Woman, 65, shoots at would-be jewelry store robbers in Garden Grove

We don't need less or more gun control, we need sensible gun control.

sensible gun control got us the no guns allowed killing zones.

Is there a federal law banning guns in movie theatres?

OH so we revert back to federal laws? How about Aurora's gun bans?

1. Concealed Weapons Ordinances
A. Concealed Carry Bans
Aurora, Boulder, Broomfield, Colorado Springs, Denver, Englewood,
Lakewood, Littleton, Longmont, Northglenn, Pueblo, Thornton, Westminster,
Wheat Ridge

How about the no guns allowed in the theater?

sensible gun control got us the no guns allowed killing zones.

Is there a federal law banning guns in movie theatres?

OH so we revert back to federal laws? How about Aurora's gun bans?

1. Concealed Weapons Ordinances
A. Concealed Carry Bans
Aurora, Boulder, Broomfield, Colorado Springs, Denver, Englewood,
Lakewood, Littleton, Longmont, Northglenn, Pueblo, Thornton, Westminster,
Wheat Ridge

How about the no guns allowed in the theater?

Its a policy of the movie theatre to not allow weapons.

Did you see where I said I was opposed to the ban of concealed weapons? I don't lose to much sleep over it, I admit - but I think they're futile.

Last edited:
"Thing is for every story like this one there are a thousand about where guns were used to kill or harm inocent people."

"Is the life of a person killed in an accidental shooting worth less than the life of a person saved by an intentional use of a firearm? Sorry but if your argument is that guns provide a net benefit to society because they help innocent people defend innocent life, you have to balance that with accidental deaths or you're not being honest."

Are people who die in car crashes or any other accident any less dead than those who die in firearms accidents?
There are some people who are dishonest enough to lump the criminal and justifiable shootings together with accidents and suicides and try to petend there is something meaningful about what they come up with. Dead criminals are not the only benifit of firearms to society. In my area hunting feeds many people. In general police and soldiers who are practiced in the use of arms tend to live longer than those who aren't. Poisonous snakes and rabid animals pose a threat. How do you measure the value of security even if a weapon (as is usual) is never actually fired in defence?
Firearms are often emergency saftey equioment much like a smoke detector or air bag in a car. Having those things doesn't indicate one is intending or expecting to be in a fire or crash. Just better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
"Thing is for every story like this one there are a thousand about where guns were used to kill or harm inocent people."

"Is the life of a person killed in an accidental shooting worth less than the life of a person saved by an intentional use of a firearm? Sorry but if your argument is that guns provide a net benefit to society because they help innocent people defend innocent life, you have to balance that with accidental deaths or you're not being honest."

Are people who die in car crashes or any other accident any less dead than those who die in firearms accidents?
There are some people who are dishonest enough to lump the criminal and justifiable shootings together with accidents and suicides and try to petend there is something meaningful about what they come up with. Dead criminals are not the only benifit of firearms to society. In my area hunting feeds many people. In general police and soldiers who are practiced in the use of arms tend to live longer than those who aren't. Poisonous snakes and rabid animals pose a threat. How do you measure the value of security even if a weapon (as is usual) is never actually fired in defence?
Firearms are often emergency saftey equioment much like a smoke detector or air bag in a car. Having those things doesn't indicate one is intending or expecting to be in a fire or crash. Just better safe than sorry.

Great. I've already showed 4 stories where guns accidentally killed someone. Show me 4000 stories where a gun is used to prevent a crime.

Great. I've already showed 4 stories where guns accidentally killed someone. Show me 4000 stories where a gun is used to prevent a crime.

Why? I made no such offer. As far as accidents go I only pointed out that a simple comparison of accidental deaths to crimes prevented (unknowable) would not show the value of firearms to society because stopping/preventing crime is not their only value.

No, but most car accidents, are just that accidents.

What you need to make your point is compare the number of homicides where a car is used as a weapon vs where a firearm is used as a weapon.

Anything else is a strawman

We don't need more or less gun control or welfare.
We need more human intelligence, consciousness and responsibility.
It seems it is easier to legislate mis-actions than to educate enlightened ones.

What you need to make your point is compare the number of homicides where a car is used as a weapon vs where a firearm is used as a weapon.

Anything else is a strawman

No, my point is that accidental deaths are equally tragic.

And the same is true of firearms. Death by motor vehicle is much more common then by firearm.

Last edited:
What would everyone think if one of her misses had blown the brains out of a baby in its mother's arms?

One of those stories you had shown was not an accident.

However that was not what you were asked to present.
Here

bad guy with gun law abiding citizen with gun show where the law abiding citizen has shot and killed and innocent by-standard when they went to aid another person who was being assaulted by a bad guy with a gun.

Bullets don't stop as in Hollywood movies.

Real warriors know that.

Forum List

Back