Woman Beaten for Karaoke Performance

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
Karaoke is one of those things: You either love it or hate it.

The activity allows ordinary people to take the stage and sing along to their favorite songs, no matter how untalented they may be.

Unfortunately, a 25-year-old woman's karaoke performance Wednesday at Bobby Valentine's Sports Gallery and Cafe in Stamford, Conn., was not met with a kind reception. Instead, she was physically assaulted by audience members.

The Connecticut Post reported that Leidy Alcantra was verbally taunted by a group of women during her rendition of a Colombian pop song. When she exited the stage, one of the women punched her in the mouth and then others joined in beating her, Alcantra said.
Witnesses provided varying accounts of how the altercation started and progressed, with most echoing Alcantra's.

The singer suffered a chipped tooth and several bruises, police said. She was treated at Stamford Hospital and released.

Six women were ejected from the bar before they themselves had a chance to perform songs. Michelle Rosedom, Danielle Swanson, Martisa Chambers, Chaniel McRae, Deja Hines and Kiana Strickland were later arrested and charged with third-degree assault, conspiracy to commit third-degree assault and breach of the peace, the Connecticut Post said.

Top Headlines, U.S., World, Politics, Entertainment and Sports News - AOL News

I went to a restaurant once and had already ordered my food.

To my dismay, it was karaoke night, and the first singer got up and sang.

By the time I finished eating. I had endured several of these off key idiots.

Just glad I didn't have a gun on me, or I would have gone postal. :evil:

Forum List

Back