Woman Attacks 3 year Old for Kicking her Chair on a Plane

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
This woman is damn lucky it was my children, because I would have kick the shit out of her.

Look we all gringe when a child is seated behind us on a plane. It sucks. You know your seats going to get kicked and you will probably hear screaming. Nevertheless, you have not realize the child is a child and its sometimes hard to control everything they do.

Either way, if this bitched laid a hand on my child, regardless of the consequences, she is getting punched!

Police: Woman on Southwest flight grabs boy who kicked her seat - USATODAY.com
Police: Woman on Southwest flight grabs boy who kicked her seat

Buzz up!By Jolie McCullough, The Arizona Republic
Phoenix police are investigating an incident on a Southwest Airlines flight where a woman allegedly grabbed a child who was kicking the back of her seat in March.
James Holmes of the Phoenix Police Department said a mother is pressing charges against a 42-year-old woman who allegedly assaulted her 3-year-old boy while they were on Southwest flight 582 heading to Las Vegas at the gate of Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport on Mar. 21 at about 7 p.m.

No arrests have been made because police are still gathering names of witnesses from Southwest Airlines, but the mother described the incident to police:

Her three-year-old son either kicked or put his feet up on the back of the woman's seat when she turned around and grabbed him. The woman told the child, "You're not going to be kicking my seat all the way to Las Vegas," while she shook him and then slammed him back on the seat, the mother told police.
She and other passengers began to argue with the woman after the incident, and both parties were taken off the plane to discuss the situation.

Staff had assured her that the woman would not be allowed back on the flight, and she returned to her seats with her children, Holmes said. The woman, however, did board the same plane again, and chose to sit in the same seat over other empty seats.

During the flight, the woman harassed the family and threw garbage at them. The mother told police that the woman appeared to be intoxicated.

o how funny....i agree ghook...we all hate when kids are near us..and they always are....plus the poor things dont understand pressure changes and that hurts them wee ears....you dont reason with a 3 yr old...you tell the little monstor to stop....or at least take off the shoes..then you hope like hell there are no long flight delays...but you dont touch the child....or everyone trys to make the best of it...or should try....

people just dont have manners...or consideration...kids arent valued

This woman is damn lucky it was my children, because I would have kick the shit out of her.

Look we all gringe when a child is seated behind us on a plane. It sucks. You know your seats going to get kicked and you will probably hear screaming. Nevertheless, you have not realize the child is a child and its sometimes hard to control everything they do.

Either way, if this bitched laid a hand on my child, regardless of the consequences, she is getting punched!

Police: Woman on Southwest flight grabs boy who kicked her seat - USATODAY.com
Police: Woman on Southwest flight grabs boy who kicked her seat

Buzz up!By Jolie McCullough, The Arizona Republic
Phoenix police are investigating an incident on a Southwest Airlines flight where a woman allegedly grabbed a child who was kicking the back of her seat in March.
James Holmes of the Phoenix Police Department said a mother is pressing charges against a 42-year-old woman who allegedly assaulted her 3-year-old boy while they were on Southwest flight 582 heading to Las Vegas at the gate of Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport on Mar. 21 at about 7 p.m.

No arrests have been made because police are still gathering names of witnesses from Southwest Airlines, but the mother described the incident to police:

Her three-year-old son either kicked or put his feet up on the back of the woman's seat when she turned around and grabbed him. The woman told the child, "You're not going to be kicking my seat all the way to Las Vegas," while she shook him and then slammed him back on the seat, the mother told police.
She and other passengers began to argue with the woman after the incident, and both parties were taken off the plane to discuss the situation.

Staff had assured her that the woman would not be allowed back on the flight, and she returned to her seats with her children, Holmes said. The woman, however, did board the same plane again, and chose to sit in the same seat over other empty seats.

During the flight, the woman harassed the family and threw garbage at them. The mother told police that the woman appeared to be intoxicated.

Yeah, I'd slap the shit out of her even if it wasn't my child. A forty two year old? Pffftt..

The time I took my kids on a flight I was not prepared for the re pressurization affects on my daughter.

On the return trip she had a full pack of gum

I just got very lucky in my kids. They have never been a behavior problem.

Why didn't the child's mother prevent her son from kicking the seat?

Isn't this at the root of the problem? Parents today afraid to discipline a child for fear of harming the kid's delicate psyche? Screaming kids in restaurants... Take them outside, better yet, leave them at home if they can't behave. Kicking the back of a seat in an airplane? A quick slap on the thigh and a firm "Stop that" should handle the situation. If nothing else, it gives the appearance that you as a parent are making an effort to do your job. When did parents stop teaching kids how to behave in public?

