Woman Blocks Man From Entering His Apt Building -- By The Way, He's Black

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA
Latest 'living while black' viral moment is video of St. Louis man blocked from entering his own home

In the latest episode of living while black -- there is a video going viral of a white woman attempting to block the entrance of a black man into his own luxury loft apartment building in downtown St' Louis.

From the article:

"D'Arreion Toles, 24, was trying to enter his home in the Elder Shirt Lofts building, 703 North 13th Street, Friday night when a white woman guiding a dog on a leash blocked him and asked what unit he lives in.."

She demanded that he told her what apt number he lived in and told him she feels uncomfortable with him entering his apt building. After trying to show the utmost patience, the man pushes the woman aside so he can enter the building -- she then proceeds to enter the elevator with him and follow him to his apartment door. 30 minutes after being inside his home, the police came knocking at the young man's door, no charges were filed.

The woman, Hilary Brooke, was later fired by her company after they viewed the video footage and released this statement "(We) do not and never will stand for racism or racial profiling at our company." My question is, should the man be charged with assault for forcibly entering the building against her will? Did the woman have reason to fear for her safety and perhaps use lethal force against the guy who so violently pushed her aside??

I mean you can tell how frightened the woman was when she got on the elevator with the guy and followed him up to his apt, luckily she escaped with her life.

Latest 'living while black' viral moment is video of St. Louis man blocked from entering his own home

In the latest episode of living while black -- there is a video going viral of a white woman attempting to block the entrance of a black man into his own luxury loft apartment building in downtown St' Louis.

From the article:

"D'Arreion Toles, 24, was trying to enter his home in the Elder Shirt Lofts building, 703 North 13th Street, Friday night when a white woman guiding a dog on a leash blocked him and asked what unit he lives in.."

She demanded that he told her what apt number he lived in and told him she feels uncomfortable with him entering his apt building. After trying to show the utmost patience, the man pushes the woman aside so he can enter the building -- she then proceeds to enter the elevator with him and follow him to his apartment door. 30 minutes after being inside his home, the police came knocking at the young man's door, no charges were filed.

The woman, Hilary Brooke, was later fired by her company after they viewed the video footage and released this statement "(We) do not and never will stand for racism or racial profiling at our company." My question is, should the man be charged with assault for forcibly entering the building against her will? Did the woman have reason to fear for her safety and perhaps use lethal force against the guy who so violently pushed her aside??

I mean you can tell how frightened the woman was when she got on the elevator with the guy and followed him up to his apt, luckily she escaped with her life.
Wow. The nerve of some people. Hell no he shouldnt be charged with assault. She had zero reasons or rights to impede his progress.

Last edited:

From the article:

Sue her ass.

From the article:

Nothing bad about anyone from pushing a person aside who is blocking you while going about your business. Left or right wing people are around us all the time. I had a person who approached me and wanted to know if my badge in my wallet was legal. She had not business doing so and got really physical about it. Needless to say she found out when she got cuffed and arrested for A&B. She got a $100.00 fine and a Judge who was black read her the riot act. LOL

Had to Edit: She followed him on the ELEVATOR? PMS

From the article:

Good, fuck her. Now if only employers started firing non white racists, we might actually have equality.

From the article:

Another racist feeling empowered by Trump’s Presidency.

From the article:

Zomg!
We may never have a real black President in America

Typical Democrat behavior.
How do you for sure he was a Dem? He could have been a repub or independent.

Doubtful. I've already scoured the internet for her social media and everything about her screams "liberal.

He Facebook page has been deleted BTW. I"ll keep you posted as soon as I find some proof though. Thank you for playing. :biggrin:

A lot of times it's in the rules to not let people in if you live in a building with a key card or code entry.

She should havejust closed the door and if he had a key card he can get in.

Typical Democrat behavior.
How do you for sure he was a Dem? He could have been a repub or independent.

Doubtful. I've already scoured the internet for her social media and everything about her screams "liberal.

He Facebook page has been deleted BTW. I"ll keep you posted as soon as I find some proof though. Thank you for playing. :biggrin:
How is it doubtful? If you cant point to something that says he is a Dem then you simply dont know. You lack the credibility to assume what he is. :)

A lot of times it's in the rules to not let people in if you live in a building with a key card or code entry.

She should havejust closed the door and if he had a key card he can get in.
Anyone that put that in the rules is begging for a lawsuit. Its not the job of the people in the building to play rent a cop.
Rentacop? Did they shoot him?

Anyone that put that in the rules is begging for a lawsuit. Its not the job of the people in the building to play rent a cop.

I once lived in an apartment building that said in the lease not to let people in behind you, so as to avoid unauthorized access to the property. Any renters were required to use a key card to get into the rental unit building.

I once lived in an apartment building that said in the lease not to let people in behind you, so as to avoid unauthorized access to the property. Any renters were required to use a key card to get into the rental unit building.
I guess its all good until they get sued. You can suggest they close the door behind them but you cant make it a requirement of residency.that they prohibit other people from entering. Say someone catches the door before you close it? Are you going to risk getting shot over it? If you do how easy would it be for you to sue the owner because its in the contract?

I guess its all good until they get sued. You can suggest they close the door behind them but you cant make it a requirement of residency.that they prohibit other people from entering. Say someone catches the door before you close it? Are you going to risk getting shot over it? If you do how easy would it be for you to sue the owner because its in the contract?
Well, i'd say it would be pretty hard for you to sue the owner after you were shot and killed. Maybe it's just me though....

Well, i'd say it would be pretty hard for you to sue the owner after you were shot and killed. Maybe it's just me though....
It is just you. I didnt say shot and killed. I said shot. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back