Woman can harvest dead boyfriend's sperm, judge says

I can tell that you are hot under the collar. When you calm down, you'll see that it's pretty silly to state " he had at least one, if not two jobs," since in his unfortunate condition this will have no bearing on the income of his growing family.

Did it state that the young lady had a job, or two, and if so how will you continue with same if she becomes 'infanticipating.'

Will your opinion change if you are convinced that the family will require public assistance?

As far as "request of BOTH the fiancee AND THE MANS MOTHER, FATHER, BROTHER, etc." What does this have to do with the question at hand? You can go to court and ask for the high school ring of a classmate who passed on, and the judge could throw it out of court saying that you have no standing to make this request, and might have done the same here.

And the phrase " emotionally attached to," isn't that on page 72 of the Liberal Dictionary?

My point remains that the judge should have done this as the proper way to serve the larger community. Remember...no precedent.

If you want to continue this conversation, drop the liberal vs. conservative bullshit with me. I don't play it. I haven't ever labeled anyone here as anything as my basis for argument, and you have no business doing it to me.

If she were to talk in to an adoption agency and say the same thing, would YOU deny her a child (better yet, would you deny a child a safe home) simply because she's a single parent, regardless of the fact that she's a more than adequate parent, with a more than adequate lifestyle to support another child? Or would you simply rule her out because you don't believe single women should have children?

They were in the process of becoming married.. Had he died one day after the wedding, THEN what?

Don't tell me what kind of argument to use. If you'd prefer not to debate me that's up to you.

Seriously?? :eek:

Your whole argument is based on calling someone a freaking liberal when they're not, and if they refuse to accept it, that's on them?

There's nothing to debate when your opponent has nothing more intelligent than the "dumb liberal" stereotypical bullshit accusation which you've displayed throughout the entire thread.

You're a nut. :eusa_hand:

Don't tell me what kind of argument to use. If you'd prefer not to debate me that's up to you.

No, if I was in charge of an adoption agency, she would certainly be denied adoption based on the fact that there would be no father in the home. As far as her being an "adequate parent" with an "adequate lifestyle" that is pure conjecture on your part and these were factors that the judge should have taken into account when making his decision.

You have no way of knowing that they were in the process of marriage. People in our society use the term "fiancee" quite loosely and will use that term even though there is no ring or a date.

Oh, I see you went back and added more bullshit to your post...

First off, it's a good thing you're NOT in charge of an adoption agency, because a lot of children would be denied good, stable homes simply because of your preconceived notion of what a household should be. Do you not know any single parents? I know plenty. Their actual values and the way they live their live puts people like you and your holier than thou attitude to shame.

Second of all, it's pure conjecture on YOUR part that she is unable to care for the child she has now, and that she'll be unable to care for the other when she decides to make an attempt at having it. You simply assume every single load of shit you posted. Why? So now whatt? Because her soon to be husband died, that child should be taken away from her? What should be done with it? There is absolutely NOTHING in EITHER article (and yours wasn't even a real article!) that gives you any indication they are anything other than they say they are, or that they're going to end up in jail, on welfare, or what have you.

Third, the article clearly states they were engaged, and gives quotes from all members of a family. You seriously think shit like that is going to be staged just for the hell of it? What's to be gained?

Really.. why are you so damned prejudiced and judgmental?

Wha???

What religious rights? Who, besides yourself, brought up religious rights?

This is a question of the best possible life for the child. You libs can't conceive (pun intended) of being deprived of whatever you wish, no matter the ramifications.

You truly HATE liberals, don't you... especially for 'getting whatever they want whenever they want it, no matter the ramifications'... hmm... some personal issues maybe?

In careful consideration as a result of your post, I must state that I don't hate anyone.

I don't expect you to read my many posts, but you would see that I have principled and thought out reasons for disagreement.

With liberals, I merely would like them to act like adults and, and as good parents do with respect to raising their children, sometimes do what may not be easiest or best for themselves, but act in accordance with the best interest of their children, or, in this case, society.

I am saddened, though, when I see adults doing what appeals to them at the moment, without careful consideration. This is acceptable when choosing a new car, but not when making a decision that bodes ill for the future of their child.