Don't get me wrong, what this woman did was wrong, but I can guarantee that neither of my kids kicked the back of anyone's seat, and if they had, it would have been the last time.

o how funny....i agree ghook...we all hate when kids are near us..and they always are....plus the poor things dont understand pressure changes and that hurts them wee ears....you dont reason with a 3 yr old...you tell the little monstor to stop....or at least take off the shoes..then you hope like hell there are no long flight delays...but you dont touch the child....or everyone trys to make the best of it...or should try....

people just dont have manners...or consideration...kids arent valued

I have traveled a few times with my kids. My son is calm and does well. I toss on a DVD and you won't know he is there. My daughter! Well she is an active one. We do our best. The DVD works at times, but she want to get down and walk around. Not always the easiest. I do sympathize with the people around us, but they don't call it the terrible twos because its fun!

We are only hearing one side of the story.

I've had a young child sit behind me and kick insistently during a flight - only to have the mother completely refuse to control said child after I politely asked her to intervene. After about an hour, I finally scolded the child myself. He stopped kicking and left me alone for the remainder of the flight.

I'm not condoning assaulting a child - but am questioning the mother's role in this incident.

ever hear of a Sherpa bag?

Yes I agree that it was wrong to lay hands on someones eles child but parents have a responsibility to control their children.

I will say, that I have no problem berating the parents of a child kicking the back of my chair. What I have always wanted to do was ask to sit in the chair behind the parent and then kick the shit out for their chair.

However the solution is to tell the flight attendants and the parent that the kicking child is hurting your back. And if nothing is done to stop the child you are going to sue everyone. The child, the parent, and the airline. Make it very clear that that is your intention and watch how fast that kid is put in irons.

Last edited:

Isn't this at the root of the problem? Parents today afraid to discipline a child for fear of harming the kid's delicate psyche? Screaming kids in restaurants... Take them outside, better yet, leave them at home if they can't behave. Kicking the back of a seat in an airplane? A quick slap on the thigh and a firm "Stop that" should handle the situation. If nothing else, it gives the appearance that you as a parent are making an effort to do your job. When did parents stop teaching kids how to behave in public?

Don't get me wrong, what this woman did was wrong, but I can guarantee that neither of my kids kicked the back of anyone's seat, and if they had, it would have been the last time.

Not always the easiest. If the parent is doing nothing I completely sympathize with a person turning around and complaining to the parent, but you have to be realistic when dealing with little kids!

We are only hearing one side of the story.

I've had a young child sit behind me and kick insistently during a flight - only to have the mother completely refuse to control said child after I politely asked her to intervene. After about an hour, I finally scolded the child myself. He stopped kicking and left me alone for the remainder of the flight.

I'm not condoning assaulting a child - but am questioning the mother's role in this incident.

Some parents are arrogant parents and do nothing. What you did was fine, but laying a hand on someone else's child is over the line!

The kid should have sat his ass down. :D

The mother should have told her kid to stop, also think the mother is exaggerating. But the women had no right to touch the child.

You took the words right outta my mouth.

What the woman did was wrong, no doubt . . . but I'll tell ya I'm sick and tired of the the rudeness and inconsiderate shit that seems to be the norm now. Treat others how you'd like to be treated . . . is that really so hard? Parents, parent your damn kids and teach them respect for others and respect for others property.

Not always the easiest. If the parent is doing nothing I completely sympathize with a person turning around and complaining to the parent, but you have to be realistic when dealing with little kids!

It is very easy. It is called duct tape. Painters blue tape is a better choice though as it is easier to cut off.

I don't care if you have to sit on your child to make it behave in an airplane or anywhere for that matter. Parents have no right inflicting their misbehaving children on the public at large.

It is very easy. It is called duct tape. Painters blue tape is a better choice though as it is easier to cut off.

I don't care if you have to sit on your child to make it behave in an airplane or anywhere for that matter. Parents have no right inflicting their misbehaving children on the public at large.

Gaff tape works fantastically too.

The kid should have sat his ass down. :D

The mother should have told her kid to stop, also think the mother is exaggerating. But the women had no right to touch the child.

I completely agree. So now there are two areas in which women of all political persuasions may agree:

1. Shoes Shoes Shoes!!!!!!

2. Parents have a responsibility to ensure that their kids don't annoy the crap out of other people.

Some parents are arrogant parents and do nothing. What you did was fine, but laying a hand on someone else's child is over the line!

Can you tell it your going to cut it off at the knees so it cant kick anymore?:lol::lol:

Here's a tip to parents of young children:

Nobody thinks your kids are cute but you. Please keep them under control at all times.

Here's a tip to parents of young children:

Nobody thinks your kids are cute but you. Please keep them under control at all times.

baby_duct-tape_on_the_wall.jpg

I'd have slapped the bitch who brought her brat onto the plane. Fucking parents who won't control their rugrats and then whine when someone else does it annoy the crap out of me.

Parental responsibility.

Forum List

Back