CDZ Woman charged with boyfriend's suicide

It doesn't matter how you feel about the people when it comes to the LAW. The law is applied equally, even if you FEEL that the person is a "right wing nutjob." Let's clear that up right away.

So you think the judicial system should take into account the relationship between the people when it comes to charging a person criminally for saying bad things to someone?

So it's okay if you don't really know the person then?

Um, yeah. It really does make a difference. Anyone who would kill themselves because someone they didn't know posted something on message board would probably kill themselves if the phases of the moon were off.

Which is quite different than if someone you know goads you into killing yourself, and instructs you how to do it and doesn't alert anyone. That's actually criminal.

I see lots of people suggesting her actions were improper but not being willing to suggest she needs to face the consewuences of those actions. If there are no consequences, how does she (or others) learn the necessary lesson from this incident.

It doesn't matter how you feel about the people when it comes to the LAW. The law is applied equally, even if you FEEL that the person is a "right wing nutjob." Let's clear that up right away.

So you think the judicial system should take into account the relationship between the people when it comes to charging a person criminally for saying bad things to someone?

Um, yeah. It really does make a difference. Anyone who would kill themselves because someone they didn't know posted something on message board would probably kill themselves if the phases of the moon were off.

Which is quite different than if someone you know goads you into killing yourself, and instructs you how to do it and doesn't alert anyone. That's actually criminal.

Oh, so the guy was going to kill himself eventually anyway judge, he was a right wing nutjob. Oh, okay Joe. You did good. Lol!

I believe the charge us correct in this case. If the information in the article is correct, then she conspired with her boyfriend to convince him go kill himself. Conspire is my word. If she had talked her boyfriend into killing someone else in a similar way as she talked him into committing suicide, there would be no question in charging her with murder or conspiracy to murder. She would be an accessory to murder. The difference is that her boyfriend committed suicide, so he murdered himself rather than someone else.

So do you also feel that if a person tries to commit suicide and fails that the person should be charged with attempted murder?

I remember reading one of the ancient civilizations, (Rome, Greece, etc), actually had a law on the books that a failed suicide attempt was punishable by death.

But I read it so long ago, the details are fuzzy.

again degrees of guilt...is she being charged as a cyber bully...when things much worse go on daily without consequences
I kind of understand your point, but if one were to use the excuse "when things much worse go on daily without consequences", then almost any crime can be excused.

I see lots of people suggesting her actions were improper but not being willing to suggest she needs to face the consewuences of those actions. If there are no consequences, how does she (or others) learn the necessary lesson from this incident.

I myself believe that any charge of manslaughter is too harsh.

What criminal charge can be brought against her that would fit what she did is the real question to me?

Should she have her ass whipped on the court steps by the family members of the boy that committed suicide?

Oh hell yeah!

Should she face Prison time?

In my opinion no.

Instructions on how to kill yourself is not illegal! You may wish to visit the hemlock society for their books on the subject as proof.

I believe the charge us correct in this case. If the information in the article is correct, then she conspired with her boyfriend to convince him go kill himself. Conspire is my word. If she had talked her boyfriend into killing someone else in a similar way as she talked him into committing suicide, there would be no question in charging her with murder or conspiracy to murder. She would be an accessory to murder. The difference is that her boyfriend committed suicide, so he murdered himself rather than someone else.

So do you also feel that if a person tries to commit suicide and fails that the person should be charged with attempted murder?

I remember reading one of the ancient civilizations, (Rome, Greece, etc), actually had a law on the books that a failed suicide attempt was punishable by death.

Errr. Isn't that helping them out in a way though? I'm going to kill myself. Well, I'm going to kill you first! :cuckoo: Or how about this one? I'm going to kill you for killing yourself! Lol!

Errr. Isn't that helping them out in a way though? I'm going to kill myself. Well, I'm going to kill you first! :cuckoo: Or how about this one? I'm going to kill you for killing yourself! Lol!

Not as 'ancient' as I thought.

Attempted Suicide Was Punishable By Hanging In Great Britain Until 1961 - Unreal Facts

From a technicality perspective, yes. From a practicality perspective, no. An otherwise healthy person who attemps suicide needs psychological help, not criminal prosecution.

From a technicality perspective, yes. From a practicality perspective, no. An otherwise healthy person who attemps suicide needs psychological help, not criminal prosecution.

I don't agree at all. Body autonomy. The government should not be able to dictate what you can do to yourself if you are an adult anyways. Agree or disagree?

The situation is as follows. The fool killed himself. His own mother didn't recognise any profound mental illness. He made his own decision. End of story. I wouldn't want her as a girlfriend or daughter though.

Greg

Why should the government be given the power to force a person to stay alive against his or her will? What purpose does that serve besides tyranny? I understand that people are mentally ill and that they should be encouraged or even at times forced to get mental help (especially if they might be dangerous to others as well, which is often times the case), but I don't think that you should be charged criminally for harming your own self.

Instructions on how to kill yourself is not illegal! You may wish to visit the hemlock society for their books on the subject as proof.

I would be facing life in Prison if everyone I told on this board would go out and abort themselves at this moment seeing I have been known to tell some to commit self abortion which is suicide.

The reality is the girl was wrong and should be shun like she was a plague on society but Prison is not the answer.

If it were me she would be dropped in the middle of Syria with a note saying fresh meat and enjoy but again the punishment does not fit the crime.

So what would be the proper charge and punishment for her?

I don't agree at all. Body autonomy. The government should not be able to dictate what you can do to yourself if you are an adult anyways. Agree or disagree?
The body autonomy causes a split because of some ability to harbor more then one life.

I would be facing life in Prison if everyone I told on this board would go out and abort themselves at this moment seeing I have been known to tell some to commit self abortion which is suicide.

The reality is the girl was wrong and should be shun like she was a plague on society but Prison is not the answer.

If it were me she would be dropped in the middle of Syria with a note saying fresh meat and enjoy but again the punishment does not fit the crime.

So what would be the proper charge and punishment for her?
The proper charge would be for being
Stupid
Arrogant
Not caring
But those are not crimes they are humane traits.

The body autonomy causes a split because of some ability to harbor more then one life.

And here lies the centrist in me in that I don't feel that it's my decision to make for another person. That is a personal decision because their body doesn't cease to be their body because they are pregnant. I don't like abortion personally though and I agree with limiting it to the first trimester, but this is not a thread about abortion, so let's not go there.

And here lies the centrist in me in that I don't feel that it's my decision to make for another person. That is a personal decision because their body doesn't cease to be their body because they are pregnant. I don't like abortion personally though and I agree with limiting it to the first trimester, but this is not a thread about abortion, so let's not go there.
I'm not going there I'm just saying that point is its own can of worms.

Forum List

Back