Woman denied haircut, files human rights complaint

Let me get this straight, you will refuse to serve a white man that is barefoot, but you won't refuse to serve a black man even if he is barefoot. Isn't that racist?

You are dense, but even by your standards you are intensely so here.

Let me get this straight: I can deny anyone (white, black, or you) service in my pharmacy if you aren't wearing shoes.

But I can't deny you service on 14th protections. Not wearing shoes is not a 14th concern.

But racists or sexists or religionists or ethnocentrists hate public accommodation laws.

Tuff that, huh?

Funny how you are always wrong, isn't it?

I on 14th issues, nope. QWB, your remark above shows why your side is always on the wrong side of American history.

Tis what tis.

You are dense, but even by your standards you are intensely so here.

Let me get this straight: I can deny anyone (white, black, or you) service in my pharmacy if you aren't wearing shoes.

But I can't deny you service on 14th protections. Not wearing shoes is not a 14th concern.

But racists or sexists or religionists or ethnocentrists hate public accommodation laws.

Tuff that, huh?

Funny how you are always wrong, isn't it?

I on 14th issues, nope. QWB, your remark above shows why your side is always on the wrong side of American history.

Tis what tis.

History only has one side, the past.

Your comment above, QWB, shows why you don't understand history and why you are on the wrong side of things.

The process of ending discrimination will be pro-active, of course, with a complaint by a consumer that says, "Nope, if you are offering services to the public, you will serve me."

"Nope, if you are offering services to the public, you will serve me."
Any business owner has the right to refuse service to anyone they see fit without cause.
In other words, no one can be compelled, forced or threatened into conducting business with anyone.
For example. If a person walks into my shop and has an attitude, I will ask them to leave.
I do not have to give them a reason.
It's my store and I am the law in my store.

Any business owner has the right to refuse service unless he is refusing service to a protected class of individual because he is of that class.

You can't refuse service to a black because he is black.

You can't refuse service to a woman because she's a woman.

You can't refuse service to a Christian because he is a Christian.

You are the law in your store within the confines of the law of We the People.

You missed my point. Play attention.
I can reserve the right to decline service to anyone without cause.
Meaning, I do not have to give a reason. And when I mean I don't have to offer a reason, that means I may have a reason, but I do not have to reveal what that reason is.
So, if you walked into my store and say you were some tattoed gold tooth Rastifarian looking individual I may not say " hey I don't like your kind, get out."
That would be unlawful.
I can say " I would ask you to spend you money elsewhere"....And there is not a thing anyone can do about it.

"Nope, if you are offering services to the public, you will serve me."
Any business owner has the right to refuse service to anyone they see fit without cause.
In other words, no one can be compelled, forced or threatened into conducting business with anyone.
For example. If a person walks into my shop and has an attitude, I will ask them to leave.
I do not have to give them a reason.
It's my store and I am the law in my store.

Any business owner has the right to refuse service unless he is refusing service to a protected class of individual because he is of that class.

Meaning, I do not have to give a reason. And when I mean I don't have to offer a reason, that means I may have a reason, but I do not have to reveal what that reason is.
So, if you walked into my store and say you were some tattoed gold tooth Rastifarian looking individual I may not say " hey I don't like your kind, get out."
That would be unlawful.
I can say " I would ask you to spend you money elsewhere"....And there is not a thing anyone can do about it.

You are not paying attention.

You can be challenged on that and brought to court.

If a surveillance shows you generally discriminate against blacks having access to services, you can be held liable etc.

No, you are not the ultimate power in your store.

That would be unlawful.

You are not paying attention.

You can be challenged on that and brought to court.

If a surveillance shows you generally discriminate against blacks having access to services, you can be held liable etc.

No, you are not the ultimate power in your store.
First...Challenged in court?
What is that supposed to mean?
Why is it you people look to the civil courts to cure your every whine and sniffle?
Second, anyone who would seek redress in the courts because "he would not accept my business" has no a legal leg on which to stand...Looking at your argument, based on what would anyone file a suit?
Surveillance? How the hell could anyone tell from a silent video or even one with audio what transpired.
Read carefully...."your money is no good here. Have a nice day"...
Please point out with all of your hypersensitivity where one's rights were being violated.
Stop using the word "if"....
"No, you are not the ultimate power in your store."....Yes I am...
I was an assistant manager at a sports bar. We reserved the right to refuse service to anyone without cause. And we did that on many occasions. There were no suits.
Just people taking their business elsewhere.
Most times it was a bad attitude or showing disrespect to me or the wait staff.
An example we had a group of guys come in to watch football. They took a table and nursed ONE pitcher of beer for three hours. The waitress that had that section was not tipped. The next time they came in, I told them the tables were reserved by people calling in. Yeah, I lied. But so what? My job is to maximize sales. I am not going to serve customers who take up a table and the establishment loses money when I have 20 people who are wanting that table who will spend REAL money. My house. My rules. Don't like it? Find another bar....And there's not a fuckin thing you can do about it.
BTW, we never were sued. Sued? For what? There is no entitlement here. There was no violation of the public accommodations statutes.
Cut the bullshit. Business owners have rights too.

Thoughtful, knowing individuals on this topic are nto going to go along with your "just once more."

Your personal will does not override equal access laws.

Thoughtful, knowing individuals on this topic are nto going to go along with your "just once more."

Your personal will does not override equal access laws.

At my business, yes it does. As with any other business.
There is not one single precedent that supports your argument.
You didn't answer the questions. It figures.
You can go on belaboring your point. It doesn't make it any more valid.

Your comment above, QWB, shows why you don't understand history and why you are on the wrong side of things.

Let me see if I understand your position.

History has sides, and I am on the wrong side of it because you totally misrepresent my position.

Tell me something, since you are opposed to everyone being able to won, and even carry, a gun, and history actually shows us that that is the losing side of the debate, does that put you on the wrong side of history? Or is the phrase only valid when it is used by progressive statist assholes?

Let me see if I understand your position.

History has sides, and I am on the wrong side of it because you totally misrepresent my position.

Tell me something, since you are opposed to everyone being able to won, and even carry, a gun, and history actually shows us that that is the losing side of the debate, does that put you on the wrong side of history? Or is the phrase only valid when it is used by progressive statist assholes?

Your position has been perfectly represented and dismissed.

Your third paragraph shows your disintegration of reason.

Forum List

Back