Woman Claims Twitter Gave Her PTSD

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Well, she certainly looks like something gave her something. :badgrin:

article-2605888-1D24295700000578-152_634x498.jpg

A Washington woman has come under fire over claims her PTSD caused by online harassment and Twitter trolls is equal to that of military veterans.

Melody Hensley was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder 16 months ago following online abuse, which she says is the result of her being an outspoken feminist and atheist.

She caused upset to many military veterans and their families and friends when she claimed her PTSD from Twitter trolls was as bad as mental anguish suffered by those who do active duty.

Read more: Woman claims she has PTSD from Twitter and cyberstalking | Mail Online

As someone who suffered a mild form of this, it always gets under my skin to read of phonies like this!! :mad:

She has no control over turning off her pc? Too bad soldiers can't turn off enemy fire that easily.

A Washington woman has come under fire over claims her PTSD caused by online harassment and Twitter trolls is equal to that of military veterans.

Melody Hensley was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder 16 months ago following online abuse, which she says is the result of her being an outspoken feminist and atheist.

She caused upset to many military veterans and their families and friends when she claimed her PTSD from Twitter trolls was as bad as mental anguish suffered by those who do active duty.

Read more: Woman claims she has PTSD from Twitter and cyberstalking | Mail Online

As someone who suffered a mild form of this, it always gets under my skin to read of phonies like this!! :mad:

If I offered free bread to anyone who came to my house wearing pink underwear, and orange flip flops.... in a matter of months, there would be lines of people around the block of people wearing pink underwear and pink flip flops.

Here's the bottom line..... this is human nature, this is how it is, you can complain and whine about it, and it will never change......

As long as society determines to give out money...... people will adjust and change how they live, and come up with as many rationals, to justify them getting that money.

Man gets sick benefits for heavy metal addiction - The Local

A Swedish heavy metal fan has had his musical preferences officially classified as a disability. The results of a psychological analysis enable the metal lover to supplement his income with state benefits.

Roger Tullgren, 42, from Hässleholm in southern Sweden has just started working part time as a dishwasher at a local restaurant.

Because heavy metal dominates so many aspects of his life, the Employment Service has agreed to pay part of Tullgren's salary. His new boss meanwhile has given him a special dispensation to play loud music at work.

"I have been trying for ten years to get this classified as a handicap," Tullgren told The Local.

"I spoke to three psychologists and they finally agreed that I needed this to avoid being discriminated against."

Roger Tullgren first developed an interest in heavy metal when his older brother came home with a Black Sabbath album in 1971.

The ageing rocker claims to have attended almost three hundred shows last year, often skipping work in the process.

Eventually his last employer tired of his absences and Tullgren was left jobless and reliant on welfare handouts.

This is reality..... if you offer money from the government for ANYTHING.... people will do whatever they can to qualify for that handout.... Now I have PTSD because of twitter....... I have a Heavy Metal addiction, and need state welfare to supplement the job losses.

Anything to get that free money at tax payer expense.

The solution is to not have money handed out. Then there is no reason to fake that you have PTSD from.... twitter. What a twit.

I can't believe it came from the internet either. I know someone can have PTSD without going to war but not from the internet. I find the internet very relaxing! :eusa_angel:

It's possible she's telling the truth. Combat veterans should be "harder" and more capable of overcoming emotions. This woman could be extremely emotionally vulnerable. So its very possible that it would take less of a "traumatic experience" for her to be on an equal level of PTSD as a seasoned soldier, trained to mentally handle such situations. Some people are just mentally weak when it comes to experiencing what others have to say about them online. Like, suicidal weak. Blows my mind how people take the Internet so seriously.

Or she could be full of it.

I don't feel like judging her, plus it really doesn't concern me.

What I don't get though is how soldiers of all people can be getting all emotional over what some random lady said about twitter. Why does it matter to them whether or not she has PTSD? They should quit being sissies and shut the Hell up, and tell their families and friends to do the same. They should be stronger than that. So much for overcoming emotions. So much for willpower and self control. Just ignore her and move the Hell on. It's none of their business and they choose to get upset over it. Pathetic.

Last edited:
What I don't get though is how soldiers of all people can be getting all emotional over what some random lady said about twitter.
That's easy. They are pissed off that she's comparing soldiers fighting for their country, living in imminent danger, losing limbs, being horribly maimed and getting killed to someone too fucking stupid to delete her twitter account or laughing it off. She should be the face that pops up when you google 'twit'.

At this point in time, nobody is forcing American soldiers to go to war. You live by the sword, you'll most likely die by the sword. You signed up for it, made a choice, and decided to fight. Deal with the consequences and quit bi***ing when ya can't handle it.

Last edited:
At this point in time, nobody is forcing American soldiers to go to war. You live by the sword, you'll most likely die by the sword. You signed up for it, made a choice, and decided to fight. Deal with the consequences and quit bi***ing when ya can't handle it.
Who said they weren't handling it? The point was the stupid woman compared it to them and no one made her sign up for it either.

Who said they weren't handling it? The point was the stupid woman compared it to them and no one made her sign up for it either.

So what if she compared her pain to the pain of soldiers. Why does that even concern the few who complained about it, what this random women said? Certain soldiers who can't handle the heat of combat aren't the only people in the world to suffer from PTSD. It's usually all in your head too- not enough willpower to handle the stress or pain of loss.

She's not wrong for comparing her "PTSD" to soldiers, she's weak for allowing herself to get traumatized over Twitter. Or weak for lying about it if she's not.

And any grown ass soldiers crying about what some woman said about twitter and her own pain are weak for that too.

That's why I can't take sides here, because both sides are pathetic.

Forum List

Back