Woman, 65, shoots at would-be jewelry store robbers in Garden Grove

Sounds like she defended herself against a few thugs with guns. Good for her, and I am glad she was unharmed.

And if we'd had those 'gun control laws' in place that you liberals all love so much, she wouldn't have been able to do anything but be a victim.

I don't have a problem with guns being used in this way. I have an issue with carrying them on the streets.

You don't have a problem but you still want them taken away. Own up too your mistake.

And if we'd had those 'gun control laws' in place that you liberals all love so much, she wouldn't have been able to do anything but be a victim.

I don't have a problem with guns being used in this way. I have an issue with carrying them on the streets.

You don't have a problem but you still want them taken away. Own up too your mistake.

I believe taking them away would prevent mass shootings, but I also believe that it is wrong to punish the responsible people for the actions of a few.

Thing is for every story like this one there are a thousand about where guns were used to kill or harm inocent people.

REALLY? I've asked people to produce some of those stories.

I could produce a number of them, all relating to incidents in the US over the last two years.

You could but haven't. You took the time to make this post, why didn't you produce some of those stories while you were at it?

I believe taking them away would prevent mass shootings, but I also believe that it is wrong to punish the responsible people for the actions of a few.

Your not making any sense, you take them away and that lady would be just a death statistic

Since guns are the hot political issue of today I guess I will place the thread here

OK gun grabbers this women saved lives with her evil gun and did not shoot an innocent by-stander.

Police are still looking for five would-be robbers who were chased away from a Garden Grove jewelry store by a 65-year-old woman who fired at the suspects.

The attempted heist occurred Sunday at Continental Jewelry in the 12000 block of Brookhurst Street. Surveillance footage from the store shows a white SUV backing up to the front of the building and five men getting out, pillowcases in hand.

The men rush to the front of the counter and point handguns at the clerks and a customer. Seconds later the shots are fired and the men race back to the door, fighting to get out as the woman runs after them.

The SUV left before three of the suspects made it back inside the vehicle. Police said they were picked up about a block away.

Nothing was taken from the store and no one was hurt.

Woman, 65, shoots at would-be jewelry store robbers in Garden Grove - latimes.com

1 dead, 1 injured in accidental home shooting | khou.com Houston

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/...llards-shooting-death-very-tragic-accidental-

http://www.wbiw.com/local/archives/2012/08/man_dies_after_gun_goes_off_at.php

http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area...s-gilroy-boys-death-still-under-wraps-history

Last edited:
REALLY? I've asked people to produce some of those stories.

I could produce a number of them, all relating to incidents in the US over the last two years.

You could but haven't. You took the time to make this post, why didn't you produce some of those stories while you were at it?

James Holmes? The guy who shot Gabby Giffords is another. The Fort Hood shooter. The guy who killed his family members last year at Xmas...need I go on?

Since guns are the hot political issue of today I guess I will place the thread here

OK gun grabbers this women saved lives with her evil gun and did not shoot an innocent by-stander.

Police are still looking for five would-be robbers who were chased away from a Garden Grove jewelry store by a 65-year-old woman who fired at the suspects.

The attempted heist occurred Sunday at Continental Jewelry in the 12000 block of Brookhurst Street. Surveillance footage from the store shows a white SUV backing up to the front of the building and five men getting out, pillowcases in hand.

The men rush to the front of the counter and point handguns at the clerks and a customer. Seconds later the shots are fired and the men race back to the door, fighting to get out as the woman runs after them.

The SUV left before three of the suspects made it back inside the vehicle. Police said they were picked up about a block away.

Woman, 65, shoots at would-be jewelry store robbers in Garden Grove - latimes.com

Was the person coming to the aid of someone who was being assaulted by someone else?
And by the way that was no fucking accident. I bet you think one bullet killed Kennedy.

James Holmes? The guy who shot Gabby Giffords is another. The Fort Hood shooter. The guy who killed his family members last year at Xmas...need I go on?

James Holmes was not coming to the aid of people he was the shooter, nor was Jared Longhner try again.

Was the person coming to the aid of someone who was being assaulted by someone else?

Is the life of a person killed in an accidental shooting worth less than the life of a person saved by an intentional use of a firearm? Sorry but if your argument is that guns provide a net benefit to society because they help innocent people defend innocent life, you have to balance that with accidental deaths or you're not being honest.

Heck my father-in-law has an arsenal and the only time he's used a firearm for anything but target practice was when he pointed a loaded handgun at my wife because he thought she was a home intruder.

And by the way that was no fucking accident. I bet you think one bullet killed Kennedy.
Right. All accidental gun deaths are really murders and intentional suicides. I'm sure this 3 year old was just fed up with life:
3-year-old accidentally shoots, kills self in Tacoma | www.kirotv.com

James Holmes was not coming to the aid of people he was the shooter, nor was Jared Longhner try again.

They are all deaths caused by guns, though.

Is the life of a person killed in an accidental shooting worth less than the life of a person saved by an intentional use of a firearm? Sorry but if your argument is that guns provide a net benefit to society because they help innocent people defend innocent life, you have to balance that with accidental deaths or you're not being honest.

Right. All accidental gun deaths are really murders and intentional suicides. I'm sure this 3 year old was just fed up with life:

You're still are getting it wrong, bad guy with gun law abiding citizen with gun show where the law abiding citizen has shoot and killed and innocent by-standard when they went to aid another person who was being assaulted by a bad guy with a gun.

They are all deaths caused by guns, though.

Nope caused by the shooters, who used guns....just like the guy in China stabbed 10+ people, it was the dude not the knife

In a perfect world, people would be responsible and we could rely on them to take care of themselves and not shoot others, so welfare and gun control would not be necessary.
Do yo live in a perfect world?

In a perfect world, people would be responsible and we could rely on them to take care of themselves and not shoot others, so welfare and gun control would not be necessary.
That's why we need less gun control because we don't live in a perfect world.

You're still are getting it wrong, bad guy with gun law abiding citizen with gun show where the law abiding citizen has shoot and killed and innocent by-standard when they went to aid another person who was being assaulted by a bad guy with a gun.

Why?

We don't need less or more gun control, we need sensible gun control.

Why?

Why what? You sound like that 6 year old that follows the adult around and alwayts asking why this or why that. SO FUCKING STOP IT AND BE AN ADULT.

and from your link first comment which was exactly the first thing I thought of when I read the story

There has to be something missing here. Why was he "removing a handgun" from his house at 1AM? Why did his wife ask him at this time? A gun will not discharge unless you squeeze the trigger. Even a careless person COULD NOT "accidentally" squeeze the trigger if the muzzle is pointing DIRECTLY AT HIS CHEST. Physically try to do it yourself. No one is that stupid or careless. This makes no sense whatsoever. With just one shot, too?

Hypothetically, what if the wife came home at 1AM and found her husband in bed with their daughter in law?

Last edited:

sensible gun control got us the no guns allowed killing zones.

sensible gun control got us the no guns allowed killing zones.

Is there a federal law banning guns in movie theatres?

Are there even any laws in Colorado banning guns in movie theatres, or is this a policy of the privately owned theatre company?

BTW, I actually agree with you that its futile to ban guns in certain zones.
At least not banning the licensed concealed carry of firearms. I'm not as "liberal" as you think on this issue. In fact, most of the nation is moderate on their stance on gun control. Its a false issue the media uses to get us to ignore what's really going on in Washington.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back