Woman-Beater Shot To Death In The Act

Um..

New York City employs over 40K police. This "hero" who probably had an illegal handgun could have just as easily used a cell phone to summon police, who would have been there in minutes.

In any case..there were other less lethal and legal means available to him..like using his fists. Something I've done in a similar situation..
I've used my fists to stop an assault as well, but a gun is far more effective and poses less personal risk.
As far as calling 911: Are you insane? in the time it would take for police to arrive, the bastard could have taken a knife to the woman's throat. Hind sight is 20/20 but when you have to make a decision to possibly save a life, you MUST act.
I know it's absurd, but let's place you at the scene with a .357. A woman is being beaten buy a man far larger than you. You would leave your weapon holstered and call police on your cell and stand there watching while waiting for help to arrive.
Not ask yourself how you would feel if while you watched feeling all warm and cuddly, confident that you are doing the right thing, the assailant pulled a knife and slit the woman's throat. Don't forget that you're a witness and there's a reasonable expectation that you will also die. What then? Another call to 911?

Well I didn't finish my "fists" story. I got in a lot of trouble for that one. The woman in question started hollering at me that I should mind my own damned business. Bottom line was I should have called the cops.

And in NYC the response time is very good.
Yup a good chance of that happening in a domestic dispute. The facts remain that you did prevent more harm to the woman, but put yourself in danger.
Yup the NYCPD does usually have a good response time, but I could pull a knife and kill the woman and you in about 5 seconds. Are they that fast?

I do.

Many of these "heroes" are generally lowlives themselves. And vigilante "justice" isn't something I agree with.

So..should the passerby just have walked by? The chances that this girl would eventually be killed by that asshole are really high...someone who beats a woman in the street in the open is probably going to kill her.

I love the liberal mindset that we are not our brother's keeper, that everyone should just be left alone until the government has a chance to intervene. If the girl was in danger and the guy wouldn't stop when asked to, he deserved to die. Add to that the fact that he menaced the person trying to stop him; that's not vigilantism, it's self defense. And we are OBLIGATED to help our fellow man.

No wonder you guys are fine with the atrocities that go on in the middle east and elsewhere.

Check the roster on this thread, Allie. It is mainly the two conservatives, RGS and xsited, who are whinging on about it being murder. I think I am a liberal on most issues and I am GLAD THIS FUCKWHIT IS DEAD.
Add this Conservative to the GLAD THIS FUCKWHIT IS DEAD list

So..should the passerby just have walked by? The chances that this girl would eventually be killed by that asshole are really high...someone who beats a woman in the street in the open is probably going to kill her.

I love the liberal mindset that we are not our brother's keeper, that everyone should just be left alone until the government has a chance to intervene. If the girl was in danger and the guy wouldn't stop when asked to, he deserved to die. Add to that the fact that he menaced the person trying to stop him; that's not vigilantism, it's self defense. And we are OBLIGATED to help our fellow man.

No wonder you guys are fine with the atrocities that go on in the middle east and elsewhere.

Check the roster on this thread, Allie. It is mainly the two conservatives, RGS and xsited, who are whinging on about it being murder. I think I am a liberal on most issues and I am GLAD THIS FUCKWHIT IS DEAD.

Yup Hypocrits one and all. Murder is not murder when you approve of the person being killed. Who cares about laws, society and the rights of others. BUT for you liberals who think this guy deserved to die, remind us how you also approve of abortion and the murder of unborn children. BUT oppose the State using the death penalty. I REALLY love that one. Deny the State the right to use the death penalty but applaud the murder of some guy on the street.

Fuck you too, then tell me why you assume that the shooter knew either of the people. Is it because that is what it would take for you to act? Or is it that you would only feel compassion for people you care about.
I would even defend your life and I could give a shit whether you live or die.

Put your dick back in your pants Ernie. I don't care how big you think it is. I recall using the words.."My Guess". The dictionary...use it...love it!

I HAVE been in exactly those circumstances. I didn't shoot the guy in the forehead...I shot him in his dick. Nobody got killed except his future children.
"My guess" That's not projecting your feelings on the situation??????

Now, how about answering my question?

Everyone with EVERY word is "projecting" something on the internet Ernie. It's a tired pointless offering.

Vigilantes/heroes happen rarely. Even though I have participated in such an event myself I might hesitate to intervene in a beating involving two strangers with deadly force. It's hard/impossible for a complete stranger to know the facts of what lead to the assault. I know that sounds chicken shit to a super hero like yourself but I have actually witnessed behavior by females that deserved a good ass kicking. Rarely..true...but it does happen.

Point is...unless you know the facts..as I did in my case.. It is best to mind your own business until you are SURE intervening will save someones "innocent" life if you have to take one.

Yup Hypocrits one and all. Murder is not murder when you approve of the person being killed. Who cares about laws, society and the rights of others. BUT for you liberals who think this guy deserved to die, remind us how you also approve of abortion and the murder of unborn children. BUT oppose the State using the death penalty. I REALLY love that one. Deny the State the right to use the death penalty but applaud the murder of some guy on the street.

So, anyone who believes that people have a right to defend themselves with deadly force but who do not support the death penalty are hypocrites IYO, RGS?

That be a mighty big broom you sweeping with, buddy.

Yes well I was thinking of SALLOW when I wrote that, and Sallow's response to it is pretty much a typical liberal response.

RGS & xisted, I don't know; I wasn't responding to their posts. I do know conservatives generally are okay with self-defense. It goes with the whole attitude of "take care of yourself and your fellow man and the government won't be so committed to finding expensive "solutions" to issues which should be settled in your own yard" thing.

