Woman Dead in Bed 8 Months Despite Daily Visits

Maybe the coroner got the time of death wrong?

I mean what is the difference between 8 hours and 8 months? :eusa_whistle:<------

Immie

Lack of rigor mortis, livor mortis, and any semblance of normal tissue.

It was a joke... I was not being serious.

Immie

Oh. At any rate, I'd imagine a pathologist did this autopsy. A situation like this is usually above the scope of a coroner to handle. Especially if they might have to testify at trial.

Unconscious and not breathing? He didn't report she was . . . . decomposing??? Wtf? They didn't notice she was dead? <sniff, sniff> Something stinks and it isn't the dead woman.

Some very very old women are so undernourished and dry and dessicated that depending on the environment in which they live (and die) there may not be a whole lotta decomposing going on.

Odd, but true.

No, the stench would come from when her internal organs, especially her bowels, started to autolyze and be broken down by bacteria. The stench of decay isn't form the body breaking down on it's own, it's from the bacteria breaking down amino acids to form "putrescine" and "cadaverine" which are the main culprits in the stench of decay. Decomposition can be delayed by cold, but not for 8 months.

It smells bad enough doing an autopsy on someone who has died within 24 hours. I can't imagine how badly this smelled.

I have heard of cases where the usual expectations are simply not present. As a rule, though, you are of course quite right.

And my hunch is that the family, etc., damn well knew that she had died.

As I said before, "ghoulish."

Some very very old women are so undernourished and dry and dessicated that depending on the environment in which they live (and die) there may not be a whole lotta decomposing going on.

Odd, but true.

No, the stench would come from when her internal organs, especially her bowels, started to autolyze and be broken down by bacteria. The stench of decay isn't form the body breaking down on it's own, it's from the bacteria breaking down amino acids to form "putrescine" and "cadaverine" which are the main culprits in the stench of decay. Decomposition can be delayed by cold, but not for 8 months.

It smells bad enough doing an autopsy on someone who has died within 24 hours. I can't imagine how badly this smelled.

I have heard of cases where the usual expectations are simply not present. As a rule, though, you are of course quite right.

And my hunch is that the family, etc., damn well knew that she had died.

As I said before, "ghoulish."

Definately goulish. Although I know weird things happen when it comes to decomposition. I was listening to the medical examiner give a talk about first responders finding two bodies. They had both died of carbon monoxide poisoning and were at the table. They both died at the same time and had been dead for a few days. This was in the summer. One of the bodies was highly decomposed and the other body was completely intact. The difference was that a box fan was blowing on the intact body.

However, after 8 months, short of sticking a body in a freezer, I think all bets are off.

A weird topic for sure. Obviously there is some malfeasance involved. I hope the guilty are punished.

Forum List

Back