Woman, 65, shoots at would-be jewelry store robbers in Garden Grove

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
Since guns are the hot political issue of today I guess I will place the thread here

OK gun grabbers this women saved lives with her evil gun and did not shoot an innocent by-stander.

Police are still looking for five would-be robbers who were chased away from a Garden Grove jewelry store by a 65-year-old woman who fired at the suspects.

The attempted heist occurred Sunday at Continental Jewelry in the 12000 block of Brookhurst Street. Surveillance footage from the store shows a white SUV backing up to the front of the building and five men getting out, pillowcases in hand.

The men rush to the front of the counter and point handguns at the clerks and a customer. Seconds later the shots are fired and the men race back to the door, fighting to get out as the woman runs after them.

The SUV left before three of the suspects made it back inside the vehicle. Police said they were picked up about a block away.

Nothing was taken from the store and no one was hurt.

Woman, 65, shoots at would-be jewelry store robbers in Garden Grove - latimes.com

I saw that. I thought it was hilarious. the only thing was she needed a big shotgun, double barrel. mounted on a tripod. and a machine gun in the other.

As long as she legally owned the gun and used it to defend herself and her property from would-be robbers, I have no problem with this woman firing her gun. I don't know of any gun control advocates who would feel otherwise. She is not the type of person and this situation isn't the type that gun control advocates are concerned about. It's the people who use guns with extended magazines -- full of ammo bought online with no background check -- to shoot US congress members and innocent moviegoers that keep me up at night.

As long as she legally owned the gun and used it to defend herself and her property from would-be robbers, I have no problem with this woman firing her gun. I don't know of any gun control advocates who would feel otherwise. She is not the type of person and this situation isn't the type that gun control advocates are concerned about. It's the people who use guns with extended magazines -- full of ammo bought online with no background check -- to shoot US congress members and innocent moviegoers that keep me up at night.

I wouldn't care if she didn't own the gun if she was defending her life against a crime she has a right to defend anyway she can.

The only problem with this story is the woman didn't kill or wound any of the scumbags. Kudos to her though for trying.

Other than that, what a sloppy piece of journalism.

Thing is for every story like this one there are a thousand about where guns were used to kill or harm inocent people.

The only problem with this story is the woman didn't kill or wound any of the scumbags. Kudos to her though for trying.

that's why I suggested a shotgun, just point it in the general direction and you're bound to hit one of em.

that's why I suggested a shotgun, just point it in the general direction and you're bound to hit one of em.

Or at least they would have built a brown racetrack in thier shorts. ;)

I love seeing criminals get their ass handed to them, they think they have the rule of the roost......and BAM!!!!!!!!!!! comes the fact that people are sick of dumb ass laws promoted to protect criminals....

Good for her. Too bad she didn't kill one or two of them. Live by the gun, die by the gun.

Forum List

Back