Killing in the defense of yourself or others is not murder. Unfortunately, abortion is not murder either, though I personally view it as such. The only problem I have with capital punishment is that it is not applied as often nor as swiftly as it should be. Please do not include me in your list of hypocrites.

Put your dick back in your pants Ernie. I don't care how big you think it is. I recall using the words.."My Guess". The dictionary...use it...love it!

I HAVE been in exactly those circumstances. I didn't shoot the guy in the forehead...I shot him in his dick. Nobody got killed except his future children.

Everyone with EVERY word is "projecting" something on the internet Ernie. It's a tired pointless offering.

Vigilantes/heroes happen rarely. Even though I have participated in such an event myself I might hesitate to intervene in a beating involving two strangers with deadly force. It's hard/impossible for a complete stranger to know the facts of what lead to the assault. I know that sounds chicken shit to a super hero like yourself but I have actually witnessed behavior by females that deserved a good ass kicking. Rarely..true...but it does happen.

Point is...unless you know the facts..as I did in my case.. It is best to mind your own business until you are SURE intervening will save someones "innocent" life if you have to take one.
There is no way to be sure. I'd ask how you would feel if your inaction allowed the death of an innocent woman? Or do you think women need an occasional beating?
I could justify my actions if convicted in such a case, but I could never justify my inaction in the case of her death.
I'm no super hero, just scooter trash who happens to need to act with honor.

IT'S NOT MURDER IF IT'S SELF DEFENSE OR JUSTIFIABLE.
Get it?

There is no way to be sure. I'd ask how you would feel if your inaction allowed the death of an innocent woman? Or do you think women need an occasional beating?
I could justify my actions if convicted in such a case, but I could never justify my inaction in the case of her death.

Huggy, are you unaware of the adage about the worst thing to do is to do nothing at all? That saying addresses situations like this SPECIFICALLY. There's nothing more revolting than people who adopt a "wait and see" attitude when someone else is in acute distress. Our humanity is dependent upon caring about what happens to others, and even putting yourself at risk to protect those who are vulnerable.

I can't think of anything more vile, evil, and revolting than someone who thinks it's okay to walk past someone who is being beaten in the street, or waits to see if she's going to get killed, instead of stepping in with whatever force is necessary to protect her.

There wherefores and whys don't matter. You see somebody getting beaten in the street, YOU FUCKING STOP AND DO WHAT YOU CAN.

I do.

Many of these "heroes" are generally lowlives themselves. And vigilante "justice" isn't something I agree with.

Damn! I still have to spread more rep..... Owe you another, girl.

Huggy, are you unaware of the adage about the worst thing to do is to do nothing at all? That saying addresses situations like this SPECIFICALLY. There's nothing more revolting than people who adopt a "wait and see" attitude when someone else is in acute distress. Our humanity is dependent upon caring about what happens to others, and even putting yourself at risk to protect those who are vulnerable.

I can't think of anything more vile, evil, and revolting than someone who thinks it's okay to walk past someone who is being beaten in the street, or waits to see if she's going to get killed, instead of stepping in with whatever force is necessary to protect her.

There wherefores and whys don't matter. You see somebody getting beaten in the street, YOU FUCKING STOP AND DO WHAT YOU CAN.

I didn't say I don't step in. I just don't recommend it for "Just anyone walking down the street". I once broke up a knife fight in a bar(1972) and I still wonder to this day if I did the right thing. I kicked the knife out of one guys hand and it luckily stuck in the ceiling where he couldn't reach it. What if I had missed and the dude stabbed me? You can do what you want but I recommend staying out of something if you do not know what's going on and DEFINITELY if you do not have the skills to take control of the situation. There is a reason why fireman control a fire BEFORE rushing in to save people. Everyday you hear of someone dying in a fire while the fire department is already there. It is easy to rave on about how brave you might react to the situation of this thread but you don't know if a guy like that has a gun himself. You owe yourself, your family and your friends more respect than to foolishly rush unprepared into dangerous situations. Here is another aspect that is not discussed much. There are no pure victims in a case like this. The woman had already been assaulted 8 times by her husband/boyfriend? That is an accident just waiting to get some do-gooder killed. She clearly should have left the dude and testified against him. The vast majority of these women chicken out and don't testify and most of them never leave their abusive spouse... Ask your cop friends Miss M...what is the most dangerous police call... It's domestic violence! Ya I know...I know...you would dive out on the road to save a kitten from getting run over..and in the process cause a head on collision from the car trying to avoid you. You can wear your heart on your sleeve..but keep your head on your shoulders.

Before somebody gets pissy...this reply is for M AND A...:lol:

Last edited:
Well then, boys.

Consider this an object lesson in manners.

Remember..

The next time you're beating your wife in public and somebody asks you why, take the time to explain your actions before continuing to pummel your spouse.

that's why I use mental abuse. It doesn't leave any visible marks and no one will be the wiser.:eusa_angel:

I hope the cops never find the shooter, and I doubt they ever will. I don't imagine they're looking too hard.
I do.
Many of these "heroes" are generally lowlives themselves.
Do you have any evidence whatsoever that this is the case here?

And vigilante "justice" isn't something I agree with.
Good thing that's not what we have here.

Why you are SO afraid of guns that you are incapable of admitting that one was put to good use here?

Last edited:
Woman-Beater Shot To Death In The Act
From what little information I have, it sounds like the shooter is guilty of murder and should be treated like any murderer. Now if he asked the guy to stop and he pulled out a knife, it would be self-defense, but that doesn't sound like that's what happened.
You can act in the defense of others just as you can act in the defense of yoruself.

Forum List

Back