

The proper response here? Send his ass back and charge her with aiding and abetting.

Anyone who has taken advantage of illegal alien labor, is guilty of the same crime

18 year olds can sell beer. It may have been illegal beer, but that's not what she's charged with. My guess is that might warrant a fine.

He was placed in her care by the Dept of Human Services. Her "favor" to her friend was to give him food and shelter because I guarantee, the state could find no other place to put him. Except on the streets. That was the father's choice, and his own, when he turned 18. He's been there since '09

25 years in jail? Puhleez. If we jailed every caretaker who sucked at it..

It would not surprise me if she was getting foster care money. And daddy prob wanted a cut.

18 year olds can sell beer. It may have been illegal beer, but that's not what she's charged with. My guess is that might warrant a fine.

He was placed in her care by the Dept of Human Services. Her "favor" to her friend was to give him food and shelter because I guarantee, the state could find no other place to put him. Except on the streets.

What about back in fucking mexico?

For fuck's sake when i was a kid my stepfather used to wake me up at 5 AM to chop wood, lug stones and mow the lawn. I worked 8 -10 hours a day and never got paid.

Someone tell this fucking freeloading illegal slime ball to stop his fucking whining.

That's a custodial parent having his child do legitimate household chores. Not a woman getting paid to feed and house you but with no legal authority whatsoever forcing you as a minor to sell beer, which is against the law, and work for others without pay.

Big difference.

Yeah god forbid an illegal freeloader has to work.

I thought they were taking our jobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a custodial parent having his child do legitimate household chores. Not a woman getting paid to feed and house you but with no legal authority whatsoever forcing you as a minor to sell beer, which is against the law, and work for others without pay.

Big difference.

Which should be more than obvious to anyone with an ounce of sense. :bang3:

He was placed in her care by the Dept of Human Services. Her "favor" to her friend was to give him food and shelter because I guarantee, the state could find no other place to put him. Except on the streets.

What about back in fucking mexico?

Under the Homeland Security Act of 2002, which abolished INS and created the Department of Homeland Security, the care and placement of illegal immigrant children was transferred to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Children would fall under the purview of social service and not federal law enforcement

Foster parents are reimbursed for costs of feeding their charges and ensuring they experience "environment" _ which can mean trips to parks and malls.

Foster Program for Immigrants Criticized - washingtonpost.com

Interesting article if you want to read the whole thing. Some smugglers encourage parents to abandon their minor children and leave them in the "care of family or friend". More money that way.

Sooooo. My guess is that she was getting money for the few months until he turned 18. Then he had to start working for his keep. Sounds like the DHS never followed up on his deportation hearing. Surprise, surprise.

If she gets convicted, she might want to pursue a civil suit against the DHS. Foster parents are supposed to go through training. :doubt:

According to what I've read, he was seventeen, about to turn eighteen. So apparently this woman was taking money from the government and the boy and withholding his birth certificate and threatening to ask ICE to deport him if he didn't perform.

:eusa_eh:

And this woman is justified how?

He was placed in her care by the Dept of Human Services. Her "favor" to her friend was to give him food and shelter because I guarantee, the state could find no other place to put him. Except on the streets. That was the father's choice, and his own, when he turned 18. He's been there since '09

25 years in jail? Puhleez. If we jailed every caretaker who sucked at it..

It would not surprise me if she was getting foster care money. And daddy prob wanted a cut.

While the article claims he was "placed" by DHS, the defendant herself tells a different story. And nowhere does it state she was a foster parent, or that Carlos was a ward of the State. It sounds like his actual custodial status is unknown, and she was not a licensed foster parent under the law.

While DHS was certainly involved at some level and gave their blessing to the arrangement at some point, it's clear according to her statement and the language used that they neither initiated the arrangement nor was she a legal foster parent. If she had been, she would have been acting under color of government authority and the Federal indictment and subsequent story would be much, much different. So would her defense.

There are many different levels of potential State involvement, how exactly they fit in here is unknown at this time. But believe me, if a newspaper has a reason to kick DHS in the nads by stating "Foster parent indicted on slavery counts" it will do so. Nothing sells like outrage over neglect by child welfare agencies and people paid to be foster parents who abuse and neglect their foster kids. They could not state this, because either it is unknown or not true. Very few things are as black and white as a headline or short title makes them appear.

The boy was also a minor at the time these alleged incidents took place, which is both made very clear in the story and obvious to anyone who realizes that DHS doesn't involve itself with where adults live and with whom.

Some people, including the defendant in the this case, seem to think that a person with illegal status cannot also be a victim of a crime. The fact is, that just ain't so. They are two separate issues, and not mutually exclusive.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back