Clear?

I strongly disagree with you regarding single parent households, PoliticalChic-and regarding this particular case as well.
While having two parents is the traditional ideal, there are many single parents out there who work extra hard to make up for the absence of the other parent, and the kids can and do turn out just fine.
What's most important is that they are LOVED-not that they neccessarily need to have two parents.

As for this case, sounds like this couple must have had alot of love between them, that she should still want to bear the second child they had talked about having even though he's gone. Someone with that strong a heart-and from what I have read, the support of both families-may do better than alot of two-parent households where mom and dad are self-absorbed and/or dysfunctional-or just rotten parents in general.
The judge made a wise and humane decision.

Isn't it sad when big font is the substitute for big thinking?

Now, let's read carefully. I believe the point was that the majority of inmates come from single parent households.

-Most inmates were raised in single-parent households, over 25% had parents who abused drugs or alcohol, and 37% had at least one immediate family member incarcerated.
Someone to Come Home To: Parenting Programs for Men in Prison/ Quelqu'un de special a la maison: Des programmes pour les peres detenus

More than half of all inmates did not live with both
parents while growing up,
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/press/sospi91.pr

the prevalence of single parent families, and children raised without a father in the ghetto
Race and Prison | Drug War Facts

Let me know if you need more help with this.
I can read just fine, but thanks for the offer. Next time I need a wingnut to misinterpret data I'll call on you.

This is what you said:
I say this based on studies which show that, for example, the majority of those in prison come from single mom homes.
Nothing you've posted backs that up. Even if you could somehow find a link that backed you up, you would not have proven that single motherhood results in life in the pen...which is what you keep implying on this thread and others.

80% of the prison population is Christian. :cuckoo:

I see the problem, you don't realize that the posts on this board require a working understanding of the English language!

As you correctly stated, I said "the majority of those in prison ."

Dictionary.com: the greater part or number; the number larger than half the total (opposed to minority ): the majority of the populatio

Do you see now? My links use terms like "most," "more than half." and "prevalence..." Do you see how these terms are related to "majority"?

You know, I can almost hear you saying :Ohhhhhh."

Clear?

BTW, what was the Christian thing about?
You are ignoring the "single mom homes" again. The majority of those in prison might come from single parent, single mother, single father, no parent, grandparent only, foster care, divorced mother, divorced father...but you keep lumping them all in as single mother. Why?

The entire point you are trying to advance is that single moms make people into criminals. That's just retarded.

My point about Christians. Christianity doesn't cause people to become thugs, either. But if we followed your logic, we'd have to say it did since the majority of the prison population enters as Christian.

So unless you can find a credible source that proves the majority of those raised by single mothers end up in prison you need to STFU.

The reason that there may be a high correlation between single parent homes and prison, even assuming such a correlation actually exists, is poverty.... not any problem with a single parent household. There is a high correlation between POVERTY and prison...and a high correlation between being a single mom and being dead broke.

This woman doesn't seem to be impoverished and has exactly the type of extended family/support sytem that we wish everyone had.

So what was the problem again? Other than a need to micromanage the lives of others?

The reason that there may be a high correlation between single parent homes and prison, even assuming such a correlation actually exists, is poverty.... not any problem with a single parent household. There is a high correlation between POVERTY and prison...and a high correlation between being a single mom and being dead broke.

This woman doesn't seem to be impoverished and has exactly the type of extended family/support sytem that we wish everyone had.

So what was the problem again? Other than a need to micromanage the lives of others?
Nothing, really. :lol:

There are also a few studies out there that find the number one predictor of having a kid end up in prison is being in prison yourself.

Nothing, really. :lol:

There are also a few studies out there that find the number one predictor of having a kid end up in prison is being in prison yourself.

That sounds like it makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is thinking a judge should have taken it upon himself to be activist and interfere in this family's desire to effectuate a dying wish.

First off, it's a good thing you're NOT in charge of an adoption agency, because a lot of children would be denied good, stable homes simply because of your preconceived notion of what a household should be. Do you not know any single parents? I know plenty. Their actual values and the way they live their live puts people like you and your holier than thou attitude to shame.

