Woman denied prescription to end pregnancy............

Exactly what efforts did this pharmacist undertake to ascertain whether a mistake had been made?

I don't know, you don't know, and if CNN knows, they ain't sayin'.

This story has been presented, as most news stories are, with a few facts. Some facts omitted, some altered, to give a particular ideological slant that appeals to CNN's target demographic.

Which is why I refuse to participate in trial by media. I don't know what actually happened there, and neither do you. My contributions to this discussion are to point out that people are mistaken when they state that pharmacists and other medical professionals are obligated to carry out the instructions of a doctor without question.
As it stands now, this woman has related her interaction with this guy. If this guy has anything legitimate to say, why doesn't he come out and say it? Come on, Brian, what exactly did you do? Did you call the doctor who wrote the scrip and ask if it were proper? Did you call your manager? Why did you ask this customer if she were pregnant and otherwise engage her in personal conversation in front of other people?This guy can find a microphone, can't he? Where is his voice and his response to the accusations against him? No one can talk about "trial by media" when one of the parties refuses to speak and give his/her side of the story.. Let this guy come out and explain his actions. Otherwise, we will conclude that he is a chickenshit. Remember that the woman who sought to have her prescription filled had nothing to do with him and perhaps did not even know him. I'm not giving him a pass if he does not come out and give his side of the story.

As I tell all my customers ...

"You have the right to remain silent..."

If I were this guy, the last thing I'd want to do is participate in a CNN ambush interview. Be quiet, get a lawyer, and let the actual Justice System, not CNN decide the facts of the case.

Exactly what efforts did this pharmacist undertake to ascertain whether a mistake had been made?

I don't know, you don't know, and if CNN knows, they ain't sayin'.

This story has been presented, as most news stories are, with a few facts. Some facts omitted, some altered, to give a particular ideological slant that appeals to CNN's target demographic.

Which is why I refuse to participate in trial by media. I don't know what actually happened there, and neither do you. My contributions to this discussion are to point out that people are mistaken when they state that pharmacists and other medical professionals are obligated to carry out the instructions of a doctor without question.
As it stands now, this woman has related her interaction with this guy. If this guy has anything legitimate to say, why doesn't he come out and say it? Come on, Brian, what exactly did you do? Did you call the doctor who wrote the scrip and ask if it were proper? Did you call your manager? Why did you ask this customer if she were pregnant and otherwise engage her in personal conversation in front of other people?This guy can find a microphone, can't he? Where is his voice and his response to the accusations against him? No one can talk about "trial by media" when one of the parties refuses to speak and give his/her side of the story.. Let this guy come out and explain his actions. Otherwise, we will conclude that he is a chickenshit. Remember that the woman who sought to have her prescription filled had nothing to do with him and perhaps did not even know him. I'm not giving him a pass if he does not come out and give his side of the story.

No one can talk about trial by media when one party refuses to participate? That's ridiculous. It can even make such a trail by media even worse, because only one side of the story is published.

Not shouting out to the media makes one a "chickenshit"? :eusa_doh:

Maybe this pharmacist is a total ass hole, maybe he was entirely in the wrong, maybe he broke company policy as well as being unnecessarily rude to the customer. It seems foolish to assume any of that, or anything else, is the case simply because his side of the story isn't in the media.

Forum List

Back