CDZ Woman charged with boyfriend's suicide

ChrisL

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2014
Wherever the wild things are!!
So, this young woman is being charged with manslaughter (I think) for talking her boyfriend/friend into committing suicide. The young man who killed himself had apparently suffered from severe depression and talked about committing suicide often. While I think what this young lady did is really horrible and I wonder what kind of person would do such a thing, I'm not sure how I feel about her being charged with his suicide. People are definitely responsible for their own actions, including their own suicides. However, this young man suffered from mental illness, which kind of changes the dynamic. What do you all think about it?

Her texts pushed him to suicide, prosecutors say. But does that mean she killed him?

I honestly do not see the grounds for charges.
Is what she did socially unacceptable? Yes.
Is what she did illegal? No.

I would agree if the boy was mentally stable. He apparently was not very mentally stable, and this girl was or had to be aware of that fact. I hate what she did, and I would like to see her face charges, but I just can't decide if it is the right thing to do given the circumstances of this particular situation.

I honestly do not see the grounds for charges.
Is what she did socially unacceptable? Yes.
Is what she did illegal? No.

I would agree if the boy was mentally stable. He apparently was not very mentally stable, and this girl was or had to be aware of that fact. I hate what she did, and I would like to see her face charges, but I just can't decide if it is the right thing to do given the circumstances of this particular situation.
Okay. How about something more along the line of an abuse charge like one would get for the mentally feeble?

The texts she sent sure seem to encourage the guy to commit suicide. She's a creep but involuntary manslaughter? I don't think so. At the same time, it's confusing. Massachusetts doesn't consider assisting in someone's suicide to be a crime. Why are they charging her then?

The texts she sent sure seem to encourage the guy to commit suicide. She's a creep but involuntary manslaughter? I don't think so. At the same time, it's confusing. Massachusetts doesn't consider assisting in someone's suicide to be a crime. Why are they charging her then?

I can't answer that question. I don't know.

I do feel that perhaps it is unfair to bring charges against her. I don't really know much about HER mental stability either. She is a young person who might have been at her wit's end with this guy, not knowing how to help him, or trying and failing to be able to help him. She is a young girl who is not a licensed psychiatrist or anything. Maybe she was just like, you know what, I'm sick of this and go kill yourself, in a moment of weakness or something? I don't know. She seems to have some remorse about it, telling her friends that she could have prevented it.

Tough question but are they saying assisting and promoting are two different things?

All I can guess, ( and it is definitely a guess), is Accessory before the fact.

okay the dude who walked away knowing his buddy was going to rape a kid....the buddy kills the kid.....the walk away dude was not charged with anything... i think she was morally wrong and will face the consequences the rest of her life...without the courts....you cant charge her when you let the other guy walk

I don't expect you to. You asked a question in your OP. I'm trying to work through the details of the case. You know, for discussion? Maybe she should be charged for bullying? I personally don't think she should be charged at all. She appears to be a contemptible manipulator with no compassion for other people's difficulties. That is not a crime here on earth.

okay the dude who walked away knowing his buddy was going to rape a kid....the buddy kills the kid.....the walk away dude was not charged with anything... i think she was morally wrong and will face the consequences the rest of her life...without the courts....you cant charge her when you let the other guy walk
Where did that come from? How is that part of this?

All I can guess, ( and it is definitely a guess), is Accessory before the fact.
But accessory to suicide would be assisting suicide which is legal there.

That is not how "assisted suicide" works. Lol. There are procedures that must be followed. You can't just talk people into killing themselves and then claim that is "assisted suicide."

Forum List

Back