Second of all, it's pure conjecture on YOUR part that she is unable to care for the child she has now, and that she'll be unable to care for the other when she decides to make an attempt at having it. You simply assume every single load of shit you posted. Why? So now whatt? Because her soon to be husband died, that child should be taken away from her? What should be done with it? There is absolutely NOTHING in EITHER article (and yours wasn't even a real article!) that gives you any indication they are anything other than they say they are, or that they're going to end up in jail, on welfare, or what have you.

Third, the article clearly states they were engaged, and gives quotes from all members of a family. You seriously think shit like that is going to be staged just for the hell of it? What's to be gained?

Really.. why are you so damned prejudiced and judgmental?

It's fascinating in a creepy kind of way to watch someone unravel, the way you have... kind of like watching a snake shed its skin.

No cogent argument, no logic, so you attempt to fabricate. Let's begin with "conjecture on YOUR part that she is unable to care for the child she has now, and that she'll be unable to care for the other ..."

Where do you find that I made any statement as to whether or not she could care for the child she has now? If I didn't make such a statement, than you would be hallucinating, wouldn't you?

"You simply assume every single load of shit you posted." Exactly what have I assumed? Are you dreaming or drinking?

"Because her soon to be husband..." Now, here we have a gal "assuming." That would be you, or do you know the date of the impending marriage? Or the location? Or is it because you say so, it must be so. How liberal of you. I believe we dispensed with the so-overused term 'fiancee' in an earlier post.

If marriage was actually in the plan, don't you question why they didn't do just that 2 years and 9 months ago (I think they have a two year old).

"...that child should be taken away from her? " Please, admit that you invented this, or I will begin to believe that psychotropic medication is your only hope.

"You seriously think shit like that is going to be staged just for the hell of it?" The term 'staged' makes it seem that so much thought and preparation went into it, but it was merely using a word, "fiancee."

I guess you don't see that just by using the term "fiancee" the young lady is saying "I know, we should have gotten married first."

But you have decided that there is something wrong with my questioning this bizarre posthumous birth-attempt, and my concern for the well being of the next child.

How very liberal of you.

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- A New York judge has given a woman permission to harvest her dead lover's sperm so she can still have his baby.

Johnny Quintana was only 31 when he died Thursday of an apparent heart attack.

He had wanted to have a second child with his fiancee, Gisela Marrero, but the only way to make it happen was to quickly collect his sperm, which stays fresh for only 36 hours after death.

A court order was needed because Quintana and Marrero were not yet married.

The Bronx judge said "yes" Friday with only four hours left until the deadline.

Sperm bank staffers then rushed to Jacobi Medical Center, where Quintana's body lay.

Marrero already has a 2-year-old son with Quintana.

HeraldNet: Woman can harvest dead boyfriend's sperm, judge says

I am outraged. This is not even a wife, so what right does she have to his sperm? In one fell swoop this radical judge's decision will set off a chain of reactions including a child being born into a most bizarre situation without a father and thus increasing substantially the chances that he/she would be at some point be involved with the penitentiary system.

The counterculture won on this one. Sad. Sad, indeed.

I think you need to calm down. And I think you wingnuts need to stop stressing about other peoples lives, that you don't know anything about, except for what you read in five minutes on Newsmax.

What I got out of your post is that she had been with this man for years, they already had one child, and they were engaged. Why would I care if she wants to have a second baby by her dead fiance? That's her choice, and it sounds like he was her life partner.

Why do you give a shit? You don't know anything about her, or what kind of parent she'd make.

I can read just fine, but thanks for the offer. Next time I need a wingnut to misinterpret data I'll call on you.

This is what you said:
Nothing you've posted backs that up. Even if you could somehow find a link that backed you up, you would not have proven that single motherhood results in life in the pen...which is what you keep implying on this thread and others.

80% of the prison population is Christian. :cuckoo:

I see the problem, you don't realize that the posts on this board require a working understanding of the English language!

Dictionary.com: the greater part or number; the number larger than half the total (opposed to minority ): the majority of the populatio

Do you see now? My links use terms like "most," "more than half." and "prevalence..." Do you see how these terms are related to "majority"?

Clear?

