Woman facing slavery charges for forcing illegal teenager to work

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - A north Charlotte woman faces federal slavery-related charges involving an illegal immigrant teenager, but she says the charges are a bunch of hogwash.

According to the indictment, the Department of Health and Human Services put an illegal immigrant referred to as CRB -- who Lucinda identifies as Carlos Alberto Montes Salvador -- in Lucinda's care in February 2009. Lucinda says Carlos was 17 and about to turn 18 at the time.

The indictment says Carlos wasn't supposed to work, but Lucinda allegedly made him clean up about 60 yards in the trailer park she lives in off Old Statesville Road. She's also accused of making him sell beer and food out of her trailer.

She's also accused of not feeding Carlos right and demanding money from him.

Lucinda says she's was doing Carlos's father -- who she says is also an illegal immigrant -- a favor by agreeing to care for Carlos in return for help with her rent money.

"I didn't know what all I was getting into," Lucinda said, "but I can tell you it'll be a cold day in hell before I help somebody else."

If convicted of both the charges against her, Lucinda faces a maximum of 25 years in prison.

Charlotte woman faces slavery-related charges involving illegal - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC-

Ok. If I am reading this correctly, the DHS put this illegal teenager in her care. She made him do chores around the house (which apparently is illegal for illegals). The father, also an illegal, was obviously unfit to care for him. And now he's pressing charges against his former friend. Is that it?

If the woman had an American foster child, or had her own kids do chores, would she be facing 25 years in jail? Incredible.

No good deed goes unpunished.

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - A north Charlotte woman faces federal slavery-related charges involving an illegal immigrant teenager, but she says the charges are a bunch of hogwash.

According to the indictment, the Department of Health and Human Services put an illegal immigrant referred to as CRB -- who Lucinda identifies as Carlos Alberto Montes Salvador -- in Lucinda's care in February 2009. Lucinda says Carlos was 17 and about to turn 18 at the time.

The indictment says Carlos wasn't supposed to work, but Lucinda allegedly made him clean up about 60 yards in the trailer park she lives in off Old Statesville Road. She's also accused of making him sell beer and food out of her trailer.

She's also accused of not feeding Carlos right and demanding money from him.

Lucinda says she's was doing Carlos's father -- who she says is also an illegal immigrant -- a favor by agreeing to care for Carlos in return for help with her rent money.

"I didn't know what all I was getting into," Lucinda said, "but I can tell you it'll be a cold day in hell before I help somebody else."

If convicted of both the charges against her, Lucinda faces a maximum of 25 years in prison.
Charlotte woman faces slavery-related charges involving illegal - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC-

Ok. If I am reading this correctly, the DHS put this illegal teenager in her care. She made him do chores around the house (which apparently is illegal for illegals). The father, also an illegal, was obviously unfit to care for him. And now he's pressing charges against his former friend. Is that it?

If the woman had an American foster child, or had her own kids do chores, would she be facing 25 years in jail? Incredible.

No good deed goes unpunished.
Chores around the house? Did you read your own link?

Cleaning the yard and "allegedly selling beer and food". Doesn't sound like hard labor to me. And the indictment said he wasn't supposed to work at all. He is now over 18. WTF?

If the details of this story are accurate then she wasn't a foster parent, she was exploting her ward.

IF we have the whole story...which I doubt...as usual.

Oh its quite possible that she is a disgusting human being who was ripping off the system. But that's not what she's charged with.

You bold the first part but not the second part.

but Lucinda allegedly made him clean up about 60 yards in the trailer park she lives in off Old Statesville Road. She's also accused of making him sell beer and food out of her trailer.

60 yards. Plus making him commit a illegal act by selling beer out of her trailer. She was exploiting the young man that was put in her care.

It's also alleged that she was withholding his birth certificate. That's an indication of force.

If the allegations are true, the charges are warranted. She took a minor into her home unsupervised by any legal entity in exchange for money, kept him there by withholding his identification and forced him to perform illegal acts for her own enrichment and labor in contravention of the agreement between her and the parent.

Sounds like exploitation to me. The "in furtherance of trafficking" part is interesting. Was she planning to sell him off? Make the father buy him back?

If there were no evidence whatsoever, particularly under the circumstances with illegals involved, no prosecutor is going to bring charges on a case bound to turn high profile. The question is what evidence and how much can be substantiated, which nobody will know until and unless it goes to court.

So there's obviously something there. Exactly what, we don't know.

Oh its quite possible that she is a disgusting human being who was ripping off the system. But that's not what she's charged with.

Well...if the story is the whole story, then she was enslaving her ward.

And worse, she was, at the same time, RIPPING off the state, too, since she was getting PAID to be a foster parent

IF we're geting the whole story, of course.

Per usual, the devil really is in the details.

Well...if the story is the whole story, then she was enslaving her ward.

And worse, she was, at the same time, RIPPING off the state, too, since she was getting PAID to be a foster parent

IF we're geting the whole story, of course.

Per usual, the devil really is in the details.

No, she wasn't a foster parent. If you read it closely, she took the boy in as a "favor" to the father in exchange for rent money.

There was no State involvement. Not that exploitation isn't rampant in some foster homes, but it wasn't the case this time. It was a private agreement.

For fuck's sake when i was a kid my stepfather used to wake me up at 5 AM to chop wood, lug stones and mow the lawn. I worked 8 -10 hours a day and never got paid.

Someone tell this fucking freeloading illegal slime ball to stop his fucking whining.

For fuck's sake when i was a kid my stepfather used to wake me up at 5 AM to chop wood, lug stones and mow the lawn. I worked 8 -10 hours a day and never got paid.

Someone tell this fucking freeloading illegal slime ball to stop his fucking whining.

That's a custodial parent having his child do legitimate household chores. Not a woman getting paid to feed and house you but with no legal authority whatsoever forcing you as a minor to sell beer, which is against the law, and work for others without pay.

Big difference.

That's a custodial parent having his child do legitimate household chores. Not a woman getting paid to feed and house you but with no legal authority whatsoever forcing you as a minor to sell beer, which is against the law, and work for others without pay.

Big difference.

Yeah god forbid an illegal freeloader has to work.

Big difference.

So you're in favor of employing illegals? Nice to know.

See how that works?

Big difference.

:cuckoo:

So you are okay with this type of exploitation? I imagine you also support illegal immigration since allowing this to happen just means more and more Americans will take advantage.

Big difference.

So you're in favor of employing illegals? Nice to know.

See how that works?

If our tax dollars are being used to house, clothe and feed him, hell yeah.

I'd rather see his ass dropped over the border but we don't have the balls to do it so I'll settle for the freeloader working to cover his own costs.

Big difference.

:cuckoo:

So you are okay with this type of exploitation? I imagine you also support illegal immigration since allowing this to happen just means more and more Americans will take advantage.

What the hell, there's nothing wrong with it right? After all, they're just illegals. They should be employed. Bring 'em in and put 'em to work! Just not on the payroll.

Minors selling beer? Not a problem. They should be shoved out on the street corners too, with their identification taken away so they can't run. Gotta earn their keep.

Forum List

Back