You are ignoring the "single mom homes" again. The majority of those in prison might come from single parent, single mother, single father, no parent, grandparent only, foster care, divorced mother, divorced father...but you keep lumping them all in as single mother. Why?

The entire point you are trying to advance is that single moms make people into criminals. That's just retarded.

My point about Christians. Christianity doesn't cause people to become thugs, either. But if we followed your logic, we'd have to say it did since the majority of the prison population enters as Christian.

So unless you can find a credible source that proves the majority of those raised by single mothers end up in prison you need to STFU.

Can I assume that you would agree with the following: "When we consider the entire inmate population, it is more likely that a prisoner was raised in a home having one adult supervisor, than a home with two"?

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- A New York judge has given a woman permission to harvest her dead lover's sperm so she can still have his baby.

Johnny Quintana was only 31 when he died Thursday of an apparent heart attack.

He had wanted to have a second child with his fiancee, Gisela Marrero, but the only way to make it happen was to quickly collect his sperm, which stays fresh for only 36 hours after death.

A court order was needed because Quintana and Marrero were not yet married.

The Bronx judge said "yes" Friday with only four hours left until the deadline.

Sperm bank staffers then rushed to Jacobi Medical Center, where Quintana's body lay.

Marrero already has a 2-year-old son with Quintana.

I am outraged. This is not even a wife, so what right does she have to his sperm? In one fell swoop this radical judge's decision will set off a chain of reactions including a child being born into a most bizarre situation without a father and thus increasing substantially the chances that he/she would be at some point be involved with the penitentiary system.

I think you need to calm down. And I think you wingnuts need to stop stressing about other peoples lives, that you don't know anything about, except for what you read in five minutes on Newsmax.

What I got out of your post is that she had been with this man for years, they already had one child, and they were engaged. Why would I care if she wants to have a second baby by her dead fiance? That's her choice, and it sounds like he was her life partner.

Why do you give a shit? You don't know anything about her, or what kind of parent she'd make.

Nope, but she's got numbers indicating the woman and/or her kids will likely end up in prison because she's single now, through no fault, or choice of her own. :eusa_eh:

Nope, but she's got numbers indicating the woman and/or her kids will likely end up in prison because she's single now, through no fault, or choice of her own. :eusa_eh:

Ahem. She was always single and she and her boyfriend did have a choice. They could have gotten married before they had their first child. I

I notice the main tenet of Liberalism is that they can't stand when flaws in their behavior or characters are pointed out.

Oh no. I see another neg rep coming.

Ahem. She was always single and she and her boyfriend did have a choice. They could have gotten married before they had their first child. I

I notice the main tenet of Liberalism is that they can't stand when flaws in their behavior or characters are pointed out.

A lot of people could have gotten married before they had their first child, but didn't for whatever reason. Who are you to dictate the way the rest of their lives should play out?

Clear?

Can I assume that you would agree with the following: "When we consider the entire inmate population, it is more likely that a prisoner was raised in a home having one adult supervisor, than a home with two"?

PC, you need to realize, you've been owned....(no, not by me) in this thread.... all of your arguments have been taken down and your motivation and attitude challenged... . :cool:

You are an arrogant little lady that takes a personal issue with everyone that's not a cookie-cutter replica of herself... I'm sure one day, your teenage daughter/son will tell you the same thing... you just wait... nobody likes a control freak, the least of all kids.

Just so you know... I grew up in a single-parent family. I only had my mom to rely on since the age of 4 and guess what... I'm all grown up and fine... I actually found all your blathering a little offensive.

Last edited:

You have no business deciding how someone elses life should play out simply because you disagree with their principles, and how they've lived their life thus far. That's not your call to make. You don't know why they didn't get married prior to having their first child, and quite frankly, it's none of your god damned business.

You've also pretty much insulted every single parent on here, either because they conceived prior to being married, or because they're now single, so therefore, in your eyes are not fit to parent another child through adoption, or any other means.

Who the hell do you think you are? Really.

I am saddened, though, when I see adults doing what appeals to them at the moment, without careful consideration. This is acceptable when choosing a new car, but not when making a decision that bodes ill for the future of their child.

Clear?

This is not something that appealed to her at some moment. She had to act fast to get permission to collect the sperm before it would no longer be viable. And remember the woman is not even pregnant yet. Now, thanks to the wise judge, she has all the time in the world to decide if she wants to go through with her and her dead boyfriend's plan to have a second child.

If you were the judge, what reasons would you give her for denying her this choice?

You have no business deciding how someone elses life should play out simply because you disagree with their principles, and how they've lived their life thus far. That's not your call to make. You don't know why they didn't get married prior to having their first child, and quite frankly, it's none of your god damned business.

You've also pretty much insulted every single parent on here, either because they conceived prior to being married, or because they're now single, so therefore, in your eyes are not fit to parent another child through adoption, or any other means.

You've pretty much revealed yourself as a fool, making up out of whole cloth most of what you claim I stand for. I'd use the term 'liar' but that term has pretty much been appropriated by the left.

It comes down to this simple choice: do you cast your lot with this mother, who 'wishes' to have another child, or with the child yet to be conceived, who will be raised surrounded by a multitude of question marks.

At no point have you provided proof that there was a marriage in the works, that the mother has a stable life, that she has done a good job parenting the two year old, that she has a way of providing for a family.

The only proof here is that you agree with the "I want what I want, whenever I want it" philosophy. Liberal.

She has one child, and 100% of her efforts should be aimed toward this already-born child.

And the only mothers that I have insulted are those who think that motherhood is all about them, and I stand with those mothers who will deny themselves so as to give their children the best chance in life.

You've pretty much revealed yourself as a fool, making up out of whole cloth most of what you claim I stand for. I'd use the term 'liar' but that term has pretty much been appropriated by the left.

It comes down to this simple choice: do you cast your lot with this mother, who 'wishes' to have another child, or with the child yet to be conceived, who will be raised surrounded by a multitude of question marks.

At no point have you provided proof that there was a marriage in the works, that the mother has a stable life, that she has done a good job parenting the two year old, that she has a way of providing for a family.

The only proof here is that you agree with the "I want what I want, whenever I want it" philosophy. Liberal.

She has one child, and 100% of her efforts should be aimed toward this already-born child.

And the only mothers that I have insulted are those who think that motherhood is all about them, and I stand with those mothers who will deny themselves so as to give their children the best chance in life.

According to you, the judge should have not allowed the woman to get the sperm... by extension of that.... you're inviting the government to say what a woman can or cannot do with her body and what kind of family she wants to have. Aren't you the one clamoring for 'smaller government', etc.? You're contradicting yourself, PC.

I've met enough people in my life that I've felt like they should never procreate, yet I know that it is their business, their right, their decision and I have NOTHING to say to that and no right to interfere in their lives - in other words, my opinion amounts to SHIT in relations to their lives and how they should lead it. The government should only intervene with a family when a child is in obvious and provable danger of harm. Otherwise it's none of anyone's business.

That said, your opinion as to what she can/should do amounts to NADA, ZIP, ZERO and you have to get over that... Maybe you should get off USMB and pay a bit more attention to your own kids... I can't imagine how a mother of two kids can find so much time to talk shit on a message board AND do a good job raising them. You see? It sucks when someone meddles in your personal affairs... yeah, and it's correct - it's none of my damn business.

Clear now?

It comes down to this simple choice: do you cast your lot with this mother, who 'wishes' to have another child, or with the child yet to be conceived, who will be raised surrounded by a multitude of question marks..
Chic, what child is not born surrounded by a multitude of question marks?

A mother who lives a reasonable life, who does not make herself into a martyr or a doormat for her kids or anyone else, who is unselfish but looks out for herself too, is a mother who gives her kids the best chance in life by setting an example of how to live a balanced life.

It comes down to this simple choice: do you cast your lot with this mother, who 'wishes' to have another child, or with the child yet to be conceived, who will be raised surrounded by a multitude of question marks..
Chic, what child is not born surrounded by a multitude of question marks?

A mother who lives a reasonable life, who does not make herself into a martyr or a doormat for her kids or anyone else, who is unselfish but looks out for herself too, is a mother who gives her kids the best chance in life by setting an example of how to live a balanced life.
Yep. And a mother that puts her kids on a pedestal is raising monsters.

Forum List

Back